Not open for further replies.
G gnome

G gnome

Chemdog 91 and Chemdog r different cuts. I have em both
Chemdog 91
Screenshot 20171106 101759

Junk

Junk

IIrc terpenes are found in food, flowers, veggies etc. The reason a particular cannabis smells like limonene is because it's producing the same terpene that lemons et al do. We associate the smell with citrus bc it's where we most commonly experience it. But they are both producing it on their own.

P

Pimples

I grow my crops in 2 and 3 gallon grow bags or cloth pots of coco coir substrate medium. Using a simple full profile base nutrient fertilizer in mild 1.0 to 1.5 EC strengths and slightly adjusted pH 6.0 solution everytime the medium has 50% or so dry down. With about 15 to 20% runoff to drain every feed using a simple drip manifold with a pump/reservoir and timer. My "strains" (correct term is cultivars or varieties) are just fine with awesome terpene development...smell.. taste and high effects. My patients can get enough. Outdoors I use a "worked" organic amended soil filled with micro life and compost. I get what your saying but I think your off base and thinking way too much into it. Ive used "organic" built soils indoors in the past. Many many crops as well. It was much more work for the end result which was negligible at best (no difference what so ever in truth) compared to simple mineral fertilizer and an inert (coco coir - mostly inert) substrate medium. If you want to stand out from the crowd (difficult - alot more fine growers everyday) Ive found that using different and strong genetics than what everyone in your area is using and more cannabis friendly lighting than standard hps (cobs..led..cmh) is the absolute key to getting this. Along with perfect ripeness picking time (not all parts of the plant are ripe at the same time - much like tomatos - but most chop whole plant) and perfect drying..trimming..and curing techniques gets it done...every damn time. Iam over the whole organic indoors thing (where every other input is artificial)...for years now. Been there..done that. I save that for where it really counts. Outdoors.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Genetics.
BINGO!!! Not even up for debate. Genetics is absolutely number one. The foundation from which every other variable and input revolves around. Period. Look at it this way. If you start with super high quality genetics..a strong cultivar variety..that CONSISTENTLY puts out high potentcy..tasty, and smelly flowers all the time if you do your part..youve got a winning formula. With strong and chosen genetics...you can put them indoors in a subpar inconsistent environment with a grower lacking adequate skill and methods...there is a good chance you can still pull off something smokable. Because your foundation you started with was really good. Thats how important genetics are. The opposite cannot happen. You can have the best state of the art growroom system and setup on the planet with a super skilled soild master gardener and pro greenthumb...and if your starting genetics is subpar and not up to snuff...your not going to harvest anything that was even worth the time money and trouble. You can polish a turd to a high glistening sheen...but its still...at its very core...a stanky ole dried up awful hunk of poop. Using an organic worked well thought out soil as opposed to a more hydroponic and mineral salt fertilizer/ medium substrate/method isnt the deal breaker. A minor variable input at best. Now...you can market and hype that variable as the end all be all factor...just like the nutrient companys hype there wares and products. But the reality and truth of it...with indoor gardening is its just a different method of cultivation. Organic soil indoors isnt the holy altar of bud that the proponents would like others to believe. I speak the truth!!!!

Last edited:
Smerb

Smerb

I grow my crops in 2 and 3 gallon grow bags or cloth pots of coco coir substrate medium. Using a simple full profile base nutrient fertilizer in mild 1.0 to 1.5 EC strengths and slightly adjusted pH 6.0 solution everytime the medium has 50% or so dry down. With about 15 to 20% runoff to drain every feed using a simple drip manifold with a pump/reservoir and timer. My "strains" (correct term is cultivars or varieties) are just fine with awesome terpene development...smell.. taste and high effects. My patients can get enough. Outdoors I use a "worked" organic amended soil filled with micro life and compost. I get what your saying but I think your off base and thinking way too much into it. Ive used "organic" built soils indoors in the past. Many many crops as well. It was much more work for the end result which was negligible at best (no difference what so ever in truth) compared to simple mineral fertilizer and an inert (coco coir - mostly inert) substrate medium. If you want to stand out from the crowd (difficult - alot more fine growers everyday) Ive found that using different and strong genetics than what everyone in your area is using and more cannabis friendly lighting than standard hps (cobs..led..cmh) is the absolute key to getting this. Along with perfect ripeness picking time (not all parts of the plant are ripe at the same time - much like tomatos - but most chop whole plant) and perfect drying..trimming..and curing techniques gets it done...every damn time. Iam over the whole organic indoors thing (where every other input is artificial)...for years now. Been there..done that. I save that for where it really counts. Outdoors.
Can't beat a sun! A greenhouse is possibly the best to go for year round growing. That's what I like. I hate stopping.

P

Pimples

Some people just can't grow though, I've given away prized genetics and not seen some return with par or even close to an eagle. Not to big a deal. If you know you know. Just grow. Yeah.
This is so true. Alot of people out there think they can grow..and the end product says otherwise. Alot of people with a growlamp in a dirty closet around here in Flint. And the end product..I wouldnt turn in to a concentrate. Ive had to go out on the street to buy up a unit or two because my impatient patients wiped me out. Mamy times in the past let me tell ya..What alot of them call bud just isnt. But when that happens now (rarely am I out these days) I got soild reliable grower buddys I can lean on to deliver what we as a loose knit grow club of friends call high quality cannabis. But your right..alot of crap from crappy growers.out there. I wish they would just call it a day..realize they arent growers or they dont put in the thought..time or money to be one and leave it to the real deal greenthumbs that actually care about what they are doing with cannabis.

R

redlife215

Everything i read was all bullshit where r the papers and research to back that up. All pkants secrete sugars to feed thw bacterua but that doesnt have anything to do with flavors. I honestly get mad to read this type of misinformation on these forums this is worth a ban more then calling somebody a faggot imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom