• Thread starter gateswood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gateswood

gateswood

Hello from a canna-un-friendly southern state. I don't grow anything but I do get some very nice things from an expert and legal medical grower from another state. I use the products for back pain. I use the herb in herbal vaporizers (nighttime only) and also use CBD crystal isolate with indica oil melted in PG for ecig types of vaporizers. I also use this magical butter type of indica oil in coconut oil capsules. I began all this early last year and it's working very well for me. I limit my usage to control any tolerance issues and have noticed nothing so far.

My new project will be doing a cleaner extraction to make a wax/shatter type of concentrate to make my daytime e-liquid and to share with my grower. I have the raw material (70% sativa) and have ordered in the 11x butane, closed tube, 50 micron screens for the inside of the tube and a vacuum chamber. Of course I'm still studying hard and joined the group so I could read more threads. As a brand new member, I post this intro.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello from a canna-un-friendly southern state. I don't grow anything but I do get some very nice things from an expert and legal medical grower from another state. I use the products for back pain. I use the herb in herbal vaporizers (nighttime only) and also use CBD crystal isolate with indica oil melted in PG for ecig types of vaporizers. I also use this magical butter type of indica oil in coconut oil capsules. I began all this early last year and it's working very well for me. I limit my usage to control any tolerance issues and have noticed nothing so far.

My new project will be doing a cleaner extraction to make a wax/shatter type of concentrate to make my daytime e-liquid and to share with my grower. I have the raw material (70% sativa) and have ordered in the 11x butane, closed tube, 50 micron screens for the inside of the tube and a vacuum chamber. Of course I'm still studying hard and joined the group so I could read more threads. As a brand new member, I post this intro.
You might want to look up QWISO ..it can be made with everclear too.

gateswood

gateswood

Thank you. I started looking into all of this last year trying to figure a way to clean up the full plant, well-cooked indica oil I have. It's great for eating but not so great for making vapor. I have looked at the alcohol extraction methods and do have plenty of 99% iso and 95% ethanol on hand but I think going with the BHO is my best option. Our place is very private, without neighbors and with a large, open barn to work in.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Have you considered rosin? No alcohol, no butane, pure cannabis oil/wax. I make it all the time for vaping.

gateswood

gateswood

Thanks. I did look at some rosin presses. Very nice but I'm not sure how much gooey stuff I'd have to deal with, how much goodness would be trapped in the material, how long it would take to process 10 oz of buds and how to keep weed trash out of the oil.

Since I already have many of the tools I need for BHO and this will likely be a one-time process, I went with cheap and easy

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Good luck with that. As far as dealing with rosin, it's easy. But it is time consuming. I only press a few grams out a a time. I had never done this before, and after studying about it and looking at tons of presses, I bought a Dulytek heat press, got it on 420 day for 250 bucks. It's a hand powered press that has max pressure of 1k lbs. I get outstanding yields by pre pressing the buds. Based on my experience, by estimation if I set it up to just keep pressing ready material, I could probably process an ounce in 2 hours with this small set up. Filter bags trap more resin that what is left in the material. I can often re-press material and get more out depending. I have been very impressed at how easy it is to produce stuff that looks just like the pics. The strain I am just finishing up was bred just for resin production, Hash Bomb, and it's almost as gooey as the pics of Gorilla Glue #4. Hope you have good results.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Welcome dude. Yup back pain sucks. I also use cannabis for severe back pain. Works way better than anything else. As far as tolerance goes.... haha... I JUST GROW MORE. :)

gateswood

gateswood

Good luck with that. As far as dealing with rosin, it's easy. But it is time consuming. I only press a few grams out a a time. I had never done this before, and after studying about it and looking at tons of presses, I bought a Dulytek heat press, got it on 420 day for 250 bucks. It's a hand powered press that has max pressure of 1k lbs. I get outstanding yields by pre pressing the buds. Based on my experience, by estimation if I set it up to just keep pressing ready material, I could probably process an ounce in 2 hours with this small set up. Filter bags trap more resin that what is left in the material. I can often re-press material and get more out depending. I have been very impressed at how easy it is to produce stuff that looks just like the pics. The strain I am just finishing up was bred just for resin production, Hash Bomb, and it's almost as gooey as the pics of Gorilla Glue #4. Hope you have good results.

Great info. My up north grower is more interested in a press than I am but he has huge amounts to process. The Dulytek looks great but he may deserve a lifetime achievement award if he did any significant amount of the hundred pounds he grows each year.

gateswood

gateswood

Welcome dude. Yup back pain sucks. I also use cannabis for severe back pain. Works way better than anything else. As far as tolerance goes.... haha... I JUST GROW MORE. :)

I wish I could grow some but it's not worth the risk in my very intolerant state. It would really bite to lose our property due to one flukey or accidental incident. And it's a quarter-mile to any decent guerrilla farming spots that I would be comfortable with using. Too much work.

Nice greenhouse. My bro who grows has a huge one similar to yours but it's too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer for production. It's basically a support room for his ~2500 ft² outdoor pen with 12' fence and a chain link ceiling.

stiffneck

stiffneck

I wish I could grow some but it's not worth the risk in my very intolerant state. It would really bite to lose our property due to one flukey or accidental incident. And it's a quarter-mile to any decent guerrilla farming spots that I would be comfortable with using. Too much work.

Nice greenhouse. My bro who grows has a huge one similar to yours but it's too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer for production. It's basically a support room for his ~2500 ft² outdoor pen with 12' fence and a chain link ceiling.

Understood. It boggles the mind though. We both need to use cannabis for back pain... legal in one state and illegal in another. Times are changing and I hope YOUR state allows you to grow in the near future. :) What have you found that works best for your condition? I use coconut oil every day... I used to put it in caps but man I hate pills so yeah i just put that coconut cannaoil in some hot chocolate. Knocking back the back pain never tasted so good...

gateswood

gateswood

I make capsules with 6 mg of the indica oil and about 600 mg of coconut oil each. These do a fairly good job on knocking down the pain without getting me high. If I take one in the morning before breakfast it will give me a small buzz. The OEM version from my grower is "grain of rice" size in coco oil. I figure that to be around 30 mg. When I took one of his full-strength cancer pain capsules, it had me walking into walls.

I initially broke into cannameds by ordering in the CBD crystal isolate with terpenes from Colorado. I use that dissolved in PG for a temp control ecig vaporizer. I mix it at 50 mg/ml potency. About 10 puffs will put out the fire. Later on last year I got some of his high THC oil without coco oil. It's a solid black mass at refrigerator temperatures. I tried to clean that oil up by winterizing but it wouldn't work so the best I could do was melt it in the alky and filter it before reconstituting it. Reqardless, I began adding 17 mg to my 50 mg/ml CBD brew. The THC makes it work better. Three puffs does the job of ten.

Around that time I got six strains of his finest and a few puffs of any in the Flowermate or Arizer completely nukes any possibility of feeling pain and my lights go out very quickly.

Now I'm up to ten strains with the big bag of NYPD being largely devoted to our shatter project. Although my wife and I will enjoy going into orbit occasionally with that, the highest purpose will be adding to my daytime vapor in lieu of the black oil.

I also have a mason jar nearly full of new tincture he made in his magical butter machine for me but I'm playing with that to dial in a dose. Being made with 190 proof, it's a little hot under the tongue for comfort so I'm slowly reducing some of it to make it higher THC/lower alky.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I have one of those magical butter 2 machines. MB2. Coconut oil is the only way to go, even for making baked goods, butter just doesn't go as far.

I have a bad back, but the pain isn't chronic. Just have to be careful. The 2 biggest reasons this old man uses is anxiety disorder and PTSD. The 3rd would be, I love getting high. :cool:
Sounds like you have all sorts of ways and stuff to use. I smoke about 5 hits in a beaker bong, and 2 or 3 dabs, and I'm good for awhile. Currently fried on a strain called Super Sweet Tooth. It's a very potent gooey indica. The rosin is very dark from this strain now as it was harvested March 1st. Very potent though. Happy concentrate making!! :cool:

gateswood

gateswood

I have one of those magical butter 2 machines. MB2. Coconut oil is the only way to go, even for making baked goods, butter just doesn't go as far.

I have a bad back, but the pain isn't chronic. Just have to be careful. The 2 biggest reasons this old man uses is anxiety disorder and PTSD. The 3rd would be, I love getting high. :cool:
Sounds like you have all sorts of ways and stuff to use. I smoke about 5 hits in a beaker bong, and 2 or 3 dabs, and I'm good for awhile. Currently fried on a strain called Super Sweet Tooth. It's a very potent gooey indica. The rosin is very dark from this strain now as it was harvested March 1st. Very potent though. Happy concentrate making!! :cool:

I'm glad you're doing well with your treatment and glad you don't have full-time back pain. Mine has been goofed up for 14 years. Five crushed vertebrae. I have a nice array of meds but will be happier when I can make my vaporizer liquid with a cleaner oil component. Then I think I'll be done collecting and may have a lifetime supply. I also use a very high potency capaicin/DMSO (1.4 million SHU) treatment on my back for defunctionalization of receptors.

My friend only uses everclear and bud in his MB machine. After the alky is gone, it looks like this.

Oil
stiffneck

stiffneck

I'm glad you're doing well with your treatment and glad you don't have full-time back pain. Mine has been goofed up for 14 years. Five crushed vertebrae. I have a nice array of meds but will be happier when I can make my vaporizer liquid with a cleaner oil component. Then I think I'll be done collecting and may have a lifetime supply. I also use a very high potency capaicin/DMSO (1.4 million SHU) treatment on my back for defunctionalization of receptors.

My friend only uses everclear and bud in his MB machine. After the alky is gone, it looks like this.

Just got back from acupuncture. Started going a couple months ago and I think now I have had 7 sessions. It is REALLY helping. I got some bad discs in my back a couple surgeries, three level neck fusion....

I had somebody tell me years ago to use DMSO. Is the capaicin/DMSO (1.4 million SHU) something you buy? are prescribed or make? Does it work well?

I also have a MBM2. For medical cannabis use its essential for me. I used to use butter but as the poster above stated the return is less than with coconut oil. I have never measured anything but what I take knocks me the fuck out. And... I have a huge tolerance using it every night and smoking hash in the daytime.

Good luck man!

gateswood

gateswood

Just got back from acupuncture. Started going a couple months ago and I think now I have had 7 sessions. It is REALLY helping. I got some bad discs in my back a couple surgeries, three level neck fusion....

I had somebody tell me years ago to use DMSO. Is the capaicin/DMSO (1.4 million SHU) something you buy? are prescribed or make? Does it work well?

I also have a MBM2. For medical cannabis use its essential for me. I used to use butter but as the poster above stated the return is less than with coconut oil. I have never measured anything but what I take knocks me the fuck out. And... I have a huge tolerance using it every night and smoking hash in the daytime.

Good luck man!

Thanks. Acupuncture can work wonders. I had a bunch of that early in this century and it did me good. After I broke my back I went to see my TCM doc. She did something really stupid and hurt me bad. I never went back.

Coconut oil rocks as a carrier. As a medium chain triglyceride, the body sees it and processes it as energy, bypassing all the fat processing mechanisms. It goes through the portal vein and straight into the liver. Boom!

I make my own capasicin treatment using pure crystalline capsaicin. My treatment has evolved considerably over the last year but I began by trying to mimic the $800 pharmaceutical pain patch described in this study.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3169333/
They're shooting at a somewhat different target but the concept is the same. The DMSO carries it deep and nukes the pain receptors.

50 mg of capsaicin dissolved in 5 ml of DMSO in a roller bottle. My wife paints my bad area every month or so and the effect is pretty amazing.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Man, do you process that further, or how many ways can it be used? If you can get me a recipe from him, may make some if it's something I can use. I haven't used it in awhile, may need to order a new filter bag. For me, I'm only in this for myself. Only one other person, a friend since childhood, even knows I grow and use. I'm retired, so I can tend my crop and do my yard work, help others. I been working in hay everyday this week, all tractor work.

I am sorry about your back, and your too stiffneck. I had neck surgery back in 97 for a pinched nerve, but thankfully the surgery fixed that. Glad your getting yourself all set up. I set up, do a few grows, then shut down for awhile. Remodeling slowly, so I hire some of it done and don't want strangers seeing anything, to concerned about thieves. I'll be learning more about rosin when I cure this grow. The last strain was already aging some when I got the press. I'll share info with anyone interested.
:cool:

gateswood

gateswood

I use it by dissolving 300 mg into 30 ml EVCO, then use a 10 ml pipette to fill 50 capsules in a capmquik jig. I once put some in the oil pod for my Flowermate and vaped it but since the oil is a whole plant reduction, there's too a bit too much goo for that. Even after melting and filtering a couple of times. Also too much goo for winterizing, at least in small amounts in test tubes. I do make an acceptable vaping liquid by mixing 50 mg with 150 mg into 3 ml of PG.

The recipe for the tincture he just made for me is 3 oz small cured buds, 3 cups of ethanol and 8 hour run cycle. I'm leaving this as tincture for long term frozen storage but to make what you see in the pill bottle above, just evap the alky and pour while warm. No idea what this recipe would net in solid oil after evap.

I did some beneficial farm work recently too. I traveled to help get Rancho Sinsemilla ready for the new season.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about your pressing.

Top Bottom