New To Cooking

• Thread starter Reid77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reid77

Reid77

Just wondering if you let your leaf and bottom buds dry before using for baking or use it fresh?

xinobyte

xinobyte

From what I've read you don't need to dry anything if you're gonna decarb before making edibles.

Personally I let them dry and grind everything before decarboxylating to avoid making multiple batches.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Yeah it’s much easier to grind dry weed lol unless you have a robot doing it for you. If you’re in a rush I don’t see why it wouldn’t work though. Might taste a little worse?

W

Wrathoftejus

Im gonna go ahead and recommend everyone dry before decarbing and using. Dryed and decarbed buds and fresh decarbed buds out of a nova decarboxylator are nowhere near the same thing imho.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Dry it, you can fast dry them as it’s not going to be for smoke
I usually go 45 mins in the oven at 220f for decarb, covered and sealed with foil, then 15 mins at 240f uncovered. Have had good success making edibles and salves with lower weed/ old weed and shake/trim.

W

Wrathoftejus

Dry it, you can fast dry them as it’s not going to be for smoke
I usually go 45 mins in the oven at 220f for decarb, covered and sealed with foil, then 15 mins at 240f uncovered. Have had good success making edibles and salves with lower weed/ old weed and shake/trim.

So far i have only really used machine trim and after drying and decarbing i can make some edibles that will leave you with minor closed eye visuals

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Fresh material equals more chlorophyll content equals rank flavors. Dry it first. Break it all up over your favorite dry sift screen to collect kief then decarb for cooking material.

Latest posts

Top Bottom