Non-staining Hydroponic Nutrients

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Right now I'm using general hydroponics Flora series nutrients. My biggest problem with these nutrients besides salt buildup is also their ability to stain the roots. Next time around I'd like to use some nutrients that don't cause me to question the health of my roots all the time.

Don't get me wrong I know they're fine because one they don't smell too they have individual hairs and three my plants are rock's. To some who aren't aware of General Hydroponics ability to stain healthy Roots these may appear to have root rot but trust me they don't.

Non staining hydroponic nutrients
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right now I'm using general hydroponics Flora series nutrients. My biggest problem with these nutrients besides salt buildup is also their ability to stain the roots. Next time around I'd like to use some nutrients that don't cause me to question the health of my roots all the time.

Don't get me wrong I know they're fine because one they don't smell too they have individual hairs and three my plants are rock's. To some who aren't aware of General Hydroponics ability to stain healthy Roots these may appear to have root rot but trust me they don't.

It's the humic acid that turns roots tan.

I use pure Blend Pro and that happens a bit too.

I liked the Kind Trio (I would only use base and grow bottles) it has seaweed added but no humic. It left my roots white.

DGP

DGP

Thanks for pointing this out, I was also questioning the color of my plants roots but like yours my plants seem fine and the root growth is very branchy and vigorous. A good thing to know....

Thanks again,

DP

P

Pimples

If you want the non stained roots you have to lay off the humic/kelps and other coffee colored additives. As well as base nutrients that use artificial dyes as well (why they do this to this day I dont know). One of the only commercial hyrdoponic brands I know of that touts no dyes is the old school DNF. Dutch Nutrient Formula. Clear as water. And still available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom