Need Some Help From Experienced People

• Thread starter knnthc93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

knnthc93

I am trying my second attempt at off season greenhouse growing. I vegged for 6 weeks under a t5 for 18 hours and threw them outside(SFV x Chemdog D, King louie og, Forum cut, and thin mint og), in the GH. All of the plants hermied, the reason why I am confused is I placed them where I do my outdoor in the summer and my OD never hermies so I dont think it light pollution, would the plants be stressed from the massive light hour drop over night? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also I wanted to get a pop up greenhouse and I was thinking about the " Farm house" any one used these? http://www.homedepot.com/p/FlowerHouse-FarmHouse-9-ft-x-9-ft-Pop-Up-Greenhouse-FHFH700/100377431

Power OG

Power OG

Hey man I'm a indoor grower. So not exactly sure. But I would say it's not the change in hours but maybe the change of different light source t5 to Sun. Just my 2 cents almost like they stressed because the par jumped dramatically. From under 600par to max par. Maybe some of the outdoor growers will chime in. When I do grow outside plants go out side after 14days old, but I'm in the south. How much did temps change?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am trying my second attempt at off season greenhouse growing. I vegged for 6 weeks under a t5 for 18 hours and threw them outside(SFV x Chemdog D, King louie og, Forum cut, and thin mint og), in the GH. All of the plants hermied, the reason why I am confused is I placed them where I do my outdoor in the summer and my OD never hermies so I dont think it light pollution, would the plants be stressed from the massive light hour drop over night? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Also I wanted to get a pop up greenhouse and I was thinking about the " Farm house" any one used these? http://www.homedepot.com/p/FlowerHouse-FarmHouse-9-ft-x-9-ft-Pop-Up-Greenhouse-FHFH700/100377431
I'm not sure I understand what you did fully here. Did you throw them outside to the natural photoperiod? That alone should not be causing hermaphroditism. What it should cause is flowering. Switching from an 18/6 to what's approaching a 12/12 for me at my latitude* shouldn't cause anything to hermie. Something must be stressing them, if it's not light it has to be something else. Are they cold? If they are, then yes, a GH will definitely help.

*Check out this tool: http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html

K

knnthc93

I was just wondering if the changing out like cycles and changing from t5 to full sun would have caused hermie. And I dont believe they are cold, doesnt get below 48 ( Socal). Hmm must just be lame genetics then. Thanks fellas

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not in my experience, that doesn't cause it. Sorry to read about your lame batch!

suomynona

suomynona

I think @Power OG nailed it. If you are sure your cuts are legit then that would be the only thing that could have caused that in my experience. Next time veg under a thouie or at least a 600 hps then into the hoops. I do it all year long and never have trouble. Good luck!

Power OG

Power OG

Have you checked soil for bugs etc.? What size pots are you in? Are they root bound? Trying to help narrow what's causing the stress. Your genetics sound good.
Respect

Quagmire

Quagmire

Stress can cause hermies for sure.. It was how I made my own feminized seeds years back.. I'd switch light cycles like 3-4 times until the plant got confused and went into preservation mode.. they think they are dying and produce their own male pollen sac's to keep their genetics going for next year. it's amazing how these plants can do this.. the only one that won't is a true female, meaning she has no male genetics in her.. very hard to find tho. The change in light cycle didn't do it, it was the over all change in heat/cold, humidity etc etc. Next time try introducing them slowly, place them outside for a few hours a day for a week or so, then go full on allowing them to adapt slowly to these changes.. kind of like buying a new fish for your fish tank and just dumping him in versus placing the bagged fish into the water and let it float while it adapts to this change.. just dump it in it dies.. lol. try pulling the male sacs off see if they produce more or stop...Best of luck man..

K

knnthc93

I ended up pulling all the sacs, no new ones grew back but I am not sure if my plants are seeded. Keeping my figures crossed.

Top Bottom