New To Dwc - Plants Look Like They Are Dying

• Thread starter aid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aid

quick question

first time rdwc as only grew in soil

ive got 4 25 lite buckets , filled to just above net pots - 2 are rooted into the water 2 aint
also ppm is around 450 ph is around 5.9
room temp abit high but changed light to 400w was 600w so lowered temp down

all 4 clones are now yellowing curling down so wondering if all is lost or normal for first week.

New to dwc   plants look like they are dying
New to dwc   plants look like they are dying 2

any advise would be much appretiated.

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

Hdxhhx is experienced with DWC but Do you Have an airstone? The yellow leads me to believe you need to start supplementing that CAMG, do you feed? 450 seems a bit low for heir size. Although I'm in coco, that size I'm at 650+ ppm, they also look droopy, is your water system automated?

Reactions: aid
A

aid

yh ive just started using vitalink grow a + b and calmag into the water reason why ive left ppm at 450 as thought not to put too much in as never done dwc was just water for 3 days as thought id let it root into water first also each bucket has own airstone in and system is automated

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

I started mine at 650, but your approach makes perfect sense. I always felt like 450 is only good for cloning but once your well rooted then it's gotta increase. Mine looked similar for the first day or two then bounced back. I'll post a pic when lights go on at 6pm. I usually only get clones that I pulled a little early from the domes that exhibit this same behavior. How are your roots looking, good, epic, or needs improvement? Lol

IMG 6120
A

aid

Roots definitely need improvement in mine only 2 have rooted into the water other 2 have not ... got rockwool cubes ontop of layer of clay pebbles so roots can still touch the water but nothing is happening and been nearly a week

Top Bottom