Need some help please plants turning yellow 8
Need some help please plants turning yellow 9
Need some help please plants turning yellow 10
Need some help please plants turning yellow 11
Need some help please plants turning yellow 12
Need some help please plants turning yellow 13
Need some help please plants turning yellow 14
Hello all

First time poster, first time grower. I’m in need of some to determine what’s going on with my plants and what I can do to fix it if at all possible.

I decided to try growing late in the season. I planted 6” clones July 5th into 1 gallon pots, watering until runoff once per week. They seemed to do well.

When they reached 18” a 24” respectfully, I transferred them into the big pots pictured below. I’m guessing they’re 13-22 gallons. (My thought process was transferring only once and hoping they would fill the pots.) I water 5 gallons, every 6-7 days. 5 gallons produces run off. In 6-7 days, the top inch to inch 1/2 is dry, but the soil below that is still black/moist.

I didn’t start using nutes until 5 weeks ago. When I water once per week, one week has nutes, the next week does not. I used 1/4 the dosage on the bottle (first watering), then 1/2 the dosage (second watering), based on the recommendation of the store owner. I’m using his soil.

I use a special soil made by the hydroponic store I visited. All I can remember is it’s old/new forest, perlite, and a bunch of other balanced stuff that’s supposed to be good.

The stalks and some stems are streaking/turning purple. The leaves are yellowing, and some are browning. What’s going on? What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

The strains are Lemonade, Shapeshifter, Watermelon Zkittles, and Sour Diesel of that helps.

I know this is a long post, I just wanted to give as much information as possible to help figure this out. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Phylex

Phylex

Additional info:

First week: Hydro Genius, Honey Chome 1/4 dosage

Second week: Just water

Third week: Hydro Genius, Honey Chome 1/2 dosage

Fourth week: Big Bud

Fifth week: Just water
6D9646AD 4049 4D1C A411 491DEF873B6B

6B49FE90 CC2E 4DD9 B883 4E282A85B5F9
995D7F4A 4151 4F4F B840 83DA794F462B
patchgrower

patchgrower

they look pretty good for the short season they had.
some leaves will naturally yellow this time of year and start to drop off.
it's normal for budding plants.
i'm picking hundreds of leaves every day now.
i remove the totally yellow leaves as they can mold on you,which really sucks.
i've already picked about a dozen spots of mold out already.
the rest of the foliage looks good and healthy.
some will always look different between strains. some darker green ,some lighter.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Yes even tho yellowing is apart of flowering ...Also known as the "fade", that plant is super hungry! The red streaks will tell you this.
Something organic with very low nitrogen yet higher p and k. ..do not forget to add mag and cal. Those 4 are really important to overall plant and bud health

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

another tip...dont just buy what the guy in the hydro shop tells you you need as most will just sell u alot o shite just to fill theyr pockets.thats his job.do a bit of reading on what plants need then work out what nutes you need.if your a first time grower u need to keep it simple.a bottle o grow and a bottle o bloom.bio bizz is cheap but does the job and its easy to get and easy to use.

Phylex

Phylex

Thank you all for the replies. I'm due for a feeding today so I'll up the nutes

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Mr Bee meant bio grow and bio bloom from biobizz. Been using them for years. Fish mix is also another great product but it takes the place of bio grow. Or you can use them both at half strength when you need to. Right now I’d hit them with 1/2 strength.

To do that I always mix a gallon jug full strength then fill another jug half way and the rest with plain water. Makes it easier to do fractional doses.

Btw your nutes are really low on nitrogen. You should supplement those with a grow fert in the first couple weeks of flowering. Then just use bloom ferts. And your leaves will turn yellow at that point but it’s natural. You’re a little early for yellowing due to the lack of nitrogen but it’s not the end of the world.

CalMag is a great tool to have in your nute lineup. Just be careful as it’s usually pretty acidic so it can lower your ph when using it. You can counter act this in various ways.

Phylex

Phylex

I just went full dosage on what I currently have and then saw your post JWM2. Is it too late to add something else with a higher dosage of nitrogen without risking nute burn since I just watered? I’ll look into biobizz for possibly the remainder of this grow. I’m guessing I have about another 6 weeks.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I just went full dosage on what I currently have and then saw your post JWM2. Is it too late to add something else with a higher dosage of nitrogen without risking nute burn since I just watered? I’ll look into biobizz for possibly the remainder of this grow. I’m guessing I have about another 6 weeks.
Just remember that they don't need LOTS of nitrogen in flower. They need p and k more. The red stripes are a sign of phosphorus deficiency.
There are more reasons a plant can fade too fast in flower. Tho I do agree it does need some nitrogen as well.
TOO much nitrogen can really screw with flowering so be careful.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

You could and I don’t think you’d hurt them at all or you can wait till the next watering. Don’t hit em hard with it but it’ll help. Most feeding regimines suggest going into flowering with mostly the grow formula with a little bloom formula and increasing the bloom fert ratio throughout flowering. At about the midway point they cut out the grow fert so the plant can use its stored nitrogen for the rest of the grow. That’s when you typically notice yellowing on the lower leaves and it works it way up the deeper you get into flowering.

Phylex

Phylex

Sounds good, thank you all for the helpful info. I found something I had with a lot of nitrogen. (24) I cut the dosage down to a 1/4 and fed it to the plants since I had just watered.

Two plants started preflowering about two weeks ahead of the other two. I’m really enjoying this part.

D10F2A14 56E9 4C76 BD47 AFF90A52D7FB
7588040D C1AC 47AE 9A50 2A1137CD69DE
5AD7CF04 7582 424F 8B3C C2F95EEBCBE4
KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

You're plants are consuming themselves! Clearly Nitrogen and probably everything else. If it rains heavy outdoor it's probably leaching your soil of nutes. You have to replenish that dinner plate immediately! If you think you've been feeding properly then just cover you're pots when it rains. As of now you need to get some nutes back on the plate because you're early bloom and you're yield is going to be determined by how well their feed and treated during the final veg phase or stretch as everybody calls it.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

View attachment 826846 View attachment 826847 View attachment 826848 View attachment 826849 View attachment 826850 View attachment 826851 View attachment 826852 View attachment 826853 View attachment 826854 View attachment 826855 View attachment 826856 View attachment 826857 View attachment 826858 View attachment 826859 Hello all

First time poster, first time grower. I’m in need of some to determine what’s going on with my plants and what I can do to fix it if at all possible.

I decided to try growing late in the season. I planted 6” clones July 5th into 1 gallon pots, watering until runoff once per week. They seemed to do well.

When they reached 18” a 24” respectfully, I transferred them into the big pots pictured below. I’m guessing they’re 13-22 gallons. (My thought process was transferring only once and hoping they would fill the pots.) I water 5 gallons, every 6-7 days. 5 gallons produces run off. In 6-7 days, the top inch to inch 1/2 is dry, but the soil below that is still black/moist.

I didn’t start using nutes until 5 weeks ago. When I water once per week, one week has nutes, the next week does not. I used 1/4 the dosage on the bottle (first watering), then 1/2 the dosage (second watering), based on the recommendation of the store owner. I’m using his soil.

I use a special soil made by the hydroponic store I visited. All I can remember is it’s old/new forest, perlite, and a bunch of other balanced stuff that’s supposed to be good.

The stalks and some stems are streaking/turning purple. The leaves are yellowing, and some are browning. What’s going on? What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

The strains are Lemonade, Shapeshifter, Watermelon Zkittles, and Sour Diesel of that helps.

I know this is a long post, I just wanted to give as much information as possible to help figure this out. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Along with what these other guys are saying you can change your feeding schedule as well, as long as your girls drain properly. I feed my girls every other watering and I water every two days. I am using Smartpots though, so my water drains well. I like to do the salts (and Cal/Mag as needed) once a week but this year I've split up the salts and it's working out fine. I don't see any downturned or knarled leaves but it never hurts to do regular pest checks, especially when your whole garden is going yellow, and on varied strains.

Phylex

Phylex

I've noticed a lot of people water every 2-3 days. Am I not watering enough? The pots I believe are on the larger side. I think they're between 18-22 gallons and each one receives 5 gallons of water every 6-7 days. They're not traditional pots. They were extra containers I had so I decided to use them. I believe they have good drainage. I drilled a fair amount of large holes in the bottom of them and I receive good run off when watering. I've been trying to avoid over watering. Should I actually be watering them more? I'm in Northern Ca. with zero rain, and daily temps in the 80-90's.

Phylex

Phylex

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I've been lucky with pests. I don't really notice much on the plants at all. Maybe one or two little insects on every other plant. I haven't used cal-mag yet, but I plan to get some today.

Phylex

Phylex

I figured it out. While I added one more nutritional boost to the feed, and testing the intake PH (6) and runoff PH (6.5) I purchased a hand held microscope and discovered Spider Mites. I’m heading to my local shop so I can start a regimen today to eradicate them. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom