New To The Forum World

• Thread starter DankDabs420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DankDabs420

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a while, but decided it was finally time to get involved and say hi!

As you can all probably tell from my username, I'm intrigued by the various methods of extraction and look forward to learning even more from the community! I've only tried BHO extraction so far, but after hours of research I'm considering a QWET for my next run. Any tips or recommendations?

D

DankDabs420

im a noob, just trying to get my first grow under my belt. i plan on screwing around with rosin.

chris.
I'm in a similar boat lol. I'd love to press some rosin! But I refuse to use a hair straightener and a decent press isn't cheap, so the solvent based extraction methods seem to be a more cost effective option for now.

D

DankDabs420

With rosin, your yields will greatly reduce vs say bho, qwet or qwiso. I did the rosin route, sold my press, plates, everything.
Interesting to hear about first hand experience. Were you just pressing flowers? Because from what I've seen on the internet, pressing dry sift produces a similar yield to a solvent based extraction. But now that you've sold the press, what's your favorite method?

There are a few threads
Yeah, I've noticed that there is quite a bit of information available and I've thoroughly researched it. I was more hoping for hints and tips from people who have mastered the method, as I don't want to waste anything. There is one QWET method that I have seen on YouTube, where he evaporates the solvent with cool air, which I am considering giving a try.

D

DankDabs420

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/iso-everclear-slab-no-butane.78135/

Theres instructions on the first and last page for heat and somewhere in the circus is cold air evap and germ mat evaps
Thanks for that link, GT21!

I've spent the last half an hour reading the posts and didn't even make it half way through the thread haha. But I will keep reading through it all and let you know how I go with my extraction! As for the evaporation method, other than the extended time and higher chance of contaminants, is there any reason you prefer heated evap over cool air?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for that link, GT21!

I've spent the last half an hour reading the posts and didn't even make it half way through the thread haha. But I will keep reading through it all and let you know how I go with my extraction! As for the evaporation method, other than the extended time and higher chance of contaminants, is there any reason you prefer heated evap over cool air?
Its just quicker.... hits taste good with heated or room temp evaps

D

DankDabs420

Its just quicker.... hits taste good with heated or room temp evaps
What's your opinion on the heated evap affecting the terpenes and therefore, affecting the flavour? I've read some people stating that cool air evap makes the end product much more flavorful. Is there any truth behind that?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What's your opinion on the heated evap affecting the terpenes and therefore, affecting the flavour? I've read some people stating that cool air evap makes the end product much more flavorful. Is there any truth behind that?
Even with low heat youre good to go... there is a certain point when the material gets hot and you lose flavor... you over cooked it... if you have a buffer(thick glass, water, some do sand) then you have less chance of burning your stuff. I have tried dabs out of expensive vacs and it can be ruined even with the expensive equipment. Keep your temps low in rinsing. .work fast.. then keep your temp low in cook.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@DankDabs420

Sorry, but your not getting all the rosin when pressing. I've pressed well over hp of flower, oz and oz of dry ice kief, bubble. Same low returns.used well over 500 baggies and 10 rolls of parchment paper.

Bho/co2
Then qwiso and qwet
Rosin

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@DankDabs420

Sorry, but your not getting all the rosin when pressing. I've pressed well over hp of flower, oz and oz of dry ice kief, bubble. Same low returns.used well over 500 baggies and 10 rolls of parchment paper.

Bho/co2
Then qwiso and qwet
Rosin
Hahaha thats the fun part about squeezing bud.... the million pieces of parchment paper you have everywhere hahaha

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

With rosin, your yields will greatly reduce vs say bho, qwet or qwiso. I did the rosin route, sold my press, plates, everything.
I can't get my rosin to taste good DT.which extraction method would u say in your experience gives superior quality product?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Ah youv already answered that question.so I'm right.my bho is supposed to b better than my rosin.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ah youv already answered that question.so I'm right.my bho is supposed to b better than my rosin.
A solventless method is always the most organic.... but it dont matter what method you use... some get good results. .. some get garbage.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

A solventless method is always the most organic.... but it dont matter what method you use... some get good results. .. some get garbage.
Iv been told your end product will only be as good as your starting material.if it's crap as will the outcome.fire in fire out is the saying I heard.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Iv been told your end product will only be as good as your starting material.if it's crap as will the outcome.fire in fire out is the saying I heard.
Idk... i have gotten pretty ripped making dabs out of old ass outdoor weed. The time you rinse (how much chlorophyll you pull) and your cook temp(dont burn up the terps) ...those 2 factors are huge in end product. Well that and your filter method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom