New Hydroponic Grower - Need Help With Leaf Rusting

• Thread starter Ogmofojones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Ogmofojones

I am two weeks into the vegetative stage of my first hydroponic grow. I am using a kind LED light positioned 18"above the plants. I think my grow chamber may be too cold and I fed the plants too many nutrients. Anyone have advice? Check out the pictures attached.

New hydroponic grower   need help with leaf rusting
New hydroponic grower   need help with leaf rusting 2
S

Simplicio

You're probably correct.
Looks like nute burn, which is common for those who use more than 1/4 to 1/2 the nute pushers' recommendations.
Too much nutes = poison
Too little fertilizer, and the plants will become noticeably lighter green, which is easily remedied.
Too much, and death can result.
Err on the side of caution.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Check for bugs? Do you ph your nutes after mixing? Is this powdery mildew?Humidity?

BF742F3D AF9D 43F5 99E7 E190EA6AEAE2
Medigrow

Medigrow

I am two weeks into the vegetative stage of my first hydroponic grow. I am using a kind LED light positioned 18"above the plants. I think my grow chamber may be too cold and I fed the plants too many nutrients. Anyone have advice? Check out the pictures attached.

Have you been able to fix it? I think I experience the same issue... :(

Medigrow

Medigrow

I checked my roots, they are white and no weird smell coming of them. Though, I had some fungus gnats issue, I've been able to kill them at 99% I even went bare hand at them ahah :D So if I had fungus, I guess I overwatered (newbie issue I know). What is the best practice when you don't want to overwater but they need phosphorus asap? Each time I water, leave are dropping, so, overwater or oxygen but even last night, I gave them only 250 ml and leaves dropped... With a little curly at the tip, which is nitrogen toxicity I think. I did check my ppm and last time, at output, it was something like ~350-400. Stems and leaves (the middle vein) seems a little bit red so I really think that's a phosphorus issue but with the curly tip, i'm confused.

Thank you @chemistry :)

First grow, I guess I will experiment all newbie's issues eheh

chemistry

chemistry

I checked my roots, they are white and no weird smell coming of them. Though, I had some fungus gnats issue, I've been able to kill them at 99% I even went bare hand at them ahah :D So if I had fungus, I guess I overwatered (newbie issue I know). What is the best practice when you don't want to overwater but they need phosphorus asap? Each time I water, leave are dropping, so, overwater or oxygen but even last night, I gave them only 250 ml and leaves dropped... With a little curly at the tip, which is nitrogen toxicity I think. I did check my ppm and last time, at output, it was something like ~350-400. Stems and leaves (the middle vein) seems a little bit red so I really think that's a phosphorus issue but with the curly tip, i'm confused.

Thank you @chemistry :)

First grow, I guess I will experiment all newbie's issues eheh

Most of the time its a ropey PH that causes a Phosphorus lock out rather than it not being available to the plant, so that would be my first port of call. If you dont fix the problem fairly fast, you won't have any leaves left, the brown is you plant robbing Phosphorus from the fan leaves. What medium are you growing in?

Medigrow

Medigrow

Those one are in soil "promix". PH was bad at first, didn't received my pen yet... But it's been like 10-12 days and they don't seem to come back yet, seems to get worse.. Last time I water I went with a flush to make sure there was no buildup going since my ph was out of balance. I will go with half the nuts tonight or tomorrow morning. How long it should take before I can see the change?

chemistry

chemistry

Those one are in soil "promix". PH was bad at first, didn't received my pen yet... But it's been like 10-12 days and they don't seem to come back yet, seems to get worse.. Last time I water I went with a flush to make sure there was no buildup going since my ph was out of balance. I will go with half the nuts tonight or tomorrow morning. How long it should take before I can see the change?[/QUO

You need to get your pen sorted quite quickly so you can sort your PH. Then maybe 7 days before you see a difference. The worst of the leaves won't green up, they will die off. After you get your PH sorted, look at your new growth to see any changes.

You need a PH pen to sort your PH, I think your PH is a shade out and that's causing a Phosphorus lock out. You should see some thing better to look at in around 7 days, look at your new growth for improvements.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I received my ph pen 1 week ago but I may have overwater a bit so can't gave them water in a rush, it will be worse :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom