NL5 x Haze

• Thread starter leadsled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
testiclees

testiclees

BUMP AN OLD THREAD

Whos running the Swami Nevils 88 NL5/Hz?

This is the real deal early genetics, No Mr Nice Genetics....and has been bred to F5 Stabilized. Id like to know how it compares to the Mr Nice version?

I had some of this stuff, crossed with the G13 x Hash Plant x Sk1 Road Kill in the early mid 90s, and it was the best stuff Id seen since the 70s. Huge lung expansion. You knew you were going to cough every hit. Tasted like the best Hash.

But I'm interested in the straight NL5/Hz from 88. Cootz found his breeder stock in 91, and put the seeds away until a few years ago, were germinated, and have now been worked to F5.

Swami also has 1 that's bred with a 76 Thai x 71 Kandahar Female..

Its called Blue Orca Haze. I believe the Thai was the Male, Kandahar Female x Nevils NL5/Hz Male. Is supposed to upgrade the taste, and not as grinding, but potentially even more potent than the NL5/Hz.

If this stuff pans out, I recommend it to anyone that wants truly some very powerful product. Really powerful. Also consider Ive been smoking for 50 years. This is potentially some of the best stuff ever.

Any info on the Swami ???

Did you ever experiment with these beans brother? Im interested in thoughts on growing or smoking this strain.

testiclees

testiclees

Shit, after a long flowering period i have big expectations.

Im very tight on space right now. I dropped one each cherry bomb, nl#5 x h and boh x poly into pots yesterday. With this lil sampler Ill get a look at what im working with before i make any plans. I rarely run regs. But i was convinced by dude on riu these are worth it.

Agree?

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

For your purposes, and at this moment, I would rule against running NL5/Hz. Its to long, and its best for breeding purposes. All of it is pretty strong, but you need to go through several females to find 1 that may have everything you want. Some of these will be very powerful, but the taste will be crap,, or you find a good 1, but it flowers 12 weeks+, and doesn't produce a lot ect.

Many scenarios for this strain,

I'm also not saying its not a good strain, as it is, but IMHO is best to use for breeding.

GAS even says on his site that there will be variation, and many wont be desirable. But if you have the space, and ability to look through several females its a win win.

So far IMHO the BOH is all potent, will taste good, IF you let it go long enough, and will be a very good producer. But this stuff needs to be let go, and do its thing, or wont wont be doing justice to this plant. It begs to go a long time, at least the 1s Ive seen. Potency will be good early, but taste will be really hurt, as will buzz, as good as it is early, it does nothing but get better.
Visually you wont find a plant that's got more trichs on it than BOH. Loaded, will make devastating hash
My buddy just found a Bubblegum pheno thats really, really good. But still needed to go longer ( 10-14 days ).

Weve only gone through about 5 females, and 2 have been outstanding, and totally different.
1 has much more bright green buds, and the other is very dark green, and more leafy, but still very dense. Larger trichs vs Bubblegum, and is more Floral. Other pheno has smaller trichs, but just as many.

testiclees

testiclees

For your purposes, and at this moment, I would rule against running NL5/Hz. Its to long, and its best for breeding purposes. All of it is pretty strong, but you need to go through several females to find 1 that may have everything you want. Some of these will be very powerful, but the taste will be crap,, or you find a good 1, but it flowers 12 weeks+, and doesn't produce a lot ect.

Many scenarios for this strain,

I'm also not saying its not a good strain, as it is, but IMHO is best to use for breeding.

GAS even says on his site that there will be variation, and many wont be desirable. But if you have the space, and ability to look through several females its a win win.

So far IMHO the BOH is all potent, will taste good, IF you let it go long enough, and will be a very good producer. But this stuff needs to be let go, and do its thing, or wont wont be doing justice to this plant. It begs to go a long time, at least the 1s Ive seen. Potency will be good early, but taste will be really hurt, as will buzz, as good as it is early, it does nothing but get better.
Visually you wont find a plant that's got more trichs on it than BOH. Loaded, will make devastating hash
My buddy just found a Bubblegum pheno thats really, really good. But still needed to go longer ( 10-14 days ).

Weve only gone through about 5 females, and 2 have been outstanding, and totally different.
1 has much more bright green buds, and the other is very dark green, and more leafy, but still very dense. Larger trichs vs Bubblegum, and is more Floral. Other pheno has smaller trichs, but just as many.

Do you get into fems at all? Have any fem strains that you think are A+?

Ill post up pics of what pops. No idea of selecting for winners until puff so input welcome.

testiclees

testiclees

Don't use fem seeds. It goes from male to female over to hermaphrodite vs female. A true xx female is what u want. I flip mine and reveg twice before I will keep them.
Ive grown a few of ace regs bro but speaking from experience the fems ive grown have been coveted eg sin mint cookies, kali mist, sugar punch, midnight mass, mad berry.

I wanted to test out swami regs because the genes look so legit. But i grow in a tiny space so evaluating multiple phenos isnt in the cards.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I HATE FEM SEEDS. YMMV, but please don't do it. Never Again will I use them. To unpredictable/variable, and add junk into the genetic pool IMHO of course. Others MMV, mine aint changing. I wasted a lot of money on them.

Ive tried a bunch of them, and NONE of them were as good as the regulars I tried of the same strain. I also especially wouldn't buy Fem Seeds that I could also not first try the Regulars, and then the Fems to see the difference, if any, myself.

I did that with Barneys Farm, and it was a total waste of time.

We grew the Regular BF G13 x Haze, and it was really good shit.

We tried 15 of the Fems, and every 1 of them was weak, structurally, was a more pale green, less vigorous, and generally about 15% as good as the Regulars.

Same for the LSD. Total junk

Did the Dutch passion Fem Blue Moonshine, it wasn't in the same universe as the original.

The original was a short bushy hash plant type, with thick had buds, and a Blueberry Muffin smell. Huge buds. 38 gram main cola. Rock Hard.

The shit they sent me grew into a HUGE plant with really acrid, undesirable skunk smell that was really nasty in a bad way, and I loved the old RKS. Though this stank, the terpenes were very undesirable, had huge fluffy buds, and was generally crap. I don't know what they sent, but it wasn't anything like the original.
Have also tried others, and like I said. I'll not waste my money again.

Heres what I would do, if I were you, and I also just got these genetics, and they come highly recommended, and I know these genetics.

Use SeedsHereNow as your Vendor for these seeds.

For a 100% Indica, that REEKS, is very potent, and doesn't stretch much in flower?? Good for small spaces.

Coastal Seeds Puck Yeah. Heirloom NL1 x Puck ( AKA Skelly cut Hash Plant ) Skelly is considered the Best, of the Best of the HP cuts.
If you've got limited space. This is the 1 you want. Veg as long as you can. It wont stretch much. 1/2-1.

If you know what the old Nevils NL1 x PNW Hash Plant was, then you need no introduction to these genes. Pure Skunk Hash Pine flavor. REEKS. Does not produce a lot, but the weed is second to none. 50-70 days flowering. Killer for breeding.

For a Sativa Dom 56-66 days flowering.

Dominion Seed Company Dominion Skunk.

OLD Super Sativa Seed Club ( 80s ) Sk1 Pole Cat Pheno for the Males.

Dominion Skunk= VA Chemdog 91 x SSSC Sk1 ( FEMALE ) x Skelly ( PUCK ) x SSSC Sk1 ( Male )

Dominion also have an Indica Dom but is out of stock. Its called Granny Skunk.
It is a VA Afghani x Skelly x SSSC Sk1. Killer shit too. 83% Indica.

But really.

Look into

Puck Yeah/Coastal Seeds/100% Indica
Dominion Skunk.. 60/40 Sativa dom.

Don't muck around. These are powerful medium time flowering plants.

I bought 3 packs each, and have every hope they will replace the Blue Orca Haze. The SSSC/Skelly genes I had back in the 90s beats all of the BOH, NL5/Hz that I really like right now.

But I have high expectations for these genes that have SSSC... Skelly...91Chemdog VA, and the VA Afghani.

They also have 1 called Sis Skunk you may be interested in. I also have these, but am going to first start 1 pack Dominion Skunk, and Granny Skunk.

But these are good genes, and I think you will be more than happy with them. Way more than happy.

Last edited:
testiclees

testiclees

Update on Swami beans, these were soooo slow to pop. All of them topped at node 5-6

No space to flower right now so vegging these slowly, no sex determination yet

3 23 boh 1a
3 23 boh
3 23 cb
3 23 cb1
3 23 nlh
testiclees

testiclees

Nice! I was wondering about an indoor run. I visited a thread where the consensus, from people who grew this plant, was that it best outdoors.

Yours look happily compact. How many weeks are you, does it have much smell?

M

MrGreenGreen

Nice! I was wondering about an indoor run. I visited a thread where the consensus, from people who grew this plant, was that it best outdoors.

Yours look happily compact. How many weeks are you, does it have much smell?
Yah...giving off good smell and they have that cherry metallic smell. They do stretch like hell lol.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

AKBeanBrains has some killer Tk/80s-90sNL5/Haze crosses. These are crosses using a TKHzNL5 Male

Also has some Pure NL5/Haze from 80s, or 90s

Swami also has some 80s Super Sativa Seed Club M33 crossed back with M33, and Original NL#2, if theyre are any left for sale.

elduderito

elduderito

Karma Haze (Top Dawg Seeds) - (NL5xHaze dutch cut x A5bx)

I've got 4 other females from a pack -- this one looks the most sativa dominant and stretched the most - I've got another similar pheno with less stretch and better branch structure... Not sure how old the dutch cut is in this cross but I'm very optimistic that I'll find a good keeper...
20210318 163950
20210318 164029

Top Bottom