NO CALYX SWELL :( 50 days

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
can u take betetr pics? with a better light on? have you grown this strain before and have had differnt results at 50 days? also maybe its the LED lighting?

lazarus718

lazarus718

You aren't going to get huge bud swell out of every strain on the market bro. What's the strain and you seem to be running those girls pretty naked man.

420Gator

420Gator

Switch to a hps would be my guess. Check out tobors thread to get a better idea how to train for led

I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

The lights are like a lil' too far and it seems as if they were switched to 12/12 a bit too early, friend... Still - got my rep for that frosty lil' leaf, hehe. ;)
Lots of Love from the THC Lover!
Peace and Blessings.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks for the +rep heres more pics
No its my first grow so i dont know about this strain other then what i've read and the other thing is Ndef. really ate up my leafs weeks 6 and 7:(

IMG 1851
Frame0
Frame1
Frame2
Frame3
Frame4
LEDhead

LEDhead

None takin V ya I'm at 30ml base nutes and 10ml additives I'm using the calculator at AN but not their recommended dosage :) so not all those nutes are in at the same time

LEDhead

LEDhead

?? Bubba Kush or Lemon Skunk?? the spot had two LS and BK but not marked so I grabbed the two I liked best

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Put that 250Watt HiD back in there! The money you spent on those Kessills and the nutes and that tent is mindblowing considering you are barely growing anything in it! That ounce you are gonna harvest better be good, because if you factor in the time, power bills, nute prices and equip setup that is the most expensive ounce on the market!

I'm guessing the led will not puff out a calyxe like the pics you see on here from accomplished growers with massive lighting and ventilation...

Try filling that thing up with 4-6 plants and you might have a better harvest considering I see a lot of blank space in your setup.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Only bought one Kessil $200 local shop, won the other one and even with that 250w HID It didn't help, and ya massive trimming really was my downfall but I've learned a lot being this is my first grow
So here's my question, My temp with HID on is 80-81* and my resi gets up to about 76-77 how would I keep temps down?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
To lower temps you can make sure you've got the coldest air(north facing) or something for the intake. Make sure your exhaust is proper size and your running an adequate filter/fan for exhaust with no real kinks or 90degree turns in your exhaust ducting. Run your lights at coolest time of day /night...
Get a small a/c, that resi temp is high for sure but if you put resi outside the tent and run a line from it into that GL80 you'd lower temp on it for sure. Do you have a cover for you res? That might help if anylight is heating up your res in the tent.

Problem with those tents is they are such a small area that you really gotta exhaust them heavily to keep them at a good growing temp...do you have a fan in there hitting the plants(circulating air) that will cool you down a degree or two easily.

And last but not least, you could always move to a cooler environment...lol
Anyways, you'll be stoked smoking your own, just wanna see you yield more for your time and expenses...

LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks BG ya me too;) but my goal was set at 1/4 oz. since ive never grown befor i just wanted to see if i liked it but hope to get more in future as for $$$ I sold an old junker (53 desoto) I was working on and switched gears from gearhead to growhead and I'm liking the growing MUCH MORE:)
And temps are rising fast here in the desert so AC is going to be my killer soon that's why I what to try an autoflower grow to keep harvest going every 3-4 weeks and see if the LEDs will do anything for them if not I'm getting a grow goddess general purpose LED next week;)
Kessil Facebook having a giveaway till April
Grow Goddess has $200 off general purpose LED have to buy 2 that's $798

M

mamaherb

I second the too many nutes comment. Simplify and fill the space. For ladies that small, you could have a few more there. Def need to veg longer and train them to bush with stakes.

420Gator

420Gator

And temps are rising fast here in the desert so AC is going to be my killer soon that's why I what to try an autoflower grow to keep harvest going every 3-4 weeks and see if the LEDs will do anything for them if not I'm getting a grow goddess general purpose LED next week;)
Kessil Facebook having a giveaway till April
Grow Goddess has $200 off general purpose LED have to buy 2 that's $798

dude dont spend 800$ on another led, buy a 600 or 1000 watt setup and a little window unit and get a real harvest in that tent, and have a couple hundred $ left

LEDhead

LEDhead

Only $400 :) for one grow goddess
But then what use the couple hundred I saved in power bills?
And if I was to get another HID I'd get one for about $800 anyways;
AN badass 1000w $350
Melon Head Hood $160
AN badass bulbs MH and HPS $129 each
Total exhaulst cost fans, duct, etc. $120
So I don't see a difference anyways except I'm only getting one Grow Goddess for $400
But I did go get a better fan and I'm going to reinstall my HID to see if it helps I'll post pics when I'm set up;)

lazarus718

lazarus718

and ya massive trimming really was my downfall but I've learned a lot being this is my first grow
That's what I was getting at by telling you that those girls look REALLY naked, your fans are what are going to be pumping that energy to your buds bro! If you're growing with LED's (which do not even closely resemble the intensity of nature), you'd better keep as many fan leaves on those plants as you can. There is a reason we can feel the sun 93 million miles away from us and it is because it has a shit ton of energy in it. These guys are telling you that your calyxes aren't swelling because there is nothing to get excited about. You can throw all the LED's you like into that tent and pump your girls with all kinds of unnatural crap and you aren't going to get as good of results as if you dug a hole in your lawn and let a plant just grow right there without even touching the thing. For me, it's about quality, and if I want to spend this kind of time growing something I want to do my best to bring the most I can out of my plants. If that resembles your intentions then take the advice put forth on your thread and spend your money on a HPS. Your calyxes will swell bro.

lazarus718

lazarus718

And no offense either bro, props on your first grow and way to experiment, if you have the $$$ to toss around by all means go for it man. I think what you are going to find though is that this plant is going to respond better to the HID lights that are out on the market if you want to keep growing her indoors.

Top Bottom