New Rdwc System Up And Running.

• Thread starter WestbyGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Finally got my RDWC up an running. Filled with water for a final test and sprung a leak. Turned out a bucket had cracked at the bulkhead fitting, so had to replace with new bucket. All up and running now. Currently in Veg. My solution is doing good, except maybe temp. I did not have any temp. rise in reservoir when running without lights. Seems black buckets absorb heat.

First time running RDWC, any tips, tricks, or advice welcome.

E.C. .7
PH 5.8
Res. Temp. 65-70

New rdwc system up and running
The Jewels

The Jewels

Looks niice .

Crack'd a flat bucket ?
That is just bad luck - I always scratch my head when I see folks put'n square bulkheads in round holes.

What kind of temp issues are you seeing ?

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Reservoir temp is going up to 70 deg. when lights are on. I thought that may be a little hot.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Ok, I am used to running between 60 and 65 degrees. Worried 70 might cause some problems.

The Jewels

The Jewels

I noticed your res was inside the tent.
Perhaps a non-issue at the moment, but, assuming the ambient temp. is cooler outside the tent , one could re-plumb the res to live outside.

Nugg

Nugg

They make like a foil bubble wrap...wrap tanks..put res.outside..and I can't say this enough..don't run peroxide or sd90 stuff...run something like hydro guard..imo..and maybe move tanks close together about a foot..but looks good.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

+1 hydroguard and your temp is fine. But yeah you might use reflective tape on them or something. Being in a reflective tent you may need to wrap the whole bucket, maybe not if your venting the tent good.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Using two at a time right now. I am going to wrap buckets. Hopefully that will take care of any issue. Grow is in a basement, ambient temp is 62 now, but will rise to 65 this summer. Figured I should get ahead of the game, instead of fighting fires.
Just an example..room temperature will keep buckets at that temperature..or use frozen water bottles when things get warm...

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Think I am going to try a different approach to my reservoir temp control. Instead of being a slave to frozen water bottles, I am going to pump my water through a whart chiller I have from my beer brewing days.

I think if I pump my water out of the tent through a copper chiller, submerged in water, and back into the tent, I should lose a few degrees in heat transference. Room temp. outside my tent stays around 60, will get a few degrees higher in summer.

Anyone see any problems with this?

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Think I am going to try a different approach to my reservoir temp control. Instead of being a slave to frozen water bottles, I am going to pump my water through a whart chiller I have from my beer brewing days.

I think if I pump my water out of the tent through a copper chiller, submerged in water, and back into the tent, I should lose a few degrees in heat transference. Room temp. outside my tent stays around 60, will get a few degrees higher in summer.

I thought about doing that also but never did. Just running hydroguard in my system no problems. Think highest res temp I’ve had was 80.

Nugg

Nugg

When I started I beat my jehe against the wall trying to fight the temps...I used 24 water bottles on rotation....f that...a chiller is nice but expensive..keep cost down...meangreen is right about the hydro guard and the temps..its night and day difference running that stuff,that's all I run, besides super thrive..no root issue,I have plenty of air, so lack of d.o.isnt a issue...but still when I build my grow house..I have a control room that has a ac until that keeps that room at 68° or colder in winter.lol..i have my tanks, monitors,timers,air pumps,ect.in there with doors to grow rooms..FYI...with led lights run your room temps up 80-85..not like hps..fwiw.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

That should work. I designed a cooling system out of an old radiator for my NFT system.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Also keep your air pump outside the tent in that cool air your talking about outside the tent!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Copper is a no go. It will react with the nutrients.

Latest posts

Top Bottom