New Experience

• Thread starter tagatis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tagatis

Hello everybody!

First of all, sorry if there was a topic like this.

I am coming to live to Canada and I would like to try myself in cannabis industry. I don't have that much experience. All my knowledge is basics. I would like to try to work in plant production. What are the opportunities to find a job for beginner?

I found few colleges and universities which have cannabis production studies but to be honest don't know what to choose. At the moment I am not living in Canada so it's quite difficult to decide. I would like to get certificate before I come to the country but it's to late because the registrations for program are already closed. What are your opinions about online courses (Cannabis at Work, Kwantlen Polytechnic University)? Is it worth to pay money?

Maybe you know who is hiring new people with no experience? Or maybe you know the easiest way to learn something and start looking for a job? For example, if I want to start as a grower assistant, do I need to get certificate at college?

It would be interesting to hear opinion from people who started to work without any studies at universities.

Thank you for your answers.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Its hard to break in to the industry.... What i would do is hone your skills. Grow, grow and grow some more. This will give you experience and along the way you will pick up terms and techniques that industry uses.
After that start going to shops and see if they buy from local growers. If they do, make sure you have somthing special (i suggest learning breeding) ig they do buy from you for a while, start asking if they know anyone looking for an apprentice grower or growers aid... If not even ask if they know of any bud tender positions or trimmers. Even if its lower level posistions you will still have knowledge of how cannabis grows. When you can prove your worth is when things you want will happen but it wont happen over night and you will have to put in your own work.

Top Bottom