Nova Ardent Lift Decarboxylator - Don't Buy !!!

• Thread starter pppp1500
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JacksonH

They contacted me by email on Saturday (which impressed me) and sent me an update on Sunday (impressed me even more) and they said that the silicone should have NO odor, which is precisely MY point. They are sending me a new silicone lid for free for my "inconvenience". They note that I may return my unit within 7 days IF IT IS NOT USED -- pretty shitty return policy.

I washed the lid with dish washing soap, have left it outside in the sun for hours, boiled it in water, soaked it in vinegar, put it through 3 cycles in the Lift, and boiled it again in a baking soda solution. Although it doesn't stink like it did when it first showed up, it still has some odor to it. I'll see what the new lid is like, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't have the same stink.

I think that I should have stuck with using my oven.

M

mm420

They contacted me by email on Saturday (which impressed me) and sent me an update on Sunday (impressed me even more) and they said that the silicone should have NO odor, which is precisely MY point. They are sending me a new silicone lid for free for my "inconvenience". They note that I may return my unit within 7 days IF IT IS NOT USED -- pretty shitty return policy.

I washed the lid with dish washing soap, have left it outside in the sun for hours, boiled it in water, soaked it in vinegar, put it through 3 cycles in the Lift, and boiled it again in a baking soda solution. Although it doesn't stink like it did when it first showed up, it still has some odor to it. I'll see what the new lid is like, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't have the same stink.

I think that I should have stuck with using my oven.

I'm having the exact same problem, the lid smells terribly and is obviously not food grade silicone

ThickBudz

ThickBudz

I have the same problem except i think it is coming from the unit itself. I noticed it right away when i received it. That smell i believe transfered into the silicone. The unit smells very strong like electrical. I cycled it several times to see if the smell goes away but the unit still smells the same. I smdid contact customer service, and had a dialoug going for a few weeks but the company never offered to replace the unit. Has anyone here have a unit that smell liilke electrical and if so has that smell transfered into your material?

Monkeysflying

Monkeysflying

Ardent Nova Lift worked 10 times before failing to heat and red light stays on. Out of warranty and can't be fixed. Offered a $75 coupon on a new $275 unit. Reviews all over the internet from people with same problem. I highly recommend staying away from this product.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not to mention, it's so super frickin easy to decarb in an oven using a little practice and ingenuity.
Gimmick. I've said it since I first saw it on the market.

quirk

quirk

My experience with the product and the company has been noting but 5 star since I purchased in 2016. Two months in, I dropped the unit while holding onto the cord, which pulled out of the unit. Ardent said to return for repair, paid for shipping and sent new unit, no charge, while other unit was in transit. For me the unit has been bulletproof, four and a half years and counting.

DSCN3365
ArdentROBBEDme2

ArdentROBBEDme2

2021 update: this company and products are still crap. Customer service has no returns, even on faulty items. They selectively ignore or choose to reply to some emails. Basically a $350 item that a competition [MagicalButter] now sells for $50. Ardent burned me badly! I think I will destroy my device [Office Space style!] While filming to share on YouTube 😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom