New Test Ex Gens "Kamikaze"

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got my pack of a new test strain from the folks at Exotic Genetics. Thank you Ex for having faith in my abilities. I am truly honored to have been taken in as part of your clan. I will do the best to do your handiwork justice.

"Kamikaze" is "After Life OG" x "Flight"

Parentage of "After Life" Mom is Ghostrider Pops is Starfighter F2 TA

Parentage of "Flight" I believe to be and Ex correct me if I am wrong,

Mom is "The Flav" Pops is " Starfighter"

Beans just went into Ph balanced water and will stay for 24 hours then into moist paper towels till popped.

I am stepping away from ebb n Flo hydro on this run and will be going organic soil/nutes to bring out the flavors and terpene profile more. I will keep a journal from start to Smoke Report.

This should be one gnarly ass strain. I believe I am the first to have a hand at this mix. Your good vibes and well wishes are appreciated. Much love to all. Peace

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Going to follow this thread. Ex is a great guy, just got some of his shit in recently. Look forward to working with his gear now and in the future. Good luck!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man. You wont be disappointed with his gear. Frosty killer strains. Good luck with those beans also.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Love that handle MakinGoo Just a dab will do ya!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Kamikaze's beans went into shot glass 2-pm on Saturday. Went into moist paper towels on Sunday at 2-pm

I got home from work today at 5 -pm and I was stunned!!!! All 14 beans popped. 4 of them were at least an inch long, the others had cracked their shell and had tap root exposed. Hey Ex what are you doing? Sprinklin magic fairy dust on your gear!!! LOL. Hope it is the frosty dust :) Just kidding, I know anything coming out of your camp gets nothing but love and props to the master!!!

Must be a prelude for the show to come. Wouldn't it be a hoot if every bean was a gurl. Now that would definitely get my attention. Thanks for the PNW karma you guys are sending. Will post picks when they break soil. New home is red solo cups for a 30 day veg under T-5 floros week 1. Then 600 w halides for the balance of veg then under 2000 w of HPS for bloom.

Peace and love to all my brutha's and sista's in the PNW. Now off to sample a early cure on that Pink Lady. Man I'm stoked.

Thanks again to Ex and the gang at Exotic Genetics, you guys just flat ass rock.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry folks I meant 400 w MH for the blanace of the veg stage.

Will be using canna nutes full line both veg n flower with supps being Grotects Prosilica and CaliMag. Oh and some bad ass Vermilove organic worm castings for soil conditioner.

Got home today and 3 had broke dirt and are starting their upward journey. Will post picks when they all break ground. I'm told by Ex that there are a mixed bag of potential phenos and I will do the best I can to track and describe all of the variations.

More later this weekend. Never had a more viable set of seeds. Especially with the robust growth right out of the chute. Good omen for things to come. :)

Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Wassup all ? All but 1 seedling has popped up thru the dirt. 1 is lagging and I suspect that I may have damaged its tail when I was puttn em in the solo cups. I wont throw it out for at least another week to be sure it isnt gonna make it.

For the purpose of this journal it is fair to mention that the one that might not survive is a strain that isnt really part of this journal. Every bean from ExGen popped and has broken dirt. 100% germ rate on 14 beans. The other 3-4 are some Satori I have been wanting to try out.
DSCN4468

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well its been 1 week since the Kamikaze strain went into solo cups under T-5s for hardening and getting ready to finish veg under 600 w MH. They will go to the bloom room under 1000 w HPS after about a 30 day veg cycle.

Soil is FFOF with a cut of Light Warrior to ward off nute burn as I have found FFOF to be a little on the hot side. Will transplant this week into 4 gall pots with some Great White for critters and will use some Vermilove work castings to get them on their way.

This is the only nute regimen for the veg cycle they will get. Good growth showing for the 1st week. All look very healthy. I don't anticipate any probs. Fingers crossed :)

The images show the top left corner are some Satori I am checking out. The 14 others all popped and are the Kamikaze strain from the crew at ExGen. Thanks Ex for hooking me up. Will update pics after they move into their permanent
DSCN4475
DSCN4473
DSCN4474
DSCN4473
DSCN4474
home.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Awesome u got a head start ... will be popping these gems also.. will learn from u..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ex and my beloved farmer family, thank you for the good vibes. You folks all rock. Ha Ha Medusa learn from me,? I am in awe of some of your work. I am learnin from you Darlin!!! Actually have picked up a lot of knowledge from this entire group. Again, looks like we are off to a good start with this run. Just tryin to keep it tight in AZ.

Peace

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ex and my beloved farmer family, thank you for the good vibes. You folks all rock. Ha Ha Medusa learn from me,? I am in awe of some of your work. I am learnin from you Darlin!!! Actually have picked up a lot of knowledge from this entire group. Again, looks like we are off to a good start with this run. Just tryin to keep it tight in AZ.

Peace
Looking fantastic !! What kinda light are they under?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
T-5 vho's 6 bulb lamp. Then off to 600 W MH to finish veg and bloom under 2 - 1000W HPS to finish.

Hey how do I add folks as a friend?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I vegged them in solo cups for 40 days, just to the point of root bound. I have a dear friend from the Ozarks who has been distillin shine and growing weed for about 40 years. He claims that due to long winters and uncertain springs for planting that leaving them to the point of root bound really unleashes explosive growth after repotting. Sounded reasonable to me so decided to give it a shot. He swears that letting them get close to root bound really does something to the balance of the veg cycle when repotted.

They potted up to 4 gallon pots with Mycho and FFOF. Will be using nothing but worm casting tea and silica for the balance of veg. I think I will let them get accustomed to their new homes and let them go another 10-15 days before flip to 12/12. They are currently basking under 2-1000 w MH for the balance of veg. Then HPS for bloom.

Sure wish I had some experience with this cut as I don't know what these babies prefer for pruning being, super cropping, fimming, topping or just leaving them alone. I think I will experiment and try something different with each to see how they respond and record for future knowledge base. They will get C02 enrichment with a controller at approx 1200 ppm for the balance of their life cycle.

All 14 are looking very healthy, There are also 4 Mandala "Satori" in this run, They are the 4 closest to the doorway. and oh some black krim heirloom tomatoes. Gotta love a good buzz and some heirlooms with basil and mozzarella with balsamic vinegar.

Again, would like to thank Ex for setting me up with what looks like a good start on another great run from ExGen.

I will post more picks at flip and then off and on during sexing and flowering. Peace

DSCN4476
DSCN4477
DSCN4478
DSCN4476
DSCN4477
DSCN4478
DSCN4479
DSCN4480
DSCN4481
DSCN4482
DSCN4483
DSCN4484