Northern Ca Flowering Times, Topping Mistakes?

• Thread starter Mr.growz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Hello fellow farmers, I am curious as to what would be a general time for most strains to flower outdoors in northern Cali. I have been watching times of light of day getting a little shorter everyday. My second question is when would you top last before flowering (OUTDOORS KEEP IN MIND). Reason I ask is I topped and they grew pistols within a day..so I know I'm starting to flower. All six of my strains are different and receive 9 hrs direct light and 5.3 hrs indirect..

DGP

DGP

I am in Oregon so not a lot farther N. I didn't top any of my plants this year just trained them out from the center on bamboo stakes to keep the center of the plant clear and air moving through. Now they are nice big round bushy 6 footers. My guess is you'll see some early signs of flower by the end of July. Pre-flowers sooner and full flower around mid August or so. Outside it isn't such a profound flip but a slow change. I can already see a change in the top growth that indicates they are close.

The pistils you saw after topping could just be pre-flowers that are just indicating the plant is sexually mature.

Dee

Cola Monster

Cola Monster

Plants here in Northern California from my experience start showing signs of flowering around the first or second week of August depending on the strain.

Cola Monster

Cola Monster

I was just going back through some of my prior grows and saw that a couple of my personal indica dominant strains started flowering around the last week of July or so. I just wanted to verify it first before posting.

DGP

DGP

Its like calculating driving time in the Bay Area: "Depends on traffic". With cannabis: "Depends on the Strain". I think the end of this month (July) is a good estimate. We have strains in our grow that flip much quicker/earlier and then take less time in flower and some flip late and take longer but it is all interesting.

Dee

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

I stopped topping about a week ago GDP is popping nicely and all true other girls in my grow are now flowering for the last week. That's in nor cal around Chico
20180801 132532
20180801 132254
20180801 132401
20180801 132644
20180801 132609

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

There looking good! I had to move indoors to to SD smelling up the yard and a neighbor got nosey. I'm in a 4x4 and have imitated there normal light schedule since they went in a week ago 4 of em are definitely starting to flower 2 not so much yet but exhibit signs of sex. As of last night I pulled the lights for 24 hrs to move em to a 10pm to 10 am schedule due to heat and the electric bill. I should of got a 5x5 as I have crowding issues and a 1000 hos. And still tryna figure ventilation and it hasn't been hot yet where I live 130 minutes south of you

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

There looking good! I had to move indoors to to SD smelling up the yard and a neighbor got nosey. I'm in a 4x4 and have imitated there normal light schedule since they went in a week ago 4 of em are definitely starting to flower 2 not so much yet but exhibit signs of sex. As of last night I pulled the lights for 24 hrs to move em to a 10pm to 10 am schedule due to heat and the electric bill. I should of got a 5x5 as I have crowding issues and a 1000 hos. And still tryna figure ventilation and it hasn't been hot yet where I live 130 minutes south of you
As for keeping the pg&e down I was running 3 to 3 worked go for the bill plus matched my work hours. My back yard is starting to smell like someone shit out pine soul everywhere.
Anyway happy heavy grows my friends

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

As for keeping the pg&e down I was running 3 to 3 worked go for the bill plus matched my work hours. My back yard is starting to smell like someone shit out pine soul everywhere.
Anyway happy heavy grows my friends
What's the temps up there? Aren't they over a hundred?

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

This is the first week in like the last 3 that we are not in the Tripple widgets. This week is high 90's. So everyone is loving that. Where are you? The Lodi area?

Top Bottom