New Uc4 Build In Progress Need Help

• Thread starter Robes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Robes

Robes

I do not have the money to buy a complete system and am trying like johnny cash to "get it one piece at at time" I bought the intake manifold and return manifolds plus to connecting pipes mounted on bulk head fittings for connecting the four modules. I also bought 5 8 gallon ez store containers which I ruined by cutting the holes too low which made it leak. Has anyone done what I am trying to do too and been successful? If so I would appreciate your advice on how to proceed as am unsure how large the holes need to be and at what position I should cut them. Thanks!

Robes

Robes

I have solved the issue above and am moving on with construction of the system. Thanks for looking.

Robes

Robes

I would YouTube diy uc

Thanks for your suggestion. I have searched You Tube and come up with lots of interesting posts that have interesting ideas, but none with details and measurements. I guess i could ask a question there too, but i would essentially be doing the same thing I am here.

H

heisen

yeah i made a 7 bucket system including the control bucket for around 200 dollars out the door for the buckets and the pipes.all 2 inch fittings.I do not like the way undercurrent does there 1 pipe off the control bucket to the split.i have mine set up with a pipe on each side of the control bucket that goes through the rest of the buckets.I can see the water flow is very nice when put about 5 inches of water in each bucket.Also it doesnt take long for the PH readings and EC readings to stabilize once i start to add them in.here are some pictures of the ones i built.
20170308 215512

20170415 2252321

20170403 222736

20170306 191055

20170321 003917

20170306 195924

Robes

Robes

Looks like you have Mothers in DWC too. Is all that growth in the scrog from 6 plants? Nice going.

H

heisen

Looks like you have Mothers in DWC too. Is all that growth in the scrog from 6 plants? Nice going.
yeah those are some homemade autoflowering plants i made.i reversed an auto and used an auto female.got like 2500 auto female seeds and ran 6 of them.Those plants grew like crazy under 20 hours of light lol.the only problem is trying to keep them all happy when each one was so damn different it was crazyness.ill never do that BS again.i got a crazy good yield though 65 days from sprout just not worth the headache of tuning these in

Robes

Robes

I didnt want to seem like a bitch so I didnt mention it but yeah I wondered about the gaps in the canopy. Its hard to please a bunch of bitches for sure.

Robes

Robes

I also thought about using fem/auto to cut down the turn around time but really like Mandala Seeds vigor and strength in F1 regular seeds.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Yessir. Have done a couple two sites and just started a one site. I don't run any airstones (thanks @FooDoo) as the return feed into the control provides ample aeration.

What are you using for uniseal/bulkhead? I was having some issues with leaking early on.
IMG 2847
IMG 0041

Robes

Robes

I went ahead and ponied up to current culture and got the modules, epicenter and bonez because of leakes in my diy project. Now i can spend more time on important stuff and less time mopping.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I went ahead and ponied up to current culture and got the modules, epicenter and bonez because of leakes in my diy project. Now i can spend more time on important stuff and less time mopping.
People will definitely disagree with this, but I'm with you. My problems disappeared when I got the UC bulkheads.

Robes

Robes

I have learned to focus on what i do best and let others do what they do best. Leaks increase humidity which can create a multitude of other issues.

H

heisen

i bought a tube of 5200 below waterline caulk and had 0 leaks.i bought 2 of these for each bucket,drilled the holes with a hole saw and screwed these in.went around it with 5200 caulk and let it dry for a day.than i cut all the pipes and glued it up.Have 0 leaks after i went to this method.easy as hell to build and cost less than 200 for everything.even with rubber fittings and stuff they are prone to leak.the 5200 sealed all that shit up nice and it wont pull apart or leak if you have to move some stuff around.
on a side note i dont get how you guys are getting enough oxyegen in your system.I had a couple of airstones clogged and my plants started looking like shit in a 6 bucket setup and i have a ton of water flowing into the epi bucket.
Here are the fittings i got for the buckets.
0b25f7a7 927e 4bb1 9dbb cf90c6f9345d 1000

and heres the flow to my epi.If i dont have air under the plants they will start crinkling and looking like shit.

20170506 023200

Top Bottom