Noob In Need Of Help

• Thread starter Aslan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aslan

Hello, I've been growing Hindu Kush Auto from Sensi seeds and I'm starting to have some major discolorations and troubles. I've searched the net for answers but I genuinely have no idea what the problem is.

I started the autos outside but due to heavy rain and cold climate I moved them inside. Since then the leaves have started getting spots, curling and just looking horrible in general. I have fed them a few times intermittently with biobloom, about 1/2 dose, and I water them regularly with pH-controlled water.

I'll post images of the plant and hopefully some of you can help me with this, I'm really clueless. Thankful for any tips
Noob in need of help 3

Noob in need of help
Noob in need of help 2
Noob in need of help 4
Dunge

Dunge

I am willing to suggest that your plant is in such bad shape that you might want to start another seed.
I have to think your roots are dead, from drowning, or bugs, of some dramatic insult.

Tip her out of the pot and have a look (pic).

The problem is, even if you can identify the culprit, so much damage is done that recovery would take as long as growing another plant.

Hope I'm wrong.
Good luck.

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hello, I've been growing Hindu Kush Auto from Sensi seeds and I'm starting to have some major discolorations and troubles. I've searched the net for answers but I genuinely have no idea what the problem is.

I started the autos outside but due to heavy rain and cold climate I moved them inside. Since then the leaves have started getting spots, curling and just looking horrible in general. I have fed them a few times intermittently with biobloom, about 1/2 dose, and I water them regularly with pH-controlled water.

I'll post images of the plant and hopefully some of you can help me with this, I'm really clueless. Thankful for any tipsView attachment 754412
Could be mag deficiency or mites. I have to agree with Dunge, it's pretty far along in it's destruction. Check the back of the leaves for small, very small critters. If no bugs, you could try feeding 1tbs of Epsom salts in a gallon of water and maybe some Epsom foliar spray. Wont hurt.

A

Aslan

I am willing to suggest that your plant is in such bad shape that you might want to start another seed.
I have to think your roots are dead, from drowning, or bugs, of some dramatic insult.

Tip her out of the pot and have a look (pic).

The problem is, even if you can identify the culprit, so much damage is done that recovery would take as long as growing another plant.

Hope I'm wrong.
Good luck.
What's weird is that it looked fine until maybe a week ago.. I read that the curled leaftips could mean Nitro toxicity, what do you think? I sprayed the plant with a neem oil solution for the mites and bugs both while it was still growing outside and after I took it inside, and there's no signs of mites or bugs, I've been checking with magnifier all over.

Is there anything I can try as a hail Mary? Flushing the soil perhaps? IDK I really just want to hope lol

BudBogart

BudBogart

What's weird is that it looked fine until maybe a week ago.. I read that the curled leaftips could mean Nitro toxicity, what do you think? I sprayed the plant with a neem oil solution for the mites and bugs both while it was still growing outside and after I took it inside, and there's no signs of mites or bugs, I've been checking with magnifier all over.

Is there anything I can try as a hail Mary? Flushing the soil perhaps? IDK I really just want to hope lol

Instead of flush, I would first, find out what is eating the leaves as several have bites taken out, but probably not your only problem. I would examine the roots letting as much soil drop away as I could get away with, and then transplant in new soil and pot. And yes, if I had more seeds I would be on them.
Hey guys that know, can need oil make the leaves weird but like that if applied wrong?

A

Aslan

Either it didn't make it through the coconut pot in the first place, or the roots where that bad.. Guess I'll start over, thanks for the help, would have wasted more time on it without your guidance for sure.

BudBogart

BudBogart

View attachment 754423 Either it didn't make it through the coconut pot in the first place, or the roots where that bad.. Guess I'll start over, thanks for the help, would have wasted more time on it without your guidance for sure.

I suspect your coconut pot made a barrier between, preventing roots to spread but also trapping too much water on one side or the other. Inside by looks of it. Those peat pots and I guess coco pots just don't degrade fast enough, mho. If you do have mites or other micro problems started, take proper cleaning steps before hatching another. Best of growing to you.

A

Aslan

I suspect your coconut pot made a barrier between, preventing roots to spread but also trapping too much water on one side or the other. Inside by looks of it. Those peat pots and I guess coco pots just don't degrade fast enough, mho. If you do have mites or other micro problems started, take proper cleaning steps before hatching another. Best of growing to you.
I checked the soil and found plenty of roots, they seem to have rotted..

I had leaf eaters on the plant the first weeks they were outside, before I got the neem oil. I've checked all over both my plants with a magnifying glass and I'm confident there's no pests, so I'll just buy some more soil, and maybe some vermiculite and Leca to help with the draining, the soil I had was too dense. I probably won't use the coco pots this time, because they probably restricted rooting. Thanks again guys!

brazel

brazel

I'll post images of the plant and hopefully some of you can help me with this, I'm really clueless. Thankful for any tipsView attachment 754412
Wash all that dirt off and the plant, then throw the whole plant in with the roots into a shake and call it good

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Sorry about your grow, learn and continue on. That was a pretty mature plant for the ccpot. Stage your grow. Loosen your soil. Coco with pearlite and vermiculite works awesome. But more attention is needed between watering. The pots get light faster. I do 30+% pearl, 10% verc, with the coco. (By volume) Start in the solos. Veg them for 3 weeks from seed. Transplant into 1gal. until sex is known for sure. Hookers are ready for the 3g pots and sacks die. Now some times girls may be stranded for life here. But, some ladies want bigger houses. Roots need to run. When you pull your ladies for their next home and see all them white bud making roots, oh yeah. Don't over think it. I've grown solo cups to 7 gallon buckets in my closet. Top self. beyond.

1204161655a
Last edited:
A

Aslan

Sorry about your grow, learn and continue on. That was a pretty mature plant for the ccpot. Stage your grow. Loosen your soil. Coco with pearlite and vermiculite works awesome. But more attention is needed between watering. The pots get light faster. I do 30+% pearl, 10% verc, with the coco. (By volume) Start in the solos. Veg them for 3 weeks from seed. Transplant into 1gal. until sex is known for sure. Hookers are ready for the 3g pots and sacks die. Now some times girls may be stranded for life here. But, some ladies want bigger houses. Roots need to run. When you pull your ladies for their next home and see all them white bud making roots, oh yeah. Don't over think it. I've grown solo cups to 7 gallon buckets in my closet. Top self. beyond.
I'm growing feminized autoflowers so light schedule isn't a concern, and I'm avoiding transplanting because apparently autos don't like that, hence the coconut pot, so I could get the seedlings started inside and then easily transport outside and put directly into the larger pot without uprooting it. Hauling the pots back home once I realized they wouldn't make it in mother nature was a real pain haha..

But I'll your tips in mind once I've figured out how to grow the easier autos lol.

Lighter soil, better drainage, lighter NPK mix (2 plants got severe note burn and then got stunted, still have one of those, entering flowering at an astounding 6 inches tall ). I knew I wouldn't be a master grower at the 1st try, but this is just laughable. Whatever, glad I joined the forums, now I might even get a good grow!

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I'm growing feminized autoflowers so light schedule isn't a concern, and I'm avoiding transplanting because apparently autos don't like that, hence the coconut pot, so I could get the seedlings started inside and then easily transport outside and put directly into the larger pot without uprooting it. Hauling the pots back home once I realized they wouldn't make it in mother nature was a real pain haha..

But I'll your tips in mind once I've figured out how to grow the easier autos lol.

Lighter soil, better drainage, lighter NPK mix (2 plants got severe note burn and then got stunted, still have one of those, entering flowering at an astounding 6 inches tall ). I knew I wouldn't be a master grower at the 1st try, but this is just laughable. Whatever, glad I joined the forums, now I might even get a good grow!
Every grower goes through something that makes them say, WTF. I had six females outside last summer. Everything was perfect. I prep my own tea from scratch. I had become so cocky I had stopped ppm, ph, used hose water and so on. Well 4 of them just strait up died. No hope without a severe chop and crop and start all over again. 2 "survived" with some hope of recovery. Cut away the bad and gave them 2 more months of veg and 9 weeks of flower and I did manage to pull a qp off them. The buds were small but very good quality. Would I do it again, no. But I had to see if I could. The more you grow, the more you know. I never heard autos not liking transplanting. I've done autos 2 times and never thought any different about my style of grow. I've never had luck staring in a final pot. Just superstitious I guess. Everyone says it's just a weed. Water it and it will grow. But I think it's a new grow world out there. The genetics of todays seeds and clones require time attention and love to be all they can be. You'll get this shit down, no worries. Be on top of your grow from seed to harvest. You see something not quite right, address it then, not later. Peace.

dan1989

dan1989

Condolences dude. Please try not to get disheartened by this. My first grow was a complete disaster. You'll try again, it will be better, then the time after that better still. My current one plant grow I thought I'd killed her, then bounced her back. Your time will come. Learn from this. Hope to see you posting up a new thread soon!

A

Aslan

Every grower goes through something that makes them say, WTF. I had six females outside last summer. Everything was perfect. I prep my own tea from scratch. I had become so cocky I had stopped ppm, ph, used hose water and so on. Well 4 of them just strait up died. No hope without a severe chop and crop and start all over again. 2 "survived" with some hope of recovery. Cut away the bad and gave them 2 more months of veg and 9 weeks of flower and I did manage to pull a qp off them. The buds were small but very good quality. Would I do it again, no. But I had to see if I could. The more you grow, the more you know. I never heard autos not liking transplanting. I've done autos 2 times and never thought any different about my style of grow. I've never had luck staring in a final pot. Just superstitious I guess. Everyone says it's just a weed. Water it and it will grow. But I think it's a new grow world out there. The genetics of todays seeds and clones require time attention and love to be all they can be. You'll get this shit down, no worries. Be on top of your grow from seed to harvest. You see something not quite right, address it then, not later. Peace.

Condolences dude. Please try not to get disheartened by this. My first grow was a complete disaster. You'll try again, it will be better, then the time after that better still. My current one plant grow I thought I'd killed her, then bounced her back. Your time will come. Learn from this. Hope to see you posting up a new thread soon!
Thanks guys! Definitely gonna make a thread about the next grow, got som leca and some lighter soil, new seed is in water AWS. Still have that plant left that hasn't grown well but I might just run that one as a comparison/experiment to see if I can make it work.

This next grow, since I'm starting it inside and have better soil and controlled watering I'm expecting to at least get a harvest. I feel very welcomed by all of you, thanks for the help!

brazel

brazel

I've always known autos don't like transplanting and small harvest regardless... that being said the last time I grew an auto was 2011 or 12 it's been awhile.
Things have changed!!! @heisenbubble showed me you can transplant them and pull a proper harvest, I was blown away and stoked to hear this! Never stop learning!

Top Bottom