New To Growing And Need Help Getting Started

• Thread starter Optimus1979
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Optimus1979

Optimus1979

Oregon?
I thought herb was everywhere in Oregon.

I'm going to disagree with all the above advise and suggest you get started as soon as possible.
If you can find keeper clones, get ones that are big and healthy and put them directly under 12/12 light/dark.
It's the dark that needs to be as close to perfect as you can get.
I contend that until you isolate an environment and run it under operational conditions, you will not know what needs tuning. Monitor your max min temps and relative humidity (cheep meters are available) and do what is needed to bring it to heal.

Come back with pictures and deal with the details as part of the learning curve. And there is quite a learning curve.

The reason I say this is that plants grow slow.
You will have plenty of time to fuss over them, and will likely do more harm from over watering, fertilizing, pruning etc.

Otherwise, I agree with all the advise you have thus far generated.
Always helpful and kind spirited help from the farm.
Thank you so much for you help !

G gnome

G gnome

Oregon?

I'm going to disagree with all the above advise and suggest you get started as soon as possible.
If you can find keeper clones, get ones that are big and healthy and put them directly under 12/12 light/dark.
I contend that until you isolate an environment and run it under operational conditions, you will not know what needs tuning. Monitor your max min temps and relative humidity (cheep meters are available) and do what is needed to bring it to heal.

Come back with pictures and deal with the details as part of the learning curve. And there is quite a learning curve.

You will have plenty of time to fuss over them, and will likely do more harm from over watering, fertilizing, pruning etc.

I agree. Jump in w both feet and fake it till u make it!!!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oregon?

Nice.

Yup, yup. Dive in you'll figure it out.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Welcome to the farm....
Get you a led and a. 3X3 tent.
4" fan and carbon filter....
Buy a bag of ffof soil
And a bag of earth worm casting,
Molasses, which u can make tea out of for weekly feeding...

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Optimus1979

Optimus1979

You're welcome. I think you've got the potential of being a great grower. I'm really interested in your experience. Eventually I hope to try my hand at an indoor crop.
I really appreciate that compliment! I have a feeling this is going to be an excellent experience for me. I can't wait to pull my gf into this. She's going to love it. We both love to garden as is, so this will be fun.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just thought of something. If you're going to be growing in soil, it would be good to get started feeding your biologicals in live soil. Mixing your soils and adding predatory nematodes, sugars, and fish emulsion. Even earthworms if in a large enough pot and you're running all organics. If going organic you need to look at acidity, pearlite, peet, sand, expanded clay, biologicals, etc...

Look into threads on preventative pest control and start adding things to an Amazon wish list so they're quick to find when you need to order them, and you're not suprized by prices at inopportune times.

Decide what line of nutrients is best suited for a beginner. Maybe with ph buffers. Get your tea brewing kit if you don't have one already. It will save you a fortune in nutrients. And bubbling premade nutes airates them for an even greater impact.

There's lots of stuff to do if you have a general plan already. Heres a set of soils and expanded clay I used for an organic start. Not sure if being indoor would change the mix. Don't know indoor.

20170829 075426

Latest posts

Top Bottom