New Grow!!!! Here Goes!!

• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brian77

brian77

Finally getting to work these forums out. Newbie.
Starting an indoor grow. First plant that I'm hoping to get yield from.
Indoor set up. Lights on the way and seed ready to go.
Hope to get help from you guys. Total novice.
Thanks folks!
(Plant on the left isn't part of this thread)

New grow here goes
New grow here goes 2
GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

Nice little space you got :)
If you haven't yet, feel your pots when they're nice and damp, not soaking though and try to remember that weight for when you think you need to water. Maybe move your light a little closer if you're not running a super hot light like a CMH or a HPS, ect. Looks good so far though! Just remember to give her time and don't measure your success by what you see others doing. If you're doing better than you did yesterday, then you're already making progress.
Good luck man!

brian77

brian77

Sweet! Looking forward to your progress!!
Cheers man
If you're doing better than you did yesterday, then you're already making progress.
Good luck man! @GeneticGiant

Words to live by!!
Nice little space you got :)
If you haven't yet, feel your pots when they're nice and damp, not soaking though and try to remember that weight for when you think you need to water. Maybe move your light a little closer if you're not running a super hot light like a CMH or a HPS, ect. Looks good so far though! Just remember to give her time and don't measure your success by what you see others doing. If you're doing better than you did yesterday, then you're already making progress.
Good luck man!
Great words to hear!! Looking forward to a good grow (hopefully)
Appreciate the kind words. ...watch this space

London bud

London bud

Finally getting to work these forums out. Newbie.
Starting an indoor grow. First plant that I'm hoping to get yield from.
Indoor set up. Lights on the way and seed ready to go.
Hope to get help from you guys. Total novice.
Thanks folks!
(Plant on the left isn't part of this thread)
Looks like you've got a much better set up now mate

brian77

brian77

Hi again guys. Anyone know much about autos. Growing an auto for my first go. You know anything about light cycle. Going to set myour timer here.
Also. About the fan, does it need 24 hours?

Fangthane

Fangthane

Growing an auto for my first go. You know anything about light cycle.
I just finished up with my first successful grow (autos) a few weeks ago. Since the C. Ruderalis genetics make the plant run on it's own internal flowering schedule - completely independent of light cycle - I think it ultimately comes down to the grower's personal preference. Anything from an 18-6 all the way to a 24-0 schedule seem to be the norm. I had some temperature issues that made it advantageous to cut the lights off for several hours at the hottest part of the day.

brian77

brian77

I just finished up with my first successful grow (autos) a few weeks ago. Since the C. Ruderalis genetics make the plant run on it's own internal flowering schedule - completely independent of light cycle - I think it ultimately comes down to the grower's personal preference. Anything from an 18-6 all the way to a 24-0 schedule seem to be the norm. I had some temperature issues that made it advantageous to cut the lights off for several hours at the hottest part of the day.
HI mate. Was it lights that were too warm to close maybe. I honestly have no idea about temperature etc

London bud

London bud

Hi again guys. Anyone know much about autos. Growing an auto for my first go. You know anything about light cycle. Going to set myour timer here.
Also. About the fan, does it need 24 hours?
I grew autos under 24hr light start 2 finish, I actually ended up with more grams of bud per plant with this than I have done with photos.
If you smoke a proper photo bud it's a lot stronger than an automatic version of the same strain though imo

Last edited:
GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

I agree, in my experience autos are good for two things. Quick smoke and bag appeal. It looks pretty but an oz of Auto is going to last you half, maybe a third as long as an oz of photo.

brian77

brian77

What about the fan?
Hope this time it’ll be better. Happy growing. :)
How to I check for ph levels in soil? Is it massively important? Just planted he seed...here goes.... the fan too. Do I keep it low and away from the plant? Thanks

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
What about the fan?

How to I check for ph levels in soil? Is it massively important? Just planted he seed...here goes.... the fan too. Do I keep it low and away from the plant? Thanks
If you just planted you don’t have to turn any fans for a week or so. Let it establish itself a bit.

This is how you take the ph of soil.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Good luck with your grow. I hope that is mylar film and not aluminum foil. If its aluminum foil you are going to have high temperatures. If reflects heat , which will cause you to have high temperatures. If its foil i would get rid of it and get mylar film

brian77

brian77

If you just planted you don’t have to turn any fans for a week or so. Let it establish itself a bit.

Good luck with your grow. I hope that is mylar film and not aluminum foil. If its aluminum foil you are going to have high temperatures. If reflects heat , which will cause you to have high temperatures. If its foil i would get rid of it and get mylar film

Top Bottom