Nutrient Deficiency? Calcium, Phosphorus Or Nitrogen? Please Help.

• Thread starter hkh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hkh

hkh

I've got a few autos going right now.Growing indoors in a 4×4 tent with two BestvaLED's - 1000w (180w draw) & 800w (150w draw). Organic Compost, Peat moss and Perlite mix in fabric pots and I'm not using nutes.

A few plants are showing brown spots on a few leaves and some are yellowing/Browning from the bottom up.

I had the lights down to a round 20" from the plants (they're just starting their 3rd week) and I raised them to 24" since I noticed the brown spots.

I read up plenty about different issues and I don't know what to make of this. I'm leaning towards a ph issue, but I always use 6.5ph water. I watered them 3 days ago last so I'm trying not to flush them out so soon after that.

Pics are of a Hindu Kush Auto & a mystery strain (I forgot to label this one). Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

What are you feeding em?

Yellowing from the bottom up usually means underfert

Reactions: hkh
hkh

hkh

I'm not feeding them anything and it's not just yellowing as you can see from the pics. From what I've read, autos really don't 'need to be given nutes.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Sorry, only just saw that the pics didn't get posted. Here they are.
There we go. Yellowing on the oldest leaves like that is normal.

As far as the nutes go I'd have to imagine you would benefit from at least a base nutrient

hkh

hkh

I used fishmeal in the past to treat nitrogen deficiencies, but that was for outdoor grows. I imagine that stink would suck indoors though. Unfortunately don't have access to proper nutes in the local market here.

Also, can you make anything of the other symptoms? Like the brown spots on the leaves and that yellowing at the base is coupled with nute burn too, which is why I was thinking ph.

Ceveres

Ceveres

How does it have nute burn if you aren't feeding it? Do you have a pic of the whole plant? Doesn't seem bad enough to be concerned yet based off those pics.

hkh

hkh

How does it have nute burn if you aren't feeding it? Do you have a pic of the whole plant? Doesn't seem bad enough to be concerned yet based off those pics.
The peat moss comes packed with some nutes, but I understand it's nothing heavy. Maybe it's something in the organic compost...I don't know. I did read several posts about Autos that they don't need the nutrients as much.

20171130 120652
20171130 120740
20171130 120807
20171130 120831
Ceveres

Ceveres

Idk man, it looks pretty healthy to me. It's not unusual for the cotyledons and first set of true leaves to yellow and fall off. If your whole plant starts to lighten in color then I would be concerned and maybe start considering a light nutrient solution or a top dress of some kind.

hkh

hkh

True...I've dealt with nitrogen deficiency in the past, but the brown spots and the burn running past the leaf tips makes me think that I might be dealing with a nutrient lockout cause of ph issues with the soil.

I'll keep an eye on them and I might have to raise the light (they're hanging 60cm above the canopy right now). I'll give them a flush in the next watering and if that doesn't fix it, I'll administer a light nutrient solution of some sort.

Thanks for your help @Ceveres :smoking:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you say your using compost and peat ,well my friend,dont know were you read you dont feed auto,but every living thing needs feed,so here is my suggestion for you,feed the plant microbes,the microbes eating the compost is your nutrients,,far as your plants go,they look great,i see were you have splashed some water on the leaf on one picture,the others are normal for bottom sets of leaves,the one pic that has a clue of nutrient burn and yes you could thing ph out of whack,saying that comes back to feeding,at the stage your in on growth,feed at least the fish fert,in veg they love all kinds of nitrogen,compost pretty much is your soil so give some microbes to the soil bet it will turn around for you,,this compost you speek ,is it a local bagged compost? or did you make it,there is solice co2 test that will tell you for sure were your at or need to be,,just my opinion doesnt mean im right,but with your media and running organic,keep microbes and soil life in mind

hkh

hkh

you say your using compost and peat ,well my friend,dont know were you read you dont feed auto,but every living thing needs feed,so here is my suggestion for you,feed the plant microbes,the microbes eating the compost is your nutrients,,far as your plants go,they look great,i see were you have splashed some water on the leaf on one picture,the others are normal for bottom sets of leaves,the one pic that has a clue of nutrient burn and yes you could thing ph out of whack,saying that comes back to feeding,at the stage your in on growth,feed at least the fish fert,in veg they love all kinds of nitrogen,compost pretty much is your soil so give some microbes to the soil bet it will turn around for you,,this compost you speek ,is it a local bagged compost? or did you make it,there is solice co2 test that will tell you for sure were your at or need to be,,just my opinion doesnt mean im right,but with your media and running organic,keep microbes and soil life in mind
Hey, thanks for your advice @oldskol4evr. The compost is local bagged compost.

I'll try feeding a couple plants a little fishmeal for their next watering, but I don't know what you mean by feeding them microbes. I figure the microbes are already in the compost? And what are you saying about a CO2 test? I didn't get it, sorry :)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey, thanks for your advice @oldskol4evr. The compost is local bagged compost.

I'll try feeding a couple plants a little fishmeal for their next watering, but I don't know what you mean by feeding them microbes. I figure the microbes are already in the compost? And what are you saying about a CO2 test? I didn't get it, sorry :)
the co2 test is for your soil or compost,you can screw up compost to dangeruse levels,microbes live in your soil and you have to feed them not your plant,plant takes what is needed from them,,look into,korean natrual farming technic,here is a link,,

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the co2 test is for your soil or compost,you can screw up compost to dangeruse levels,microbes live in your soil and you have to feed them not your plant,plant takes what is needed from them,,look into,korean natrual farming technic,here is a link,,
check out this guys series,and everything you want to know is there,,another thing,you using compost,maybe think about using nemotodes also,,compost has lot of unwanted things in it that we dont want in the house,and they will eat them

hkh

hkh

I'll check out the series and I'll look into nemotodes. I actually have the tent in my bedroom, so definitely want to take precaution. Thanks again!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'll check out the series and I'll look into nemotodes. I actually have the tent in my bedroom, so definitely want to take precaution. Thanks again!
the LAB is really easy to make and full of life when done,i just made a batch of FPJ yesterday,probally to much again but the stuff just gets better with age,now all these ingrediant on some of these nutrients you dont have to use what he is,i made my FPJ from fresh carrot tops and tomato plants,fermented plant juice is what it is,you will see in his video he uses banna flower,aint happening in my part of the world,hahah,,now the OHN orential herbal nutrients you do have to use them,but all can be sourced threw the internet,,but when you watch these video you will get the whole picture of what he does and there use,organic farmers dont feed plants we feed the soil,because you feed nutrients all day long and that plant only takes what it need if you dig were im at

hkh

hkh

For sure! I'm getting it...I was told that the local compost is pretty good. We don't have access to a lot of newer fertilizer or soil options, so everyone uses the traditional stuff. I just started this tent a few weeks ago, so still working on perfecting the environment in there.

I'm definitely getting brown spots on leaves that look like burns (not on the edges, could be in the middle, to the side, wherever the light is hitting), so I hung the lights around 25" away from the canopy now. These chinese led's are confusing cause they say that they're 800w & 1000w, but they actually draw 150w & 180w. The manufacturer recommended hanging them as high as 30"-36" from the canopy, but I looked up a couple growers using the same or similar lights and they had them as close as 18" - 20" during veg, which is definitely not working for me.

20171130 180157
20171130 180147
20171130 180002
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

For sure! I'm getting it...I was told that the local compost is pretty good. We don't have access to a lot of newer fertilizer or soil options, so everyone uses the traditional stuff. I just started this tent a few weeks ago, so still working on perfecting the environment in there.

I'm definitely getting brown spots on leaves that look like burns (not on the edges, could be in the middle, to the side, wherever the light is hitting), so I hung the lights around 25" away from the canopy now. These chinese led's are confusing cause they say that they're 800w & 1000w, but they actually draw 150w & 180w. The manufacturer recommended hanging them as high as 30"-36" from the canopy, but I looked up a couple growers using the same or similar lights and they had them as close as 18" - 20" during veg, which is definitely not working for me.
that sure looks like water splash to me,but who knows ,i got 2 of them cheap 300 watt led lights,i have one in the veg cabinet now,it is only 14 inch above my tallest plant,and they seem to like it,i should be harvesting flower tent this weekend and im going with 2 /300 watt chinese brand lights in the 2 x 4x 5 tent,,these damn hangers the come with suck,so time to adapt and overcome hahah

hkh

hkh

I was just looking at them right now and was thinking that maybe I did get some water droplets on em, which might have caused magnification of the light and burned them?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I was just looking at them right now and was thinking that maybe I did get some water droplets on em, which might have caused magnification of the light and burned them?
yep cant always tell with the eye balls,but when you see it in a picture you can,i had 2 bluedream i breed and was showing the guys the stud used and didnt even see the spider web on the bastard to i posted the picture,lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom