New Grower

• Thread starter Grow121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow121

Hi, I’m planning on starting my first ever grow I’m going to purchase 2 small tents, 0.6m x 0.6m x 1.4m. What other equipment would people recommend me to use. Lights? Fans? Etc...
Also how many plants should I grow in this small space I was thinking 2 or just 1 a tent to maximise the yield.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Hi, I’m planning on starting my first ever grow I’m going to purchase 2 small tents, 0.6m x 0.6m x 1.4m. What other equipment would people recommend me to use. Lights? Fans? Etc...
Also how many plants should I grow in this small space I was thinking 2 or just 1 a tent to maximise the yield.
For a tent of that size, a 450w lamp would be plenty. You could get a fair yield with a 250-325w. As far as the number of plants, that depends on how you wish to grow them. (I'd try 4 plants) I would also say your limited to strains that would reach no taller than 120-130cm. Most of the posters on here think in the imperial system, not metric. Remember you will need headroom for the lights even at the highest you can hang them, and then you cannot let the plant tops get too close either.

You would need to go with about a 4" size intake duct, with a fan pulling air thru a duct going into a tent opening on the floor, and a 4" duct coming out, top or topside of tent, and a fan to pull it out, 4" inline fans work the best. And a small fan inside the tent that rotates to blow across the plants.

You could go with smaller pot size and grow 8 or 10 auto feminized plants in there, and just grow big center colas. There are lots of ways. The smaller the number of plants, the more work you will do training and messing with them. It's up to you.

You will most likely be growing plants that are 70-100% Indica with your height restrictions. If you are located in Europe, I can recommend a few good banks that I've used for years, haven't been disappointed. Led type lighting is by far the most energy efficient, just go by reviews on the lamps you research. :cool:

Last edited:
G

Grow121

Hi,
Thanks for all your advice really appreciate it. I was reading something about people recommending the SCROG technique when the space is limited. Do you think that’s a good idea as well? Yes I am in Europe.
:)

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Either scrog or sog in my opnion wich ever way you decide to go both should max your yield.

G

Grow121

AD58FBCC 9AA1 4ABE 8A04 692378AB13FA

Hi, do you think the light and fan shown in the images attached would be okay
Thanks in advance

A2B6E55B E26E 4E41 9D1A 2F0B683DD266
G

Grow121

The first 3 images are all the same I don’t know why it has uploaded 3 times haha

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

It's happened to me before to lmao and I think everything would be fine you just might have to supplement some lighting in flower to get the most out of the plants .

G

Grow121

It's happened to me before to lmao and I think everything would be fine you just might have to supplement some lighting in flower to get the most out of the plants .
Thanks for your help, what do you mean by supplement light in flower? Do you mean let it flower for longer?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Thanks for your help, what do you mean by supplement light in flower? Do you mean let it flower for longer?
No I mean like add a couple smaller led bulbs or cfls lights . to help beef up your plant in flower

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Excellent decision! I initially recommended about 450w, as most new growers seem reluctant to "do what I would do", Lol. I run 2 of the 600w lamps in a 4' x 4' x 7' tent, or nearly double your planned area. I run 1 of them plus a 250w lamp in veg., then swap the 250 for the other 600w when I start 12/12 light schedule. Sounds like you have enough to keep busy for awhile. :cool:

G

Grow121

Hi guys I’ve got my tent all setup now but before I start growing I’m trying to get my tent to the correct temperature which I’m struggling with. Hope yous can help! The temperature is just sitting at 32.6C.
I’m running a 600watt LED light in a 0.6mx0.6mx1.4m tent with a fan at the top pulling the hot air out and fan at bottom putting cold air in. Both fans are 4” inline. I’ve got a small fan spinning inside the tent to blow over the plants.

G

Grow121

The tent is full of positive pressure also so I think I may have to buy A bigger intake fan to pull more of the hot air out. Or even buy an aircon unit as well to get cold air in to reduce temp. Any advice welcome...

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

The tent is full of positive pressure also so I think I may have to buy A bigger intake fan to pull more of the hot air out. Or even buy an aircon unit as well to get cold air in to reduce temp. Any advice welcome...
Are you exhausting the warm air to the outside? You may wind up buying a air con for your loft, and it's exhaust would need to be vented to the outside of course. Best of luck to you. Cheers!

G

Grow121

I’ve got a bigger fan now which has created negative pressure in the tent. Temp is still as high as 36C / 97F. Leaves are drooping down and the edges are curling up as well. I don’t know if this is caused by under or over watering or too much light. I’ve currently got the lights at 18” and plant is only 1 week old please see photo attached. Any advice welcome

8CE85A3E B6F2 47D3 8158 BB81ECF69F6A
G

Grow121

I’ve been pouring in about 1 litre of water a day into the pot which is 10 gal / 38L

Latest posts

Top Bottom