New Proposed Laws To Be Voted On This Thursday

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/legal_marijuana_in_massachuset.html

The bill basically increasing the tax to 28% from 12%, seeks to put in place strict limits on advertising and marketing marijuana products, and allows Massachusetts cities and towns to block aspects of the marijuana law through a vote of the city council and approval of the city or town's chief executive, like a mayor or town manager, rather than the referendum process laid out in the voter-approved law.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

this is good and bad, mostly bad... if you're a black market dealer, it opens up more opportunities. other than that, the rest is bad...

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

Bullshit, we voted, we won, who the fuck are the towns, mayors, etc. to decide what part of the law they will abide by..... whatever i just wanna grow my own shit so I dont have to pay for it.

SEgrowing

SEgrowing

total bullshit but as long as they dont change the rules for growing i dont really care... if anything they should be upping the amount of plants we can grow!!! it is 12 per household now though, right?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

total bullshit but as long as they dont change the rules for growing i dont really care... if anything they should be upping the amount of plants we can grow!!! it is 12 per household now though, right?

I'm with you, I really care that much about those changes as I believe they don't effect me. The rule is 6 per adult, 12 max per household. I don't think they specify what "a plant" means, I might have to go re-read the law.

SEgrowing

SEgrowing

yeah I was wondering about that as well- does it mean 12 flowering plants or 12 total- if theyre not flowering and not yet actually producing thc it seems like they shouldnt count towards the 12

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Here we go business as usual. Burn your cards and trade!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yeah I was wondering about that as well- does it mean 12 flowering plants or 12 total- if theyre not flowering and not yet actually producing thc it seems like they shouldnt count towards the 12

I just re-read the law, it doesn't specify what a plant is so you have to assume that plants mean: clones, seedlings, non-flowering, flowering...

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I just re-read the law, it doesn't specify what a plant is so you have to assume that plants mean: clones, seedlings, non-flowering, flowering...
It's safe to assume that it is whatever Burns you out of the most money. Legalized criminals.:(

C

CannaCurious

MA is one of the most corrupt and hardest markets to enter. My friend Micheal is one of the top medical guys there for advocacy and policy. Its really sad that the Gov there undermines its voters and rewrites the laws that the people voted on. This is a positive note to almost all the black market dealers as Boston is a huge market, and the more they do things like this the more there will remain the underground brands that seem to dominate the market already anyways. Have not seen much good flower coming out of the legal facilities, but some of the locals really throw down. I was surprised to find better shatters there then I could locate here, but they didn't know what sauce(live-resin sauce) was, most at the secret sesh in RI scoffed at it because of consistency, now they all are begging for it.... Too bad you have better odds of getting struck by lightning then to get a permit in MA... .

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yeah, Mass sucks when it comes to these things. From what I heard, 35 dispensary permits when out. More than half the permits went to people, political friends, and so on that have no intension of actually using the permits. The other half are having a hard time getting going with the exception of a few.

I don't really care, I'm not growing for the dispensaries, I'm growing for myself and my wife and a few friends that need it. I have a "friend-of-a-friend" that is going through Chemo, I'm hoping it's helping... helping people is all I really care about.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

MEDICINE !!!!

IMG 20170706 215346

Latest posts

Top Bottom