Need Some Advice.

• Thread starter Midsallday
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Midsallday

I have been dealing with springtails the last two seasons at this location. I know all over the internet, its says springtails are nothing to worry about but imo, thats bullshit. I do believe they eat the roots. My concern is how to get rid of them. Also because they eat organic matter, would it be a waste to buy organic amendments and use those or should i just ran salts. I would rather keep it organic but I dont want to waste time and money. So far I have used DE around the pots and also top dress with it. I have also used spectracide on the yard. I do have the pots up off the ground and that has helped but i do see springtails just in the pots now.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I wouldn't worry about em. Especially being outdoors, springtails are low on the worry list. When they eat the organic material, they poop it out, if I remember correctly they're actually considered beneficial bc the plant can take up the nutes more easily after digestion.

If I were trying to prevent something from getting to my soil, I would run gnat nix over DE, They both have their problems, but IME gnat nix is much more effective, and the fact that it doesn't cake up makes it much easier to work with. Best of Luck Mids!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Diatomaceous earth, completely natural. Sprinkle on the top of soil work it in to the top. Kills all soft bellied varmits that want to burogh into your soil and feast on your roots. $5 American pesos at your local grow store. I’ve used this successfully for years. You could also make a habenaro drench that will work with a 100% success rate.
Good luck

Top Bottom