New Grower From Maine

• Thread starter Bushpilot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bushpilot

Bushpilot

Hello all. I found your forums a few months back after deciding to get serious about this type of cultivation. I gardened a little as a kid. 6 years ago while helping a doctor friend of mine I became fascinated with High Bush blueberries. I read took gardening classes and sought out other fruit growers. A few months ago I decided I would like to try this type of farming. Its a bit different but I like it. I am currently trying to start a grow in a 5000 sq foot building I own.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Welcome to the Farm. I just started growing blueberries that I got from OSH this year. Had to get the soil acidified but got good results here in So Cal. When you get a shot throw up some pics!

Bushpilot

Bushpilot

Actually I am starting in 1650 sq feet as my first indoor grow. As soon as I get more electricity I will expand. I would not even try this out without friends that are training and very serious commercial growers, Blessed. I am working with a friend a couple days a week in his major indoor grow.

Bushpilot

Bushpilot

Welcome to the Farm. I just started growing blueberries that I got from OSH this year. Had to get the soil acidified but got good results here in So Cal. When you get a shot throw up some pics!
Will get some blueberry pics. We are loaded with native berries here in maine, our soil is fairly acidic already. They were what really got me interested in gardening and I really enjoy them.

fatawa

fatawa

Actually I am starting in 1650 sq feet as my first indoor grow. As soon as I get more electricity I will expand. I would not even try this out without friends that are training and very serious commercial growers, Blessed. I am working with a friend a couple days a week in his major indoor grow.
wat r yur goals homie?free smoke or cash?i like cash.ha

Rcubed

Rcubed

Don't have any of this years crops pics on this laptop but here is 1 from last year
Love it. Just started mine in June. They didn't even get 2 feet tall but produced quite a few berries. I have 2 different varieties Misty blue and Jewel. Jewel is the one that produced the most. Misty produced real sweet berries but far fewer. Just recently the leaves on these berries started browning. When I get a chance I'll take pics. Maybe you might know what's up with them. I'm wondering if maybe my dogs peed on them.

1816 House

1816 House

I gotta move my highbush, the damn Norway Maple has sucked up the sunshine. The mocking bird and I are having a dispute over whose bush it is, also. He's pissed.
And my low bush plants got killed by the dog peeing on it ! Friggin dog.

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Cash,lol.
best advice is go s.o.g. if thats yur goal.basicaly u will need 2 rms(3rms if u include a drying rm).but clone and root n one rm(veg a wk just so roots r established,then yur rm for flower.u can put 8-12under a 1000w if yur using hid lights.

Bushpilot

Bushpilot

I gotta move my highbush, the damn Norway Maple has sucked up the sunshine. The mocking bird and I are having a dispute over whose bush it is, also. He's pissed.
And my low bush plants got killed by the dog peeing on it ! Friggin dog.
There is a new avian spray out that is getting high praises. It is made from cocncord grape stock oils. It is supposed to irritate birds like a tear gas. Some friendssay they have stopped putting up their bird netting as this is so effective.

1816 House

1816 House

There is a new avian spray out that is getting high praises. It is made from concord grape stock oils. It is supposed to irritate birds like a tear gas. Some friends say they have stopped putting up their bird netting as this is so effective.
I think I just have to grow enough berries for both of us. He's a nice bird, keeps the other critters out of the patch too. If I was for a living, I'd have a barrel of that stuff.
As soon as I get more electricity I will expand. I would not even try this out without friends that are training and very serious commercial growers, Blessed. I am working with a friend a couple days a week in his major indoor grow.
Did you consider solar? The roof on that place looks perfectly aligned, N/S diagonally judging from what little shadow I can see on the Blueberry bush. Or do you have to run a whole new service line down there?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Welcome to the farm brother... Ready to see your setup as soon as u ge5 it done...

Rcubed

Rcubed

Hey here's the pics of my blueberry plants. I don't know if they'll make it or not. What do you think Bush Pilot?
IMG 20170904 125146
IMG 20170904 125127
IMG 20170904 125114
IMG 20170904 125101
IMG 20170904 125154
IMG 20170904 125052

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you would bush pilot, make a thread in outdoor growing or grow diary's.
And again welcome to the farm!

Top Bottom