Newbie Needing Advice

• Thread starter Jjsg420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jjsg420

So these are 4 plants that i have that i grew from seeds its been a lil cold at nights but picks up really well in the days the has been new branches growing from the nodes between the fan leaves and the leaves are feeling a lil nice but kinda sticky, no shine. Went to check on them after work today and they seem to be doing pretty well but my only concern is its in veg still and what can i do to keep it going til flower and im aiming to make clones and reveg after harvest. The bottom right just has too leaflets having a tiny start of a curl but im going to hold off on water til tomorrow. I did a light water yesterday morning with kelp feed. But need tips and advice to keep them going or what to look out for. Im in socal.
Newbie needing advice
Newbie needing advice 2

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

So these are 4 plants that i have that i grew from seeds its been a lil cold at nights but picks up really well in the days the has been new branches growing from the nodes between the fan leaves and the leaves are feeling a lil nice but kinda sticky, no shine. Went to check on them after work today and they seem to be doing pretty well but my only concern is its in veg still and what can i do to keep it going til flower and im aiming to make clones and reveg after harvest. The bottom right just has too leaflets having a tiny start of a curl but im going to hold off on water til tomorrow. I did a light water yesterday morning with kelp feed. But need tips and advice to keep them going or what to look out for. Im in socal.
View attachment 760915 View attachment 760916
I'm not sure if I understand buddy... Please explain further.

J

Jjsg420

I'm not sure if I understand buddy... Please explain further.

A.What things do i have to worry about with my plants with off and on cold?

B. The leaves feel sticky in the pictures you see.

C. One plant has a minor amount of curling but my guess is overwater cause its green and normal color.

D. By the look of the photos in thr cold night do they look well?

E. Any tips or advice to keep them healthy and strong and last past december? Sprouted october 8th pics above are yesterday night. 11-27-17

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Well, I could advise a few things... One, move them indoors. But I assume you planted outside for a reason lol you can get a little green house dome like the one at this link https://www.homedepot.com/p/NuVue-2...MIjYf4jKnj1wIVWrbACh10kgFIEAQYAiABEgKrF_D_BwE and keep a light on it so it won't flower... I'll admit my friend, you stared a bit late so idk if the solutions I mentioned will even work... You best bet is to bring them inside when it's cold.

A

aquabig

keep em steady through the winter somehow. I suppose 5-10 LED's would do the trick and low flow irrigation to keep the soil moisture content balanced throughout the containers. If you feel like being generous start thinking about when you will upsize their living and how it will compare to current methods and procedures.

J

Jjsg420

So i put up a some plastic covering with some tall garden stakes just for rain if that came around until i get some thicker plastic sheeting to make a proper green house. But here is a video on how they look during the day and how they are responding after water today in the afternoon.

Dunge

Dunge

I think your doing great.
And I love the late outdoor contribution to the forum.

Thought one: Last spring I got into my greenhouse early by delivering heated water in the morning. The logic is to warm the roots to revive metabolic activity, slowed by night time cold. It worked great, at times feeding at well above 100 deg F. The above ground parts warm quickly enough from warming daytime air temps.

You may expect them to start flowering.
Had you come to us earlier you might have been convinced to provide supplementary lighting to allow for a bigger plant via extended vegetative growth phase. As it is, they will flower small, reducing yield, but otherwise no problem.

I applaud your cloning and re-veg ambitions. You must be very confidant of your genetics, or perhaps you just want to get all the learning you can out of this grow. Either way, good on you.
You will need supplemental lighting to re-veg, and some find cloning flowering plants to be trouble.

Consider top dressing with nutrient rich things like compost and guano. Scratch it into the surface before watering.

Keep us updated.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom