New 4x8 Basement Setup

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diesel21

Diesel21

im in the process of putting thick poly on the walls and floor of the old basement and closed cell spray foaming to seal out all moisture. I have a 14x22 room that I will have a 2x4 veg tent and a 4x8 flower tent. I have a 6” and 8” in-line fan with charcoal filters to vent both outside. I also have a dehumidifier in the large room to regulate the tents intake air. Also a portable ac if need be. I have t5s for the veg tent but I would like some help with the lights for the 4x8. I was thinking 3 400w cmh from sunplix that are dimmable. I have heard anything from 2 315s to 4 630s. Also my tent heights are 80”s so I was thinking the 630s would to too hot. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You realy should consider running gavitas in your flower room. De 1000 gavitas with a master controller. You’ll definitely have to run a/c and get the wider hood it will totally rock a 4x8 space. This was my 10x10 before I put up the walls
A09189A1 FAEC 4AAA 9A93 1467DB1E7C4C

Diesel21

Diesel21

You realy should consider running gavitas in your flower room. De 1000 gavitas with a master controller. You’ll definitely have to run a/c and get the wider hood it will totally rock a 4x8 space. This was my 10x10 before I put up the wallsView attachment 816437

But with only 80” of total height won’t I burn the plants? I heard those gravitas run very hot.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
But with only 80” of total height won’t I burn the plants? I heard those gravitas run very hot.
They do burn hot. You need 3 feet distance. Depends on how tall your plants are. Can you build a 4x8 room to keep your cieling hight?

Diesel21

Diesel21

They do burn hot. You need 3 feet distance. Depends on how tall your plants are. Can you build a 4x8 room to keep your cieling hight?
Unfortunately my basement is only 80”. The tents barely fit. That’s why I was thinking the cmh lights. The only thing that concerns me is the 315s are supposedly only good for a 3x3 area. That’s why I was thinking those 400s. Thought maybe 3 would be good.

scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah but if you ever want to get a rotation going I would veg them for longer than that before putting then in the flower room. the point of having them separate is so you can keep it going without having to veg them in the flower tent. which you will have to do if you want to yield what you should using that much power.

scubascrog

scubascrog

they should be in their final pots about a week before flower, which you are transplanting up to probably 5 gallons which wont fit in that 2x4.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I would build a wall with a door in that room and put the flower room at the end and a veg room in front of it instead of tents, save money. seal it off. :) co2 and fan + dehumidi :) I built my 9x6x8 box in my garage for cheap.
you can run cmh or you can build your own qb leds :) save on ac :) it was a hundred outside and 77 degrees in my room with no ac.
I do have about 15 gallons 68 degree water tho of thermal mass....

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Don’t forget a drying room. Unless your going to shut the flower room down and dry for 10-15 days.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would build a wall with a door in that room and put the flower room at the end and a veg room in front of it instead of tents, save money. seal it off. :) co2 and fan + dehumidi :) I built my 9x6x8 box in my garage for cheap.
you can run cmh or you can build your own qb leds :) save on ac :) it was a hundred outside and 77 degrees in my room with no ac.
This weekend, fuck it was fucking hot. That’s sweet you can keep it at 77f with no a/c.

scubascrog

scubascrog

This weekend, fuck it was fucking hot. That’s sweet you can keep it at 77f with no a/c.
yeah it was , holy shit I did not like that lol. I have to trap cold air at night, shut my door at like 6am, keep the garage door shut all day, lights off from 12-6 pm. I gotta work for it lol. 73 degrees in the box from 12-6 :)

Diesel21

Diesel21

I had thought about jus

I thought about using the room im sealing off. It is big. 22x14. I was worried about smell. I would have to get a huge fan and filter I guess to do it that way. What if I just put a small divider wall in instead of separate rooms? The plastic is white so it should be decent for the grow room. Then I could just hang the lights from the floor joists and condition the whole space with on dehumidifier and ac if need be?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
yeah it was , holy shit I did not like that lol. I have to trap cold air at night, shut my door at like 6am, keep the garage door shut all day, lights off from 12-6 pm. I gotta work for it lol. 73 degrees in the box from 12-6 :)
Shitty, I shut down my indoor for the summer. Threw 18 plants out back. 6 over my legal limit. Got to get on top building a insulated, sealed room before winter come knocking.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I like pre-conditioning in the room before the intake to the actual grow room, then you can adjust fan speed from there to control how much conditioned air you need. dehumidi in flower room only... a moist hot vag, (i mean veg) is always good :D

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I like pre-conditioning in the room before the intake to the actual grow room, then you can adjust fan speed from there to control how much conditioned air you need. dehumidi in flower room only... a moist hot vag, (i mean veg) is always good :D
I concur, everything set and ready to rock. Especially the hot vag. Lol

Diesel21

Diesel21

So I should install a fan to vent the whole room? And then pull the air into the tents from the vented room?

Top Bottom