No-till In A 1 Gallon Pot (lol)

• Thread starter coloradoBTC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

hello farmers and welcome to this thread
in my enthusiasm to start no-till and my inability to follow directions, I have managed to fill a 1 gallon pot with clackmas coot in the bottom, and a mix of sphagum/compost/pumice above it
now I realize that this is nowhere close to the volume needed to create a proper food web
but we're doing this shit
View attachment 769064
this is a deathstar s1 that has been flipped to 12/12 for a few days now
already starting to see some warning signs, like twisted leaves
I hope this grow provides info to other farmers and welcome any suggestions (except repotting)​

In the 1 gallon pot, I think you'll run in to a watering problems first and foremost. I've flowered plants a little bigger than that in 3 gallons, and watering becomes tricky. Plants can't make it through a full light cycle without a 2nd watering.

When you start having a hard time keeping them wet, do a double water (it's good practice any time really): Let's say you water with 1/2gallon normally. To double water, water with 1/4 gallon, and then wait for 20 minutes (or more), and add the other 1/4 gallon. When your plant is pot bound and the soil dry, your initial watering will find little paths along the roots, and it will all drain out the bottom of the pot. Think of a bone dry sponge, and what happens when you first pour water on it. Letting the soil wet first, then saturating, will allow you to get more water in that pot!

Also, make sure you have a tray under pot. When the water runs through pot and pools underneath, the plant will suck the water back up over the next 30 minutes.

Also, adding a mulch will help keep moisture in.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

Deathstar

here is the deathstar s1 when I grew it from seed

I used bat guano, or at least thats what the "buddha " bottles said
Dsd

Last edited:
coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

here are the lights. 2 custom LEDs built back when COBs were first starting to get popular, thats what started all this
then I picked up a 400w HPS and the first round was in the winter so it was all good. this summer I am either going to turn it off or figure out better cooling
20180114 012026
20180114 011918
20180114 011839

K

kansabis

Looking really good man,inspiring me since I'm in 1 gallon pots and was told cant do no till that small,I'd say your proof that is wrong,at least so far so don't screw up lol

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

I looked but couldn't find it.
I seen Klakamus signs on highway 5. but no coots signs.
I apologize try this link my friend

https://web.archive.org/web/2017071...ganicinvalid.com/subcools-super-soil-improved

DAT

DAT

That one didn’t work either. Don’t worry about it man.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

That one didn’t work either. Don’t worry about it man.
ok Ill stop worrying if this one last try does not work http://bit.ly/2E0Aw2k
what happened was the original site got shut down, so I tried to give you a cached version. that only works with my browsers cache, so I tried a wayback machine link. it works but you cant put the word "marijuana" in a link on thcfarner.com, so it showed up as the "invalid" LOL
I used a link shortener this time so if http://bit.ly/2E0Aw2k does nothing I know nothing

Top Bottom