No Bacteria, No Strain. End Of Story. How Strains Work

• Thread starter FoundYoStash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can't beat a sun! A greenhouse is possibly the best to go for year round growing. That's what I like. I hate stopping.

I think about building a climate controlled greenhouse with light deprivation system a lot. I could easily send the power I use now for indoor out to the yard.

I would get 2 spare bedrooms back in the house. I have no spare rooms now. Lol.

Problem is I would worry about quality and pests out there and I have it under control already inside.

Smerb

Smerb

I think about building a climate controlled greenhouse with light deprivation system a lot. I could easily send the power I use now for indoor out to the yard.

Problem is I would worry about quality and pests out there and I have it under control already inside.
Greenhouse is just like indoor. Only with the suns light capacity. Your controlling pests the same. And to be honest quality comes just with the name greehouse.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

This is seriously the stupidest post I've ever seen on THCFarmer, and I've seen alot.

It's crazy how much authority people will speak with when it's clear that have zero understanding of the topic at hand.

Get outta here with this bullshit organic pseudoscience propaganda.

P

Pimples

I grow outdoors and in a simple hoop greenhouse in the Michigan season. The G House lets me get an early jump on transplants starts and earlier planting. Translates to bigger plants/yields in our short growing season (especially with long season sativas). But iam with ya. If i had the coin (real grenhouses with state of the art shading light dep curtains and real greenhouse Gavita/P.L. lamps are pricey). But I wanna do it so bad. I could use alot if not most of my all indoor equipment as well. I believe for super quality..high tech greenhouses are the future for top shelf grown cannabis. Use the hps lamps for what they were originally meant for...supplemental lighting in conjunction with the sun or earlier planting/later harvesting. In greenhouses with supplemental hps..they dont come on near as much. Alot cheaper than total indoor. Amd your getting indoor like control. But with the magic of the sun. High tech hot house production greenhouses are the best of both worlds. Indoor quality with less overhead but the size and overall health of monster outdoor. I been wanting to go all in with a bad ass real greenhouse for decades now. Iam talking the real ones. That the veggie and fruit growers use. With coco/rockwool row slabs. Double ended hps lamps. Awesome drip irrigation with Dosatrons with direct in water line fertilizer injections from stock solutions. Substrate moisture feed sensors. Leaf tissue analysis. Brix meter sugar content observation. Light dep curtains. Big propane co2 burners. The whole nine. We are taking big bucks though. Alot of money to do it the way I want to. Ive been obsessed with high tech greenhouses since I was a little kid actually. Hell...i would be tickled just to work in or around one. Not just for cannabis either. Iam fascinated by the way they grow in these operations. The raft and nft lettuce production hydroponic systems are so cool to me. The giant tomato operations where the wrap the vines around and around horizontally are unreal. Yeah...I dig greenhouses. Always have.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Greenhouse is just like indoor. Only with the suns light capacity. Your controlling pests the same. And to be honest quality comes just with the name greehouse.

Pest problem is nothing like indoor. I change and wash before entering my indoor rooms. I use filtered inside air for ventilation I have never had to spray for bugs or PM and have only had one moldy bud in the last 4 years.

Also security is a concern. Cops and robbers invade outside buildings before entering houses.

And quality is more consistent and controllable indoors. i would be introducing a lot of new variables. Of course I get the sun as a light source in return for the risks.

Maybe I will try something smaller to test the waters outside.

P

Pimples

Pest problem is nothing like indoor. I change and wash before entering my indoor rooms. I use filtered inside air for ventilation I have never had to spray for bugs or PM and have only had one moldy bud in the last 4 years.

Also security is a concern. Cops and robbers invade outside buildings before entering houses.

And quality is more consistent and controllable indoors. i would be introducing a lot of new variables. Of course I get the sun as a light source in return for the risks.

You would be suprised at the level of quality and control you can achieve with a properly setup high tech greenhouse.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I grow outdoors and in a simple hoop greenhouse in the Michigan season. The G House lets me get an early jump on transplants starts and earlier planting. Translates to bigger plants/yields in our short growing season (especially with long season sativas). But iam with ya. If i had the coin (real grenhouses with state of the art shading light dep curtains and real greenhouse Gavita/P.L. lamps are pricey). But I wanna do it so bad. I could use alot if not most of my all indoor equipment as well. I believe for super quality..high tech greenhouses are the future for top shelf grown cannabis. Use the hps lamps for what they were originally meant for...supplemental lighting in conjunction with the sun or earlier planting/later harvesting. In greenhouses with supplemental hps..they dont come on near as much. Alot cheaper than total indoor. Amd your getting indoor like control. But with the magic of the sun. High tech hot house production greenhouses are the best of both worlds. Indoor quality with less overhead but the size and overall health of monster outdoor. I been wanting to go all in with a bad ass real greenhouse for decades now. Iam talking the real ones. That the veggie and fruit growers use. With coco/rockwool row slabs. Double ended hps lamps. Awesome drip irrigation with Dosatrons with direct in water line fertilizer injections from stock solutions. Substrate moisture feed sensors. Leaf tissue analysis. Brix meter sugar content observation. Light dep curtains. Big propane co2 burners. The whole nine. We are taking big bucks though. Alot of money to do it the way I want to. Ive been obsessed with high tech greenhouses since I was a little kid actually. Hell...i would be tickled just to work in or around one. Not just for cannabis either. Iam fascinated by the way they grow in these operations. The raft and nft lettuce production hydroponic systems are so cool to me. The giant tomato operations where the wrap the vines around and around horizontally are unreal. Yeah...I dig greenhouses. Always have.

Yup. That's what I am dreaming about too.

Your post has me already designing one for my yard in my head right now!

P

Pimples

Speaking of big money have you seen that crazy ass indoor hybrid greenhouse? They can close the top like a football stadium and they have 1000w HPS supplemental lighting hanging above. So they can utilize the sun year round. I don't know how well winter sun does as far as activating certain hormones or defenses in a plant vs summer time.
A retractable roof indoor garden? Wow. Link?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Speaking of big money have you seen that crazy ass indoor hybrid greenhouse? They can close the top like a football stadium and they have 1000w HPS supplemental lighting hanging above. So they can utilize the sun year round. I don't know how well winter sun does as far as activating certain hormones or defenses in a plant vs summer time.

Haven't seen it. But it's funny you say that because I was just over at a friends huge barn and was thinking we could cut a window in the roof and grow trees.

Smerb

Smerb

You just said indoor, greenhouse is inside, in a door. And a greenhouse should be dialed in just fine. Cops and robbers, you've got to be a youngster......
I hope your indoor is awesome! But, try it in a greenhouse you may change your mind. This maybe tedious but if you forget something in your growroom and have to go back in there, do you wash again and change? That honestly sounds ridiculous if you do. You must have some dirty air there. No hating I'm just wondering.

Smerb

Smerb

If you can't afford a big one go small first, make your money then go big.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

It's quite easy to DIY a greenhouse.
Just buy a dog kennel and slap a roof on it.
Built one to thwart rippers. I keep is on my raised lanai with a padlock
DSCF8879
and a dog that is convinced it's her kennel
South wing security

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You just said indoor, greenhouse is inside, in a door. And a greenhouse should be dialed in just fine. Cops and robbers, you've got to be a youngster......
I hope your indoor is awesome! But, try it in a greenhouse you may change your mind. This maybe tedious but if you forget something in your growroom and have to go back in there, do you wash again and change? That honestly sounds ridiculous if you do. You must have some dirty air there. No hating I'm just wondering.

I am surely not a youngster. I have been involved with and smoking weed since the early eighties. And I would never wear clothes that have been outside in my Grow room. Yes I have changed multiple times before.

It's not reduculous. It's actually suggested in all the best Grow books. And done by every great grower I have ever dealt with. And I have worked with quite a few growers over the years. One place I used to pick up at had me wear a tyvec suit and wash my face and hair before entering even the drying area. In a sub basement.

I have never had a pest in either house except for a couple gnats and some springtails. And I have never sprayed for them. and I mean 2 gnats.

I won't bring an outside plant in either. Or another grower other than Mrs. MMG.

Every other grower I have met or talked to online has dealt with them. Some of them still do. Especially the outside clone growers.

Also everyone and their grandma out here has an outdoor Grow of some sort. I have not seen better weed out of any of them. Although I think I can do better if I tried.

Of course they don't have climate control or even supplemental lighting. But even in a great growing season they all have issues with something.

And the well grown true outdoor is usually better and tastier. Probably from the uv. Most Greenhouse coverings block the very thing that makes outdoor better.

And I was just voicing my concerns. Unless I build a building with a concrete slab base a greenhouse is not indoors. Just closer.

Smerb

Smerb

I am surely not a youngster. I have been involved with and smoking weed since the early eighties. And I would never wear clothes that have been outside in my Grow room. Yes I have changed multiple times before.

It's not reduculous. It's actually suggested in all the best Grow books. And done by every great grower I have ever dealt with. And I have worked with quite a few growers over the years. One place I used to pick up at had me wear a tyvec suit and wash my face and hair before entering even the drying area. In a sub basement.

I have never had a pest in either house except for a couple gnats and some springtails. And I have never sprayed for them. and I mean 2 gnats.

I won't bring an outside plant in either. Or another grower other than Mrs. MMG.

Every other grower I have met or talked to online has dealt with them. Some of them still do. Especially the outside clone growers.

Also everyone and their grandma out here has an outdoor Grow of some sort. I have not seen better weed out of any of them. Although I think I can do better if I tried.

Of course they don't have climate control or even supplemental lighting. But even in a great growing season they all have issues with something.

And the well grown true outdoor is usually better and tastier. Probably from the uv. Most Greenhouse coverings block the very thing that makes outdoor better.

And I was just voicing my concerns. Unless I build a building with a concrete slab base a greenhouse is not indoors. Just closer.
I'll just say, cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom