Nitrogen Flush / Sealer for Nug Storage

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monkeymun

monkeymun

My biggest problem with honey oil is it's really hard to handle...like once its dried its stuck to whatever you've put it in. If you've got it on a plate it pretty much becomes one with the plate. It is easy to get into little glass vials?

You can just resolubilize with a small amount of any solvent, like ether, and then let dry. Ether will evaporate at room temp quite quickly.

derelict

derelict

the best time to harvest, for purposes of high thc to weight ratio content is when the majority of the trichs are milky white. if i was to do this i’d be chopping at week 4 and lose probably 75% of my harvest, so it’s not worth it. but……there are numerous ways to separate delta9 from other cannabinoids if you look online and have a bit of chem-savvy know-how.

NagaKing

NagaKing

For my persy and favorite strains, as soon as the nugz are dry I use a press to squash them into a solid block and stick them in the freezer...
This squeezes out all the air and you’d be surprised how small 4oz looks likes this.. it’s actually quite demoralising to look at.. LOL
When I need I just shave of a small sliver with a razor.
It’s simple and effective and definitely stops resin from breaking down.
Admittedly, not an effective commercial solution..

Captain Canna

Captain Canna

i thought flvor should improve over time because of the curing process? aren't you stopping the curing process by doing this?

-cc

NagaKing

NagaKing

I don’t know about flavor, maybe..
But I know for a fact my nugz are strongest from the moment after harvest.
After a few weeks in the bag the strength of the high has greatly diminished and the high is different also. less buzzed, more Xbox-locked..

neverbreak

neverbreak

thc decay is exacerbated by heat light n oxygen. thc in its purest form is a very light translucent oil (actually its technically not an oil, but let just say it has properties akin to). any color variation of this is likely a complex of oxidized cannabinoids. btw many substances will go dark when oxidized, this is caused by change conformational structure like the formation of a double bond and subsequent absorption of light. dark hash is either impure (has bits of leaf n crap in it) or is highly oxidized. yellow, cream or red translucent hash will always yield a higher ratio thc. both hash and buds will lose their cbd and thc content over time, resultin in an increase of cbn. but there is tentative evidence that an endogenous enzyme called cbd-cyclase converts some cbd into thc durin storage, so its not all bad news. :)

neverbreak

monkeymun

monkeymun

The ratios of cannabinoids during the flowering phase change over time. During early trichome development the most prevalent cannabinoid is CBG and trans-CBG. This is a parent compound, that depending on strain, conditions etc, will be converted into either CBC, CBD or THC. Light and O2 convert CBC and THC into their stable forms, CBL and CBN, respectively and CBD is oxidised to CBA. delta-9 THC can also be converted into delta-8 THC by free radicals or OH-intermediates. The plant makes these compounds to mitigate the effect of ROS (reactive oxygen species), which is a defence mechanism. H2O2 is made during the conversion of CBG into THC and these cytotoxic chemicals are subsequently stored outside the plant, away from its tissues and in the face of munching herbivores, in special structures; stalked glandular trichomes. For the biological reasons of it’s synthesis, it’s easy to see why THC is only a short lived molecule, i.e. retarding the conversion of THC into CBN confers no biological advantage to the plant. THC is simply a by-product of a cannabis plant’s chemical weapons factory.

Allowing flowers to air ‘cure’ is an old-school myth and contradicts what is understood about the relevant biochemistry. As popularly is purported “..during curing chlorophyll will breakdown”. Yes, but chlorophyll breakdown (in case anyone is interested, an enzyme called pheophorbide a oxygenase usually robs the chlorine ring of the Mg ion, hence the color change) is a good indicator that a myriad other breakdown cascades have taken place including inside the trichomes also, i.e. these processes are not only confined to the chloroplasts, or any other region of the plant. So allowing the plant to slowly cure, esp near light or O2, is counter productive. And keeping buds in glass jars affords limited efficacy. Nitrogen storage, if done properly makes a lot of sense, if done immediately post harvest, however there are better alternatives. For the purposes of insanely high THC yield, high grade medical cannabis should be harvested 1-3 weeks early and immediately freeze dried.

T

trunx

damn bro, that’s a lot to digest. if i can just ask, you know this all how?

henry

henry

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying.

THC is oxidized into CBN (cannabinol) which doesn’t give you a cerebral high.

Right...i think I've heard something like that before. must be why bud gets shit over time too then huh.

monkeymun

monkeymun

If by shit, you mean the high changes and potency decreases, then yes.

monkeymun

monkeymun

damn bro, that’s a lot to digest. if i can just ask, you know this all how?

Haha, yes you can ask…questions are free aren’t they? Have background in the field and as a med patient, have vested interest in keeping myself informed. I don’t subscribe to the hype, just the facts.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So hanging it to dry is not a good idea either. Oxygen And so much for. Popping the jars everyday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom