New Oil Farmer

• Thread starter Ks Warrior
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Ks Warrior

Hey people.

First time on this, but have a feeling that I'm going to be on it a bit moving forward. I came here to learn more about growing plants for making Rick Simpson Oil. My wife's brain cancer that went about 13 years in remission after a first bout of chemo and surgery. She underwent another surgery, a 6 week Temodar chemo treatment simultaneously with a Proton Therapy treatment from April to June 2016. 3 and 6 month MRI's looked good. 9 month, which was last Friday had some spots that may be tumor or may just be radiation damage and the Doc ordered another MRI in 6 weeks to see what changes there are. As much as we would like to think the later, there are some things that have thinking that it's bad. Not to sit around for 6 weeks waiting, we are pulling the trigger on getting some Rick Simpson Oil, medical grade this weekend to get her started on that.

Which brings me why I'm here. We are only getting about 76 grams of RSO at this point, but if anybody knows about the RSO, she is going to need 180 grams to try to not only battle the tumors, but to also try to repair the body as best it can from the damage of the chemo and radiation. I am ready to immediately start growing an indica strain so I can make my own because taking this is going to be a lifelong thing. I am looking for advice to set up a grow tent, some beginner tips to get started and what is a good strain to start with. As regard to the strain, I read a post by 420circuit that, from what I understood from reading, was that he uses a variety of Harlequin, Meltdown, Blueberry and R-14er. I'm guessing he grows all of them and then throws them all together when making the oil. I don't want to get that crazy yet, I just want a good one to start with.

I also wanted to get some advice on setting up a grow tent. This is 100% personal so I don't need to be making a lot, or even a little for that matter. Just enough for a constant supply of oil. My current research has me looking at the following basic setup.
3' x 3' Gorilla Tent - Shorty
SuperPonics 16 grow system
Kind K3 L300 LED Light - Qty 1 to start. Read somewhere that two L300 will have a better footprint.

And that's as about as far as I got, but it gave me a rough estimate that a good startup will cost somewhere between $1150 - $1400 which I'm prepared to spend immediately.

So that's my story, abridged. I welcome any solid advice in advance and I look forward to growing, what I hope is a miracle oil.

K's Warrior

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey people.

First time on this, but have a feeling that I'm going to be on it a bit moving forward. I came here to learn more about growing plants for making Rick Simpson Oil. My wife's brain cancer that went about 13 years in remission after a first bout of chemo and surgery. She underwent another surgery, a 6 week Temodar chemo treatment simultaneously with a Proton Therapy treatment from April to June 2016. 3 and 6 month MRI's looked good. 9 month, which was last Friday had some spots that may be tumor or may just be radiation damage and the Doc ordered another MRI in 6 weeks to see what changes there are. As much as we would like to think the later, there are some things that have thinking that it's bad. Not to sit around for 6 weeks waiting, we are pulling the trigger on getting some Rick Simpson Oil, medical grade this weekend to get her started on that.

Which brings me why I'm here. We are only getting about 76 grams of RSO at this point, but if anybody knows about the RSO, she is going to need 180 grams to try to not only battle the tumors, but to also try to repair the body as best it can from the damage of the chemo and radiation. I am ready to immediately start growing an indica strain so I can make my own because taking this is going to be a lifelong thing. I am looking for advice to set up a grow tent, some beginner tips to get started and what is a good strain to start with. As regard to the strain, I read a post by 420circuit that, from what I understood from reading, was that he uses a variety of Harlequin, Meltdown, Blueberry and R-14er. I'm guessing he grows all of them and then throws them all together when making the oil. I don't want to get that crazy yet, I just want a good one to start with.

I also wanted to get some advice on setting up a grow tent. This is 100% personal so I don't need to be making a lot, or even a little for that matter. Just enough for a constant supply of oil. My current research has me looking at the following basic setup.
3' x 3' Gorilla Tent - Shorty
SuperPonics 16 grow system
Kind K3 L300 LED Light - Qty 1 to start. Read somewhere that two L300 will have a better footprint.

And that's as about as far as I got, but it gave me a rough estimate that a good startup will cost somewhere between $1150 - $1400 which I'm prepared to spend immediately.

So that's my story, abridged. I welcome any solid advice in advance and I look forward to growing, what I hope is a miracle oil.

K's Warrior

My initial advice would be to determine the amount of oil you will need over time.

After that you'll figure rso will only be between %15-%25+ of your total dried harvest weight.

And consider the complete time from seed to harvest it will take each round.

These variables will help you determine weight needed over time.

For example I have a 2x2 space.
Averages 110 days from seed to harvest. Last round I had 4.6 oz (129g) of harvested dried herb.

Now if I turned that into oil I'd get somewhere between 15.5g @ 12% return to 32.25g @25% return.

The return is directly related to the quality & potency of your finished product. So grow it better yield a higher % of extract able oil. Grow it worse yield a lower% of extract able oil.

Once you figure out how much you'll need then you'll decide on the size of grow space/tent you will need to achieve that goal.

Once room is selected the light and exhaust system are matched accordingly.

That's all the advice I got for now

The Terps

The Terps

Hey there condolences but I think you are starting on the wrong side of the equation. And I don't have any cancer experience. But I believe you are after a strain high in cbd not thc.

I see you have an idea of the dose she would need. So I would start by figuring out how much rso you need to produce every 90 days. As you will need around 14 days vegetative growth 60 days flowering period and 14 day dry time.

I am not super familiar with rso techniques and yeilds so I'll leave that to someone who knows what they are talking about. But lets say for sake of discussion 30% yields are obtainable off whole plant extraction techniques(this is a guess and I imagine numbers to be closer to 15-20% but I don't know anything on the subject).

So let's talk growing for a second, I would suggest a 4x4 tent over 3x3 to start, you also don't want a short model as these plants can grow taller than anticipated quickly and once they get to close to the lamp they will get a plant sun burn no good, in fact if your handy with tools even a little I'd build your own out of lumber, get a better product at a cheaper price. Next I'd skip led lighting and try a 315 lec or 400 hps fixture. You will want a carbon filter and 4" inline fan to filter and exchange your air also.

Next I would definitely skip the hydro system for pots filled with either soil or coco, soil can be top dressed with organic dry nutrients and given water only, or watered with the same nutrients as you would use in a hydro or coco system when definiencies arise. Coco however, needs to be fed nutrients every watering like hydroponics and water ph and water ec needs to be monitored every feed(so a ph and ec meter will be needed) where organic soil can be easier to manage as long as your source is a reasonable ph. So typically beginners can be most successful in soil.

Lastly the numbers, with that space and those lights (either 315lec or 400hps) and the rso equation above: with that setup your best case numbers would be about 750-900 grams whole plant dry material.(again this takes 90 days) so at 900 grams and processing all of it into rso at 30% return giving you 270 grams rso on the high side like I mentioned above a more realistic beginner number would be 500 grams dried plant material and most extraction methods yeild 15% give or take so that would yeild you closer to 75 grams rso.

gwheels

gwheels

Actually ricky Simpson oil needs the highest thc strains possible it is old school hash oil properties of the thc prevent cancer cells from growing

Be careful with it though my wife could not take it she would have seizures from the high thc brain cancer socks she lived exactly 14 months just like they said GBM is a monster

I hope she can take the rs oil it is worth a shot

Cbd oil is good for preventing seizures but rs oil is for a different purpose

I love my 4 x 4 tent I think it is the perfect size

I grew all autos my wife liked lemon haze a lot and autos have higher Cbd due to the auto genetics

Good luck with your battle

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

all I can say for fact on this is rso takes lots and lots of plant to get any amount unless u get a nice heat press and still not getting a lot so u going to need to max out as much space as u can

i wish u and your wife the best of luck and blessing to you

icanfarm

icanfarm

All the hope in the world for your wife sir . Depending where you are . Here where I am we donate a large amount of materials me a few other farmers and a couple collective and delivery guy or two . My point being you and your wife should check in with a local dispensary and they may be able to help you locate a groupe such as ours to help .what would worrie me would be the time to set up get it going and then nature takes its time to harvest you might want to check and see if you can secure a dependable supply until you can get a run or twounder your belt ect.... the learning curve can be steep and costly to med grade farming so make sure you can start the Rso and continue it uninterrupted imho

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can offer nothing more that hasn't already been said, though I do wish to offer my support and encouragement. Brain tumors run in my family, and most of our family members grew very old, even if there were some issues like hearing loss from the surgeries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom