Need Some Basic L.e.d Info.

• Thread starter MarsVoltaEP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MarsVoltaEP

First LED grow, First grow in general. Everything online is either old timers with large grows or teens with poor man closet grows. How about something in the middle? I need to supply my personal habit of about 1 oz per month. What am I looking at as far as strength of lights I need and # of plants it the strain is something like white widow or train wreck?

Money is not an issue, space is not either but for less than 1 lb a year I wouldn't expect that to be an issue. I want an efficient set up that's as close to fail proof as possible

M

MarsVoltaEP

I'm thinking about a 2x4 tent and Mars Pro II 700 or Mars Pro II Epistar 120 for 2 plants? Growing in coco

I read about cob and quantum LED's, I'm an electrical engineer by profession but it seems time consuming. Anything bought off the shelf supplement? Also I want to be able to use the same lights for veg,flower

Last edited:
SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

Careful kiddo, I used to pull in 50K a year from your so called Poor Man Closet Grows.

brazel

brazel

I'm not sure who your comment was for or about? But if it was for me and you're referring to lights, post up your set up and I'll show you it'd be better to focus on how much you lost by saving a few bucks.
I'm not mad or anything like that, I'd love show you better options.

brazel

brazel

I haven't heard sweet tooth in a long time, I remember it though! Rad

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

Fluence Spyder LED, a fan vented to a drafty window for cooling and Co2, homegrown worm castings and compost tea and an ionizer to hide the smell. And yes, in a closet for stealth.

brazel

brazel

IMO it goes
Chile
Fluence Spyder LED, a fan vented to a drafty window for cooling and Co2, homegrown worm castings and compost tea and an ionizer to hide the smell. And yes, in a closet for stealth.
huh!? What's the poor man closet in reference to? Having top dollar equipment!?
the ionizer! no
Co2? Why
A fan in a drafty window? Isn't that a double positive?
Cheers

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

Without the ionizer, I'd probably be in jail. I've been to jail for growing weed before, and it's not a situation that I'm interested in repeating.

brazel

brazel

Without the ionizer, I'd probably be in jail. I've been to jail for growing weed before, and it's not a situation that I'm interested in repeating.
Without a doubt! I was referring using a ionizer instead of carbon. I should've made myself more clear

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

I've tried carbon, it just doesn't cut thru the stinkier weeds like the Blue Cheese I'm currently growing alongside my Sweet Tooth. There's a girl that stops by every day to let the dog out, and I have to keep her oblivious to her surroundings.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
http://timbergrowlights.com/model-4vl/

3500K spectrum if you want for veg/flower.

If price isn't an issue, stay away from mars hydro. Just get the good stuff right away or you'll just end up upgrading down the road. As far as how much you want pulling two 2oz plants every 4 months should be easy honestly. Especially with that light.

Personally I use Canna Coco.
Very good suggestion, I would look into quantum led bords also and CMH.

M

MarsVoltaEP

Careful kiddo, I used to pull in 50K a year from your so called Poor Man Closet Grows.

Lol I didn't mean it in a negative way. I envision a "poor mans closet grow" similar to Breaking Bads RV meth lab. A setup intended to produce high yield for resale. i'm not in that category. On the other hand you have the million dollar set ups similar to the meth lab in Breaking Bad that procures buys for Walt.

I figure if my intentions are just to grow 1-2 plants and perfect my methods over time I wouldn't need anything extreme.

I think I'm going with the 4VL 3500K. Also what is the difference between a gorilla tent and a 80$ tent of amazon? I know "you get what you pay for" but tell me more...

I plan on running a vent to a window. Does anyone know if there is product that covers a window opening but leaves a hole in the center to run a vent through?

dre8791

dre8791

Post a photo of your grow.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I plan on running a vent to a window. Does anyone know if there is product that covers a window opening but leaves a hole in the center to run a vent through?

Yeah
Plywood!!!!!

But really
Do a google search for diy stealth window exhaust.
I know there’s some out there that Build a box around the inside of the window, paint it black, and it looks like just a dark window from outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom