New To This But Loving It

• Thread starter NewToThis87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Cmon man lol. Had to post this. Coco coir clones under only 2×45w CFLs and lots of room for potential. They're on a 16/8 light schedule and IMO they're doing superbly but I'm not stepping out any boundaries here.
Yeah they good but like me @heisenbubble and others have said, it's best not to use a fixed fixture like that. Home depot shop lights with reflector and squeeze clamp or flexible desk lamp would be better so you can get up in there and hit it from different angles.

brazel

brazel

That's good. I was taught to keep the cfls away while I was using a whole boat load at once. And I mean awaaaaaaay(like 1-2ft.) while young plants are starting to take root. But I never kept the lights that far away ever. I mean... they're cfls lol.

But apparently, sprouts don't need much to get their roots going. Just keep the heat off them anyway you can.

And to due credit. These were set to flower under a LED in my tent but its occupied(bad planning) so I have no choice but to complete the grow where they sit. I recently added two more 32w bulbs and I will keep adding more :) GL with yours fellow CFL user.
Your lights are too far, see the stretch in them. Put them close close close use an oscillating fan between to talk to your plants and your lights to dissipate the Heat. that much stretch is not ideal with cfl

brazel

brazel

Heyy Brazel buddy it has nothing to do with the last topic in this post but ur the only one with real help, am facing some problems with my babies, any advise would be appriciated, the tips of the leaves are turning a little bit yellow or is that ok.

Please check the pics attached View attachment 750788 View attachment 750792
You're gonna have to tell me everything, age since sprouted, what grow media, what are you feeding them, how much and often? How far are your lights?

N

NewToThis87

You're gonna have to tell me everything, age since sprouted, what grow media, what are you feeding them, how much and often? How far are your lights?
Screenshot 20171020 191305

Hey Brazel i am growing in potting soil, the best i found here i will attach below, am not feeding them yet, should i? and the lights are 5inch far on average with 18-6 hours now, after 10 days of 21-3. now my babies ages after sprout varies between 2 weeks and 10 days

N

NewToThis87

Yeah feed them.
How often you water
I used to water alot now i try to water every other day or so just when i feel it started getting dry and u think i should start feeding? I will start from tom then

brazel

brazel

I used to water alot now i try to water every other day or so just when i feel it started getting dry and u think i should start feeding? I will start from tom then
yeah one milliliter per gallon if you can get chlorine and chloramine free water

brazel

brazel

Go to the grocery store and buy a couple fresh coconuts raw out of the produce section if you can't find those then get a bottle of coconut water and make sure it's not from concentrate and feed them that

N

NewToThis87

yeah one milliliter per gallon if you can get chlorine and chloramine free water

Will do buddy tomorrow and after that coconut water next time, they are becoming greener after i slowed down on watering

N

NewToThis87

Go to the grocery store and buy a couple fresh coconuts raw out of the produce section if you can't find those then get a bottle of coconut water and make sure it's not from concentrate and feed them that

Hey Brazel, did some of your tips and my babies lookin yellow but are they healing?? What do you think and if no whats the problem?

The rest of my babies are doing fine! Tha
Screenshot 20171023 010134
Screenshot 20171023 010114
Screenshot 20171023 010124
nk God

brazel

brazel

You used coconut water? Get some kelp meal. What size pots and how much you watering? Focus on new growth. Middle and bottom pic, tips are turning yellow.
Lots of possible reasons. What's your ph?
What kind of lights and watts?
Not dry not drenched, moist is what you want.

N

NewToThis87

You used coconut water? Get some kelp meal. What size pots and how much you watering? Focus on new growth. Middle and bottom pic, tips are turning yellow.
Lots of possible reasons. What's your ph?
What kind of lights and watts?
Not dry not drenched, moist is what you want.

Didnt use the coconut water yet, growing in small .7 gallon for now to be transplanted to 3 gal and going all cfl for now using 650 watt for 5 plants and i will add more 2700k on flowering, my PH is around 6.4 and the temperature is 75 with 60% humidity on average and am watering every 2-3 days now

brazel

brazel

Didnt use the coconut water yet, growing in small .7 gallon for now to be transplanted to 3 gal and going all cfl for now using 650 watt for 5 plants and i will add more 2700k on flowering, my PH is around 6.4 and the temperature is 75 with 60% humidity on average and am watering every 2-3 days now
Get that coconut water in there it's full of so many good minerals and growth hormones and order some kelp meal look for organic kelp meal is unbelievably badass

N

NewToThis87

Get that coconut water in there it's full of so many good minerals and growth hormones and order some kelp meal look for organic kelp meal is unbelievably badass

Will do tomorrow! Some people say to use some molasses, what do you think?

brazel

brazel

Ask them why do I want to use molasses?
In fact when anyone suggests you use something, ask them why.
If the answer is something like... my plants love it, the buds got way huge, the plant took off like a rocket... etc. Then just enjoi the conversation but don't follow.
I'm sure some of them did notice those things, but for the most part it's just a coincidence.

Pay attention to the answers that come with more info like why are my lower buds smaller than my top buds is it cuz the light? That's basic... look for the one that says apical dominance is responsible for that, auxin is a growth hormone that grows in the tips of branches that only flows through the stems downwards and it prevents sugars from going into a lower buds so it can keep apical dominance.
Auxin is responsible, not by itself though it'll prevent too much sugars from going into the tips and there's also cytokinin. The balance between cytokinin and auxin dictates it's Behavior more cytokinin then auxin Bud growth more auxin in cytokinin root growth.

Top Bottom