New And Learning

• Thread starter LordHill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LordHill

Hello Pot People. For my entire life I have been told no marijuana. Like most I smoked for many years and ultimately had to quit for work reasons. Fast forward, Michigan has made it legal to have, use, and grow! So, reguardless if I can have it or not for work, I do enjoy growing things. I have been very successful growing the hottest peppers in the world and want to give Marijuana a try.. So, I appolagize in advance if my questions seem stupid. I will have many, and any input will always be appreciated

madgrower

madgrower

Hello Pot People. For my entire life I have been told no marijuana. Like most I smoked for many years and ultimately had to quit for work reasons. Fast forward, Michigan has made it legal to have, use, and grow! So, reguardless if I can have it or not for work, I do enjoy growing things. I have been very successful growing the hottest peppers in the world and want to give Marijuana a try.. So, I appolagize in advance if my questions seem stupid. I will have many, and any input will always be appreciated
Welcome

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Since you waited for legalization I cannot respect or trust you. I only trust criminals. :badboy: Just bugging ya. Welcome to the farm friend. Hottest peppers in the world you say.. I love me a good pepper that gives you that near death experience and a good natural high after the suffering lol. You should post a pic of your peppers. Anyways there’s tons of good info on this site, but when you ve exhausted the search bar, holler if you need help, cause folks on here don’t even charge ya by the hour or nothin. They just help you grow better.. what a time ta be alive

L

LordHill

20170906 155359
Jalapeno to Carolina Reaper ... Even managed to keep my first pepper alive for a full 4 growing seasons. Red Savina Hab. Its production was down last year so it got axed when winter hit. It had a good run tho

L

LordHill

My grow is going nicely. Had a little over water issue a week ago, but I learned from it and things are back to normal.

Side note: I also develop random games for my kids and one of them has made it to the google play store. I find it to be excellent for getting stoned and mindlessly playing while I think.

Dan789

Dan789

View attachment 850021Jalapeno to Carolina Reaper ... Even managed to keep my first pepper alive for a full 4 growing seasons. Red Savina Hab. Its production was down last year so it got axed when winter hit. It had a good run tho
I can smell the heat coming off that shot, great looking peppers, you’ll have no problems getting acclimated to growing MJ. One difference though is I don’t think that peppers have any problems with bugs, pot’s not that fortunate, especially outdoors.

L

LordHill

The bug problems I had with peppers were Fungus Gnats, Slugs, Tomato Worms, My Chickens.

Gnats were easy. Amazon sells Lady Bugs. Slugs were a nighttime problem, bit tougher. Tomato worms were a daily hunt, and chickens took a fence..

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

View attachment 850021Jalapeno to Carolina Reaper ... Even managed to keep my first pepper alive for a full 4 growing seasons. Red Savina Hab. Its production was down last year so it got axed when winter hit. It had a good run tho
Oh wow, u got some Carolina reapers like I do!? If ur into a few rare jolokias I can help with some seeds. I refuse to stop growing veggies year round, go to the local coop where they are super protective of the veggies ...buy whichever fruit or veggie I wanna grow, harvest the seeds and whammo! Works well! If u can produce peppers li,e those cannabis will be easy leases my MI neighbor! I look forward to talking more!

L

LordHill

The round small cherryish peppers are Habs... I dont need any more pepper seeds, but I appreciate the offer! .. I have a baseball card folder will of pepper seeds. I've actually cut back on the supers. This year I'm going to do a couple habs and cayane. I've done well to not waste any of the supers, but you can only talk so many people into trying a reaper before you run out of people lol

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

The round small cherryish peppers are Habs... I dont need any more pepper seeds, but I appreciate the offer! .. I have a baseball card folder will of pepper seeds. I've actually cut back on the supers. This year I'm going to do a couple habs and cayane. I've done well to not waste any of the supers, but you can only talk so many people into trying a reaper before you run out of people lol

L

LordHill

Grow is going very well.. I decided for my first grow I am going to jump in both feet. I'm mainlining (manifold if you prefer), Scrog, Clones, etc...

My Manifold got its final chop recently and I am heading into Scrog very quickly. Made my "screen" last evening.

Feed/water is on point. No more overwater, no underwater, feel good about the root balls I have grown.

1 plant (of 3) has been ahead of the other since sprout and continues to be the fastest grower, So I have been attempting to clone it each time I did my next manifold layers. Mixed results to be honest. I seem to have settled onto personal best way after trying lots. My only luck has been peat puts in a dome, spritzed 2-3 times daily. Everything else I tried failed miserably.

Going to let them grow up 6 inches or so to my Scrog setup and tuck for a while. They grow fast, I figure 75-80% scrog coverage wont take very long at all, then I can flip to flower..

Overall I feel like I accomplished what I wanted so far. I have learned a TON by reading hundreds of forum threads. My goal for veg stage was be able to keep my plants happy and healthy consistantly. The high stress manifolds have all come and gone with 0 issues. Now some relaxed, low stress scrogging. Outside of 1 overwater (light), It has all gone exactly as expected.

The only part not 100% enjoyed.. the waiting

Top Bottom