Newbie. My Plant Is Stunted!

• Thread starter shasha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shasha

shasha

Hi, this is my first time growing this plant and I really need advises and opinions from you guys. My seed is a Feminized Shining Silver Haze and I germinated it on early April. In June it gets into flowering stage.
The problem is that I think my plant is stunted..or maybe it grows too slow.

Here's some more info about my plant:
- I grow it indoor (from germination until flowering I put it under sunlight and it looks fine).
- After entering week 7 of flowering, I changed the light to LED light.
- I give it the fertizer which high in N until week 7 of flowering stage, after that I give fertilizer which high in P.
- After a couple of days I noticed that the leaves on the down part started to droop drastically and all of the leaves feel dry.
- After 2 weeks more leaves started to droop and some are curled, getting lighter in colour and eventually fall.

I am wondering what could be the problem. Some says that it could be overwatered but my soil is not always wet. Could it be the LED light? Or some other problem. Please help. Thank you

Plant11
Plant22
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

How far do you keep your light away? from her and I think it looks good maybe a little over fert. What's the flowering time on her ?

shasha

shasha

Hi, the light is about 1 foot away from her. Is it too far? Flowering should be finished between 8-11 weeks but right now it is already in week 9 but it doesn't look like it's going to be done in another 2 weeks. The bud looks pretty small and not dense to me.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Depends what is the wattage of your led light. They are quiet small but I haven't grown that strain . Also what is your ph looking like ? You in coco or soil ?

shasha

shasha

I think my light is just 14W I think it's pretty low but I just have 1 plant so I think it should be enough.
I don't have the ph-meter :sweating:
I'm using soil.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Bro you need more than 14w ..... your ph is probaly out of wack unless your soil has lime in it ..... if you get more than 14 grams I'll be impressed

shasha

shasha

Okay if I over-fertilized it, what should I do to undo the effect? Can the leaves go green again afterwards?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

ph has nothing to do with fertilizer but you can flush the soil with plain water if needed .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Some sativas tend to be pretty whispy compared to indicas and hybrids. Especially SSH which is 80% sativa. I wouldn't worry about it. You may need to go to 12-14+ weeks with that strain.

I've found that the stated flowering times are usually on the short end as breeders don't want to scare off potential customers by telling them a strain needs more time to finish.

She looks healthy though from the pics you posted so keep it up and you'll be rewarded when the time comes. Be patient. Kudos.

Correction: I thought you were growing Super Silver Haze, just re-read its Shining Silver Haze. Yours might not need to go quite as long. I'd keep an eye on it and don't be surprised if she needs to go a few extra weeks than the stated flowering period time.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Dude you cannot take a plant under sunlight and put it under a 14w led bulb and expect it grow imho. Throw in 2-3 more of those bulbs at least. Light is everything to a plant, without proper lighting they will not be able to use the ferts either. Just throw in 3 more 14w daylight it will be better for the plant.
Probably you were keeping it on a windowsill, and plant was getting partial sunlight, thats why it is small i think, if you want big plants you need high wattage lights. Or at least lots of small wattage ones together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom