New Test Ex Gens "Kamikaze"

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry guys and gals for taking so long for an update. Life just sometimes gets in the way.......

The girls are coming along great. Out of 14 popped beans I had to cull 5 males from the herd.

They are 3 weeks into bloom, I went a little longer on the veg this time. Vegged for 40 something days.

I have been feeding Canna Boost 1/2 strength as a foliar application. Using Calimag as I use RO water. I am supping with Grotek Pro Silica and this week only will feed some Canna pk 13/14

Bud site are developing well and cant wait till they start throwing on some weight. Lighting is currently 2- 1000w MH and this week will switch over to 2-1000 w HPS for the finish of bloom.

Leaf margins are already starting to show some frost and the smell is coming on smoothly.

I will update when the gals start throwing on some volume at the bud sites.

DSCN4505
DSCN4490
DSCN4491
DSCN4492
DSCN4493
DSCN4494
DSCN4495
DSCN4496
DSCN4497
DSCN4498
DSCN4499
DSCN4500
DSCN4501
DSCN4502
DSCN4503
DSCN4504
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey all.... Been 13 days since last update. As you can see the ladies are starting to fatten up. Def some sativa leaners in this run. Also the indica parentage is showing up in the shorter more stocky gals. The one pic is of one of the shorter gals. Fimmed her proper and she got 4 main colas. Shes not going to be a heavy weight as far as yield but she sure is pretty. Well I shouldn't say that as in not knowing what the flower times are for this strain she may pack on heavy buds but I'm certain she is done stretching.

The taller gals are exhibiting a sativa side and are frosting up nicely. These gals are throwing down an inch a day the 12/12 stretch is ongoing with these gals. The buds are thickening and filling out nicely.

Temps are controlled at 79 deg using C02 still at approx 1000 ppm. Watered with RO water supped with Prosilicate and Beasty Bloomz with some CaliMag for the mineral loss in the RO water. I err on the side of less is better and typically use about 50% of what the mfgrs call out. I am going to switch to HPS at a total of 2000w.

Oh my heirloom maters are coming along nicely too. My grandma gave me her green thumb and would be proud of passing it on. Dang now that I think back she was the one to bail me out of jail on my 1st pot possession back in the 70,s Gott love Grandma's. And happy Mothers Day to all you Moms out there today.

Peace out.

DSCN4522
DSCN4523
DSCN4524
DSCN4525
DSCN4526
DSCN4527
DSCN4528
DSCN4529
DSCN4530
DSCN4531
DSCN4532
DSCN4533
Fimmed 4 main colas
DSCN4506
DSCN4507
DSCN4508
DSCN4509
DSCN4510
DSCN4511
DSCN4512
ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
Excellent display!!! Your test grows truly impress me my friend :)

Good vibes~~

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the props. Look forward to seeing you in Seattle this fall!!!

Remember it all is about the genetics and you got that #### down dude.

Heres a couple of bud shots from today. Frosting up very nice. See that Starfighter coming on.

DSCN4536
DSCN4534
DSCN4535
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Girls are frosting and coloring up nicely. Having never worked this strain before I am going to have to go by trichs to determine when ripe. As frosty as they are coming up, in looking with a loupe the trichs are not fully extended and there is no sign of amber or milky glands. I'm willing to bet there is another week or so to go and that's probably conservative. I like to go with a saying of Ed Rosenthal. And I quote " Pick no bud before it's time" LOL.

I am actually enjoying the mystery of how much more the gurls are going to throw on some weight and see what the end product will look and taste like. I'm sure I am playing with fire cause it has the PNW oddooo on it. :)

Real pleased with this cut thus far. Haven't been heavy feeders for nutes anyway but they are thirsty as hell. Then again its pretty dang dry in this arid land. Sure miss living in WA. Sniffle sniffle......

Ex you are one unbelievable dude with the right touch. Your love shows thru in what you help create. Keep fighting the good fight Peace
DSCN4543
DSCN4537
DSCN4538
DSCN4539
DSCN4540
DSCN4541
DSCN4543
DSCN4537
DSCN4538
DSCN4539
DSCN4540
DSCN4541
DSCN4542

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Looking tasty man! Especially that pheno in the 4th pic you posted. What week are these beauts in? How's the resin smelling so far?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking tasty man! Especially that pheno in the 4th pic you posted. What week are these beauts in? How's the resin smelling so far?

They were flipped on 3/31..... So the pics were taken on the 21st may. that would be 51 days. As I haven't worked this strain before there is no telling how long ripening is. I am going by trich development to determine. Today is day 55 and the heads of the trichs look like they are still just partially filled. Ya know like not fully erect lol. No hint of cloudiness or amber.

I'm going to guess they may be ready in 10-14 days. But again, it is anyone's guess at this point.

The terps are coming on with a citrus fruity overtone and some earthy muskiness if that makes any sense. Never have been good at terp description. But the smell is very pleasant and on the strong side. I definitely had to fire up the carbon filter on this cut.

Ya I am with you I like pheno # 4 and # 2 for its color. They are both of the sativa leaners and are shaping up nicely. Good branch structure and the bud sites are just starting to swell up.

Based on the parent line what do you think I am looking at as far as bloom time frames. If you get it right I will send you a pack of some mystery bag seed for the grand prize. parent line I'm told is "Kamikaze" is "After Life OG" x "Flight"

Parentage of "After Life" Mom is Ghostrider Pops is Starfighter F2 TA

Parentage of "Flight" I believe to be and Ex correct me if I am wrong,

Mom is "The Flav" Pops is " Starfighter"

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, new strains are definitely more of a "play it by ear" type of thing but my guess would be at least 9-10 weeks. Every pheno I've gotten out of my exotic strains has been mostly indica and the packaging suggests 50-56 days. However, I've run everything at least to 9 weeks without a tapering off of the ripe glands, so my guess would be 10 weeks or somewhere near day 70. In another of the Ex Gen logs someone's (sativa dom) Bullrider x starfighter easily went 10 weeks- thats what I'd base my guess on.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey in your CTHA & PP 2.0 journal you shared that your using Black Gold soil. Where are you picking that stuff up? I cant find any suppliers in my area. No worries either way I think I can order direct from the mfgr.

Do you know if Home Depot or Lowes carry it?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I pick the black gold up off of amazon, I'm sure it's cheaper at a local store but I just haven't seen this stuff at any hydro spots or gardening centers. It's a bit on the pricey side but its been giving me better results than I've ever had before. Look for the "Natural and Organic" mix. I've been experimenting on the ratios but been running 1 part black gold, 2 parts roots organics and some extra perlite for drainage- its been working excellent. I'm not sure at the moment, but I think that I read in one of Waayne's threads that he uses up to 1 to 1 ratio on the black gold to roots organic. It works awesome... I haven't phed or checked ppms since I started this soil mix and tea regiment and have not had any problems for almost a year now

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice. I appreciate you sharing that with me. Will def be trying your mix on the next run. You are turning out some beautiful flowers.

Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey sparkles wassup :) I still aspire to grow like you. Hope all is well with you and yours. Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom