New 2 Hydro Questions & General Chatting About Hydroponics

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So I hand watered the tea last night. And made 4x 40gals worth in 4 res.

Should i make another 4 x60gals of tea to top all my 100gal res worth of tea?

Then just add in my nutes and addidtives for week3? My week 3 chems on top of the tea? I'm on day 15day of flower. What ppms should I be at... I been at 700ppm in week2 on .5 scale what could I safely bump it up too. 800? 850?
c02?
No I would just do what you already have done. Dont add to the 100 gal res..
Did you get some yellow sticky traps?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Ppms for chems level.... My co2 ppm is at 1000-1500.

So don't mix in week 3 stuff yet? When do I return to regular feeding? And yeah I started putting those sticky traps everywhere

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ppms for chems level.... My co2 ppm is at 1000-1500.

So don't mix in week 3 stuff yet? When do I return to regular feeding? And yeah I started putting those sticky traps everywhere
No u can mix week 3 and get that done.. Just dont add tea to your big 100 gal res.

Resume normal feeding after 6 hrs.

P

Pimples

Absolutely 100%. And drip to waste. The slab is covered..makes a HUGE difference. I dont see how all you growers flood and drain with Hugos get away with it really. Not ideal. Rockwool at those sizes was NEVER meant for sub irrigation (flood and drain). Them roots want to spread. Ive seen these setups time and time again. It can work but your asking for it with a pythium break out. At least put some kind of capillary matting underneath those blocks. Them roots want to spread. Your pythium and rot will prolly go away and your roots will be much more happy. Cover the table with panda or something similar. X slits for plant sites. And a capillary mat and the roots will be a vibrant healthy white and completely cover the matting. Kind of like a hybrid NFT but on timed floods. But what I would really do and its the proper pro way..run that rockwool with drip to waste with blocks on top of slabs.

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I have a room next door that I'm trying out drip to waste on coco. I think after I finish this run I will give it a go with the blocks on slabs with drippers.

P

Pimples

I have a room next door that I'm trying out drip to waste on coco. I think after I finish this run I will give it a go with the blocks on slabs with drippers.
Dont over water or fertilize it. You know how when you put new transplants into coco and you really let it dry down to get roots going? Do that to rockwool as well. Once they are up and jamming..i find the mediums very similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom