Noob Wants Totop Or Fim

• Thread starter BobaJob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

here are a few thing to consider with Scrog's
1) allow 50-60% of the grid to be covered before switching to 12/12 with Sativa's and 70-80% with Indica strains
2) Scrog = 10 inches above plant
3) once branches are above "grid" by 6 inches than "weave" the branches

BobaJob

BobaJob

Dry weight tends to be 20%-25% of qet weight.

Gpw is a bit of an inacurate measure as veg time should be considered but its ok to judge our own results and improvements.

1 gpw with 600 watts of light would be 600 grams. I have done a bit better with my hps and 4 known clones. But average right around .9 with 4 plants in a 4x4 area. When grown together. I stagger my grow now.

I'm a bit confused.com lol. So, you got a bit more than 600g. Is that dried ready to smoke green or 'get' weight? I'd be over the moon to get that.

Thanks again

Peace.

BobaJob

BobaJob

here are a few thing to consider with Scrog's
1) allow 50-60% of the grid to be covered before switching to 12/12 with Sativa's and 70-80% with Indica strains

2) Scrog = 10 inches above plant
3) once branches are above "grid" by 6 inches than "weave" the branches

That's for the guide if I May ask a few questions just to get a few things clear. So my Critical girls are mostly Indica. If I understand you correctly I would fix my net 10" above the plants and then top/fim and once the branches are 6" above net, start weaving them through the holes to get the bud sites evenly spread and then flower them?

I have to mention that I have a parabolic shade with a vertical lamp so I've made an alread bad situation worse in terms of height. That's why I'm thinking to top/fim now and start training/weaving them inn the net now. However I'm worried that the main stems aren't substantial enough to deal with it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm a bit confused.com lol. So, you got a bit more than 600g. Is that dried ready to smoke green or 'get' weight? I'd be over the moon to get that.

Thanks again

Peace.

No. My first grow I got 15 oz dry. It was weighed after a week drying in the closet i set up.

2 years later with known cuttings i was running i got more than 600 grams dry. Which is just over 21 oz.

We dont really weigh wet weed. Just cut the plant into branches amd hang dry. But ot would be at least 4x more like 5x the dry weight.

Also we dry trim the bud leaves off before weighing.

BobaJob

BobaJob

No. My first grow I got 15 oz dry. It was weighed after a week drying in the closet i set up.

2 years later with known cuttings i was running i got more than 600 grams dry. Which is just over 21 oz.

We dont really weigh wet weed. Just cut the plant into branches amd hang dry. But ot would be at least 4x more like 5x the dry weight.

Also we dry trim the bud leaves off before weighing.

I'm starting to get excited now lol. I read average is about 0.5 gpw. I'd be happy with that but 400/500 or even 600.... I'd only have to do 1 grow a year. Lol.

H

hawkman

That's for the guide if I May ask a few questions just to get a few things clear. So my Critical girls are mostly Indica. If I understand you correctly I would fix my net 10" above the plants and then top/fim and once the branches are 6" above net, start weaving them through the holes to get the bud sites evenly spread and then flower them?

I have to mention that I have a parabolic shade with a vertical lamp so I've made an alread bad situation worse in terms of height. That's why I'm thinking to top/fim now and start training/weaving them inn the net now. However I'm worried that the main stems aren't substantial enough to deal with it.

right !! you have it alao WHEN 6-8 INCHES tall the main center stem should be cut off or topped

Top Bottom