New RDWC (Under Current) build

• Thread starter Tstat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

hit them with cal-mag (use 1/3 recommended to start) and use a foliar spray like Magic Green from H&G or Canna Rhizotonic, your plants will thank you.

Move your air pump above the water line. If the power goes off you will thank me.

Slime, your not running a chiller right, go get some Dutch Master Zone and use it on the strong mix for the first 10 days than move down to medium strength. I swear by H2O2 but when your fighting slime the Zone works quicker and lasts longer than H2O2. As H2O2 is an oxydiser and is consumed very quickly when you have a problem like slime. You need to up the mix with H2O2 to really do the job. Zone is cheap and works very well as a killer and preventative additive.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Zone is chloramines, just like what's used in municipal water supplies. Get your RDWC temps below 66 if you want to run a live system.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

dizzle one two punch for the win,(btw, i have had good luck at half what dizzle said to use on physan 20)... looking great

BNB420

BNB420

Wow, so this thing kicked my ass all day. It went together just fine and started leaking like a bastard. Every time I stopped one leak, another popped up. I got it down to a slow trickle right now, but WTF?

I'm using bulkheads. I had to go buy a pipe wrench to tighten them up. It worked on some, others are still dripping. Anybody have any suggestions?

Now I know why so many people say to just buy a system!
I used PVF tape on all my connections as well as gluing them together and silicone round the outside of buckets.Seemed to work ok. Also i think the rusty stuff on your leaves may be a calcium deficiency. As woodsmaneh says, Calmag should do the trick.I had the same problem recently

Last edited:
J

jimmellow

I used PVF tape on all my connections as well as gluing them together and silicone round the outside of buckets.Seemed to work ok. Also i think the rusty stuff on your leaves may be a calcium deficiency. As woodsmaneh says, Calmag should do the trick.I had the same problem recently
I have been reading as much as possible about the under current deep water culture systems I plan on building one but buying the 13 gallon buckets and other parts from Under Current. My question is What kind of yields do you guys get off each plant running one of these systems.

Top Bottom