Newb Question Re: Vpd And Optimal Hum/temp Conditions Seem To Conflict.

• Thread starter spankdoggie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spankdoggie

Hello there, I am in the beginning of 7 week with autoflowers. This is my first grow. I have a Temperature of 81 degrees and 51 percent humidity currently. It looks like the plants like it after I finally can control the temp/humidity now. However at 81/51% this puts the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) deep into the red zone: I would have to lower the temp to 63 for an Optimum VPD around 9. I heard 8-10 is good VPD. I have 40/50/60 on the dehumidifier and can do any temp up to 81 possible.

Questions: Should I choose the VPD numbers over the humidity/temp? I am leaning towards lower humidity at 50 for now, but this means lowering the temp to 63 degrees for best VPD. Should I give up the VPD in favor of the lower humidity/higher temps? Or should I lower temperatures down to low 60/s now for VPD? I think these plants liked warmer temps. Which may get me a bigger yield? Thanks.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello there, I am in the beginning of 7 week with autoflowers. This is my first grow. I have a Temperature of 81 degrees and 51 percent humidity currently. It looks like the plants like it after I finally can control the temp/humidity now. However at 81/51% this puts the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) deep into the red zone: I would have to lower the temp to 63 for an Optimum VPD around 9. I heard 8-10 is good VPD. I have 40/50/60 on the dehumidifier and can do any temp up to 81 possible.

Questions: Should I choose the VPD numbers over the humidity/temp? I am leaning towards lower humidity at 50 for now, but this means lowering the temp to 63 degrees for best VPD. Should I give up the VPD in favor of the lower humidity/higher temps? Or should I lower temperatures down to low 60/s now for VPD? I think these plants liked warmer temps. Which may get me a bigger yield? Thanks.
Read the plants not the charts... do your plants look good? I like humidity of under 30 in flower

Top Bottom