No-till In A 1 Gallon Pot (lol)

• Thread starter coloradoBTC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

hello farmers and welcome to this thread
in my enthusiasm to start no-till and my inability to follow directions, I have managed to fill a 1 gallon pot with clackmas coot in the bottom, and a mix of sphagum/compost/pumice above it
now I realize that this is nowhere close to the volume needed to create a proper food web
but we're doing this shit
No till in a 1 gallon pot lol

this is a deathstar s1 that has been flipped to 12/12 for a few days now
already starting to see some warning signs, like twisted leaves
I hope this grow provides info to other farmers and welcome any suggestions (except repotting)​

brazel

brazel

hello farmers and welcome to this thread
in my enthusiasm to start no-till and my inability to follow directions, I have managed to fill a 1 gallon pot with clackmas coot in the bottom, and a mix of sphagum/compost/pumice above it
now I realize that this is nowhere close to the volume needed to create a proper food web
but we're doing this shit
View attachment 769064
this is a deathstar s1 that has been flipped to 12/12 for a few days now
already starting to see some warning signs, like twisted leaves
I hope this grow provides info to other farmers and welcome any suggestions (except repotting)​
Why coot mix on the bottom and spm, compost, pumice on top?
Cheers

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

Why coot mix on the bottom and spm, compost, pumice on top?
Cheers
clackmas recipe is too hot for a young plant but perfect for a teen so you put it in the bottom up to the point that a seedling wont hit it.
the sph/compost/pumice is to provide homes for mycorhizhae and bacteria, that is what determines success in young plants, not nutrients

brazel

brazel

clackmas recipe is too hot for a young plant but perfect for a teen so you put it in the bottom up to the point that a seedling wont hit it.
the sph/compost/pumice is to provide homes for mycorhizhae and bacteria, that is what determines success in young plants, not nutrients
I don't know if I should say ok or correct you! What's your thoughts

Organikz

Organikz

I'm going to tell you what happens in a container that size in no till. Your plant is going to hit a point where it's going to want to take massive amount of nutrients and take the fuck off. These nutrients won't be available...matter of fact your pot will be all roots. The plant will "gas" itself out meaning it will sacrifice its own nutrients to produce. You end up with a plant that yields little to nothing.

Organikz

Organikz

those two pots in the back are filled with coots and happy healthy afghani x critical mass (green pot), deathstar(orange),
but Im going to upgrade the 1 gallon to 15 gallon geo pot after this "run"
there you go bro. i just didn't want you to be a statistic. My first no till grow was done in 5g buckets and i almost left no till. That 15g will make you dance. I've run in 10g but it's not much to be had. 15g and up and you will produce.

In nature plant roots ride along the humus layer within the network of mycellium. mycellium can pass nutrients for miles. we look at our pots and think that's how roots grow...nope

Organikz

Organikz

100g of soil. 3.5 week veg from dry beans...church...preach! Rehydrated kelp water makes them pray to jesus! Now today i feed coconut water to focus a good swell since that kelp meal water has helped assimilate so much sugar. I know @brazel is against these focused inputs but hey why not right...knock 2 weeks off of a 10 week strain...1 week off of an 8 week strain. I will back off after this...coconut water has a lot of potassium and magnesium...don't want to overdo it. I've also seen a cytokinin sensitivity...overloading a plant with cytokinin throws it out of wack

20180105 081330
Last edited:
brazel

brazel

100g of soil. 3.5 week veg from dry beans...church...preach! Rehydrated kelp water makes them pray to jesus! Now today i feed coconut water to focus a good swell since that kelp meal water has helped assimilate so much sugar. I know @brazel is against these focused inputs but hey why not right...knock 2 weeks off of a 10 week strain...1 week off of an 8 week strain. I will back off after this...coconut water has a lot of potassium and magnesium...don't want to overdo it. I've also seen a cytokinin sensitivity...overloading a plant with cytokinin throws it out of wack
Love kelp! Coconut water I don't have a use for and you know I'm against using things I don't need. But i do recommend it! if I need I'll use it :)

Top Bottom