*not Cannabis* Well Shit.! Check The Pic.

• Thread starter McNaughty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah i initially thought tick in a panic because of my pups but the fellas here helped with an id.
Though ticks are something i have to keep a close watch for..

I hear ya on starts outside, seems anything that attempts to grow outside is like a magnet for bugs..
My being so new to gardening in general i never knew how many and just how small these garden bug bastards can be. Also the damage they can do.. Makes me wish my old nan was still alive to ask her, she could plant a dead stick and make it grow healthy again.

Cheers mate, yes postage is an absolute killer.. I do keep seeing this "pyrethrin" pop up in almost everything I've been reading. I'm going to have to give it a crack..
The neem doesnt look like its done anything. Maybe knocked a few off but sprayed last night and this afternoon wjen i looked, was still very easy to flip a few leaves and spot aphids..
Never heard of a thermal fogger, something i need to look up

Foggers are about as good as it gets for insecticide applications. Spraying plants with pump sprayers work pretty well if the nozzle is set for a fine enough mist but even if you drench the plants they won't reach the little crevices due to the surface tension of water. Fog gets into those places and propane foggers are as cheap as $60-$70(US). You'll need 1lb propane bottles (they're about $5 ea here. I refill mine off of 20lb tanks for less than $1.) Probably a good idea to get a cheap respirator just in case wind blows it back at you.

This is the one I have. Got it for free from my neighbor. Runs about $90(US) but there are much cheaper, better rated foggers.
81MXYP8nTsL AC SL1500
Fogging bushes 2

Before you buy any insecticides make sure they are made to be used in one or if use requires a surfactant.

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Pyrethrin is found in nearly every bug spray that you can buy and is pretty safe, although some will dispute this. It's natural and made from crushed flowers and I've never had any issues, but that is my experience. The photo of the aphids was a little blurry and looked a lot like a dog tick...at least to my old eyes.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

why not use something organic and safe for every animal? here you go even keeps cat away from my veggies,garlic,onions,ginger,every damn mexican peper your local store sell,including hot chili pepers,go to organic meals if your store has one,there is a type of branches,thin and hot as hell cant remember name of them,then pepermint,orange and lemon oil,then add lots of cheyen peper,take all that stuff and crush and or cut in small pieces, weigh it,match that weight with molasses need it all together,find a board that will fit in a sealed 5 gal bucket,put a brick on it to keep the insecticde from floating,put lid on and in the smaller lid as on paint container,put a 1/4 hole threw that cap,run 1/4 air hose 1 in inside of cap,put the lid on and make sure it air tight,run that air hose to a coke bottle with same 1/4 hole drilled threw cap,feed tube down to bottom of bottle and then put about half the bottle with water,dont screw lid tight on the bottle but closed enough the hose stays at the bottom,then press down on the 5 gal bucket lid were it bubbles,smell your mix before closing the bucket lid ,remember that smell,smell like straight up chili,then wait about 1 week and it will start to gas off into the coke bottle,i live in high temps,only took 3 weeks to finish,right when you notice the smell change of it and a hint of ferment smell happens ,it done,sift off all solids and there you have a insectide,that is hot as hell but no danger to animals or you,unless you do dumb shit like me and wipe the sweat off your head and clean your glasses at same time,i asure you will hard experience you is gas and you will get somewere hahahah,i havent had any bugs,i even put it in my 2 gal sprayer and spray all around the slab and house window and all,and no bugs,once you get it finished ,just put it right back in the bucket and gas bottle,to store if you dig,if you really like tex mex food nice and hot,this will light your ass on fire bar none,lmao,i went to the feed store and got a 1 gal jug of deer food,the kind you put on corn and shit,all true mollases,bass pro shop or others like it sell it to,feed store sell it for 9 bucks,if you go horticulture molases,it same stuff but 10 bucks more,i made 3 gal when it said and done and goes a long way,in the garden i use 2 tbsp to a gal,for spraying around house double

McNaughty

McNaughty

why not use something organic and safe for every animal? here you go even keeps cat away from my veggies,garlic,onions,ginger,every damn mexican peper your local store sell,including hot chili pepers,go to organic meals if your store has one,there is a type of branches,thin and hot as hell cant remember name of them,then pepermint,orange and lemon oil,then add lots of cheyen peper,take all that stuff and crush and or cut in small pieces, weigh it,match that weight with molasses need it all together,find a board that will fit in a sealed 5 gal bucket,put a brick on it to keep the insecticde from floating,put lid on and in the smaller lid as on paint container,put a 1/4 hole threw that cap,run 1/4 air hose 1 in inside of cap,put the lid on and make sure it air tight,run that air hose to a coke bottle with same 1/4 hole drilled threw cap,feed tube down to bottom of bottle and then put about half the bottle with water,dont screw lid tight on the bottle but closed enough the hose stays at the bottom,then press down on the 5 gal bucket lid were it bubbles,smell your mix before closing the bucket lid ,remember that smell,smell like straight up chili,then wait about 1 week and it will start to gas off into the coke bottle,i live in high temps,only took 3 weeks to finish,right when you notice the smell change of it and a hint of ferment smell happens ,it done,sift off all solids and there you have a insectide,that is hot as hell but no danger to animals or you,unless you do dumb shit like me and wipe the sweat off your head and clean your glasses at same time,i asure you will hard experience you is gas and you will get somewere hahahah,i havent had any bugs,i even put it in my 2 gal sprayer and spray all around the slab and house window and all,and no bugs,once you get it finished ,just put it right back in the bucket and gas bottle,to store if you dig,if you really like tex mex food nice and hot,this will light your ass on fire bar none,lmao,i went to the feed store and got a 1 gal jug of deer food,the kind you put on corn and shit,all true mollases,bass pro shop or others like it sell it to,feed store sell it for 9 bucks,if you go horticulture molases,it same stuff but 10 bucks more,i made 3 gal when it said and done and goes a long way,in the garden i use 2 tbsp to a gal,for spraying around house double

Cheers for the recepie, going to swing by the market today and pick up everything i need.. looks like it will be one potent deal!

Top Bottom