New Pheno Hunt

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I am starting this from the very beginning and plan to bring weekly updates at the very least, if not every couple of days. I put 8 seeds into cups of r/o water. 4 of them are cookies'n'cake x Kushmints#11 from Seed junky genetics. The other 4 are Platinum Punch x Blueberry muffins from Cali Culture seeds. Will update when they pop their tap root and I plant them :)
New pheno hunt

cottageman

cottageman

6 days later. 6 have fully sprouted and shucked their seed. One is almost there and I think I broke the other one by accident lol. I'm feeding them with a mixture of clonex, heavy 16 roots, Og biowar brew of their root and foliar pack, and some athena microbes in the tea as well for some kelp and fulvic acid. All diluted with R/o water of course.
IMG 6072
IMG 6073
IMG 6074

cottageman

cottageman

If anyone is wondering, these are the nutes I'm going with this run. I am using the Perfect grower 4 part, Power si for all of my macro and micro nutrients. I might add in swell by cyco as well because I have some but I am not sure yet. For my teas that I will be brewing once a week, I am doing some Alfalfa meal, og biowar root and foliar pack, Aphrodite's extraction and suga rush for all of my sugars and carbs for my plants and microbes, and some biosis by Athena that will boost my everyday feeds and teas.
IMG 6113
IMG 6114

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In the future I’d go straight into paper towel and forgo the 24 hour soak. It’s simple and effective and doesn’t require handling the seeds as much. But that’s me. You’re off to a good start. Kudos.

cottageman

cottageman

In the future I’d go straight into paper towel and forgo the 24 hour soak. It’s simple and effective and doesn’t require handling the seeds as much. But that’s me. You’re off to a good start. Kudos.
Thanks! and yeah you're right, Im just gunna do the paper tower method from the beginning.

cottageman

cottageman

First day of week five since i popped them. They had a bit of a rough transplant to the 6 inch pots, I'm assuming because I did not condition the coco right but they have been in the pots for about 4 days or so and they are bouncing back beautifully. Just a few days ago most of them were yellow and the kush mints were very droopy. All of the new growth looks perfectly green and healthy though. You can see the difference with the old leaves vs the new growth.
IMG 6137
IMG 6136
IMG 6135
IMG 6134

cottageman

cottageman

day 34 from popping the seeds and things are starting to take off. just about a week ago the plants were a bit droopy and yellow, and now couldn't look better. Going to veg for another week or two max and start flowering them finally and weed out the males. I have taken off a few lower leaves from both strains and they already smell! The first 3 pictures are of the Blueberry Muffins and the last 3 pictures are the cookies n cake x Kush Mints #11
DSC03245
DSC03247
DSC03246
DSC03248
DSC03250
DSC03252

cottageman

cottageman

day 14 of flower. 4 girls total. 3 Kush mints cross and one platinum muffins. All are looking pretty good! one Kush mints is a bit shorter than the rest so I propped it up to make an even canopy. Put the trellis up and bent a few of these into position for the lights.
IMG 6308
IMG 6310

cottageman

cottageman

Day 21 and everything is looking pretty good so far. Theres one branch in the middle that got burned from my heater :( The back 2 kush mint crosses are picky feeders but they still look good. My favorite so far is the Platinum muffins so far, last 2 pics are of it stacking and the crystal so far. Every strain already has trichs on some of the fan leaves which is always a good sign! Just finished deleafing and ready for them to swell!
IMG 6318
IMG 6320
IMG 6321
IMG 6322

cottageman

cottageman

Day 34 and things are looking pretty frosty. discovered some thrips about a week ago so I sprayed some plant therapy on the leaves that had them and then got some ladybugs to finish off the job. The last few pics are the platinum muffins and the rest is the kush mints crosses. I thought the platinum would have the most frost and although it has a shit ton, there are 2 kush mints plants that easily beat it. That platinum definitely makes up for it in stacking and terps. I can smell the blueberry already!
DSC03316
DSC03315
DSC03311
DSC03309
DSC03312
DSC03310

cottageman

cottageman

Day 43 and things are still looking real good. The Platinum Muffins and one of the Kush mint crosses looks like they are going to finish in 8 weeks. Those are also probably going to be my keepers. I am lucky that the one platinum muffins that turned female has some of the best qualities I would want. the purple is starting to come in now, the terps are like a pb and blueberry jelly sandwich, and the frost is stacking on. it also looks like it is going to yield the most. My Kush mint keeper is also the one that is finishing in 8 weeks from the looks of it. It has the most dense buds by far, the stacking and structure is great, and its one of the frostiest in the garden. Can't wait to smoke these girls! The first 4 are of the platinum muffins, the rest is the kush mint keeper.
DSC03322
DSC03325
DSC03326
DSC03327
DSC03328
DSC03329
DSC03330

cottageman

cottageman

Day 49, last day of nutes before the final flush and things are finishing up very nicely. The Platinum Muffins has gained a massive amount of purple within the last week, even the leafs are stripped purple and I am not even flushing yet. Everything is coated in crystal and the smells are starting to round off. the platinum Muffins is definitely the best smelling out of the bunch, but the Kush mints crosses all have a mint kush smell that i really like as well, plus every bud is coated in frost and resin. can't wait to finally smoke these! First few pictures are the Platinum muffins frost and stacking and the last few pics are the Kush mints keeper.

DSC03339
DSC03333
DSC03334
DSC03336
DSC03337
DSC03338

cottageman

cottageman

What made you choose these strains cottageman? Looks like you did a super job
Thank you! The Kushmints cross I saw early and I'm a fan of bubba kush so I wanted any strain with that and wedding cake in it since that's seed Junky's bread and butter. This cross wasn't my first pick but the other packs were sold out when I went to buy it haha, definitely don't regret it now!
The Platinum muffins was complete luck. I bought a pack of Dosi-O (dosido x gelato) x (citrus farmer f2) from Green Gold collective and they gave me a free pack of any muffins cross they had, so I picked the Platinum Punch specifically for the Platinum's mold resistance and fast finishing times.

cottageman

cottageman

Test nug for the Platinum Muffins, no flash just an amazing looking strain(despite the piece of my hair in it lol). I can not wait to see how this smokes. The entire plant is coming down in a day or two!
DSC03342
DSC03343
DSC03347
DSC03346

Top Bottom