Nutrient Buildup In Soil

• Thread starter JDro man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JDro man

Hello fellow farmers,
I have some questions about nutrient buildup in promix while using vegan nutrients (vegamatrix).
A few years ago i started testing my runoff from my ladies and was startled at the results as I was only following manufacturers directions for feeding and was using the nutes with every watering and this led to ppm values being as high 6300 ppm on 1 of my girls while the others ranged from 4500 to 5500. There was no tell tale signs of lockout nothing wrong with the crop at all that I could see but the ppm was so high that I thought if nothing else im wasting alot of nutrients. So I changed up how I was feeding and I feed nutes 1 time per week and any other watering after that would be a tea or molasses and microbes depending on my plants stage of growth.
Now a friend and I are having a discussion about this and he tells me that he believes im losing out on alot of extra weight because I'm basically starving my girls or at least not pushing them to get the best and most that they can produce. I'm looking for intelligent insight into this so that I can optimize my style.
Thanks in advance to any participants

G gnome

G gnome

Hello fellow farmers,
I have some questions about nutrient buildup in promix while using vegan nutrients (vegamatrix).
A few years ago i started testing my runoff from my ladies and was startled at the results as I was only following manufacturers directions for feeding and was using the nutes with every watering and this led to ppm values being as high 6300 ppm on 1 of my girls while the others ranged from 4500 to 5500. There was no tell tale signs of lockout nothing wrong with the crop at all that I could see but the ppm was so high that I thought if nothing else im wasting alot of nutrients. So I changed up how I was feeding and I feed nutes 1 time per week and any other watering after that would be a tea or molasses and microbes depending on my plants stage of growth.
Now a friend and I are having a discussion about this and he tells me that he believes im losing out on alot of extra weight because I'm basically starving my girls or at least not pushing them to get the best and most that they can produce. I'm looking for intelligent insight into this so that I can optimize my style.
Testing runoff is inaccurate and unreliable. Ur friend is absolutely right imo. Go back to what werks for ya and forget what ur runoff ses

J

JDro man

What do u think about using nutrients with every feeding? Also I have been doing it exactly as I mentioned for around 3 years having great success but I wonder if I am losing out on weight or even quality. I forgot to mention that doing everything the way that i do now ive checked the runoff and the ppm is always between 1000 and 1500 depending on how strong I fed that week so it does seem as if there is at least some truth to the ppm I got from testing the runoff

G gnome

G gnome

What do u think about using nutrients with every feeding? Also I have been doing it exactly as I mentioned for around 3 years having great success but I wonder if I am losing out on weight or even quality. I forgot to mention that doing everything the way that i do now ive checked the runoff and the ppm is always between 1000 and 1500 depending on how strong I fed that week so it does seem as if there is at least some truth to the ppm I got from testing the runoff
I feed every watering. Nutrient uptake depends on a lotta factors tho. How good ur lighting is, how ur temps r, co2 levels , etc. All play a part. Like i sed b4...ur friend is absolutely right imo yes u are loosing out on weight. I dont test my runoff at all. Its a liar!

G gnome

G gnome

Heres how i know runoff is bullshit. If u take a completely inert medium that has no nutritional value right outta the bag filled a pot w it and watered w say 1000ppm and then immediately checked ur runoff its gonna say something retarded like 3000ppm. So, wudnt u say that if anything that medium shudda filtered some of those nutes and decreased it?

J

JDro man

Yes that makes sense and I didn't see any problems caused by the levels being so high.
So if u don't mind I have another question and possibly even more after that. Say u mix up your nutes according to manufacturers guidelines and your mix comes up with a ppm of 2200, would u still use that or would u dilute by nearly half. I try never to run my solution over 1500 ppm but this happens all the time and I'm unsure if I should be diluting it or use it as it is. I use recharge for microbes and it says it helps to prevent lockout and allows plants to take up more and through a broader ph spectrum. What do u think?

G gnome

G gnome

Yes that makes sense and I didn't see any problems caused by the levels being so high.
So if u don't mind I have another question and possibly even more after that. Say u mix up your nutes according to manufacturers guidelines and your mix comes up with a ppm of 2200, would u still use that or would u dilute by nearly half. I try never to run my solution over 1500 ppm but this happens all the time and I'm unsure if I should be diluting it or use it as it is. I use recharge for microbes and it says it helps to prevent lockout and allows plants to take up more and through a broader ph spectrum. What do u think?
I wud dillute it to the desired level. My philosophy is start low and gradually increase until u are more confident. . Its much easier to fix a deficiency than a lock out or build up imo.....

Microbes def facilitate nutrient uptake no doubt. Thats wby i make teas and i figure its also why im able to push my plants harder than most thus gettin above avg yields

J

JDro man

Would u mind sharing some info about what u do and why?
I wud dillute it to the desired level. My philosophy is start low and gradually increase until u are more confident. . Its much easier to fix a deficiency than a lock out or build up imo.....

Microbes def facilitate nutrient uptake no doubt. Thats wby i make teas and i figure its also why im able to push my plants harder than most thus gettin above avg yields

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hello fellow farmers,

I would have to agree with your friend I know in pro mix you are supost to feed every watering you should go off what your plants are telling you if they were fine before then doesn't matter what your ppm meter is saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

J

JDro man

Basically I was hoping u would walk me through a typical week in flower for your garden and I can compare to what im doing and allow to make changes as necessary. Right now I'm pulling around a lb and quarter from my 1k room without use of co2 doing everything the way that i do it and id love to drastically increase without adding co2.

J

JDro man

It feels like I have tried everything on the market use this or try that and it always end up being a waste of time or money or both and now I just want to grow the best crop possible in my 1k setup organic or veganic since I have the entire vegamatrix line up but I want simplicity to be the backbone of what i do while yielding at least 1gpw, that would be ideal if i could accomplish at least that.

G gnome

G gnome

Basically I was hoping u would walk me through a typical week in flower for your garden and I can compare to what im doing and allow to make changes as necessary. Right now I'm pulling around a lb and quarter from my 1k room without use of co2 doing everything the way that i do it and id love to drastically increase without adding co2.
its very realistic for u 2 damn near dbl those numbers
Ok....lets start w the end of veg. ....
I do somewhat of a plantlet style method......i flower my plants at 18-24in(topped once) depending on strain i always do 9 under a thousand. By the time i get to the size i wanna flip at i try to get up to 1000ppm at which point i flip em into flower. I then switch to a transitional mix of half bloom nutes and half veg nutes. I do that for the first wk after that i go to full bloom mix all the while i gradually increase nutrient strength in approx 10 or 20ppm increments. Its not uncommon for me to get up to 1800 or 2000ppm by the time its time to flush. As far as tea goes i use as much as i can and add it right to my nutrient mix and water it in. As far as mixing nutes goes....i use a 30 gal rez and mix 20 gal worth of general hydro 3 part mix into 30 gal of either ro water or half ro water and half tea. So i purposely mix it weak and then use flora Nova bloom to fine tune it to the exact number im lookin for.
Note: i also use calmag for the first 6 wks of flower and ok booster for the last 3wks b4 flush

Keep in mind im using de lights, co2 and air conditioning so my numbers might be higher than what wud work for u.
Downloadfile 2
:)

J

JDro man

Thanks so much that was very informative and will help me alot. What size space do 9 plants per light occupy in your garden. Also are feeding nutes with every watering or just once per week?

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks so much that was very informative and will help me alot. What size space do 9 plants per light occupy in your garden. Also are feeding nutes with every watering or just once per week?
6ftx6ft footprint but i rotate my plants every day . I feed every time i water

Top Bottom