Nutrient Deficiency/lockout

• Thread starter Canna689
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canna689

Canna689

First time grow i will give as much info as possible and let me know if you need more im at a loss because everything was going so well. I am just about to flip to 12/12 but i would like to figure this out first. Info as follows:

5 white widow (almost all the issues except last pic)
5 green crack (only showing slight yellow on outer leaves of lower branch on only 2 plants... other than that quite resilient) - first pic

Day 58 from seed.
growing in coco/perlite mix 70/30
5 gallon fabric pots
1 gallon per feed
2 gallons on flush
1.5 week ago this all started so we flushed twice and the problem has still persisted (slight growth stunt as well)
Been using coco ab gradually until nute burn happened, then we flushed twice with nothing but ph water (tap at 150ppm) runoff at 1400
also use calmag sporadically (when i feel its needed... trying to figure out when its needed and not)
ph at 5.8 consistently (recalibrated recently)
600w lights... temps between 75-85 humidity between 35-50
last two feedings have been like 75% of what we were doing pre nute burn.

Nutrient deficiencylockout
Nutrient deficiencylockout 2
Nutrient deficiencylockout 3
Nutrient deficiencylockout 4
Nutrient deficiencylockout 5
Nutrient deficiencylockout 6
Nutrient deficiencylockout 7
Nutrient deficiencylockout 8
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Wow, sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. So you're saying the last two flushes have gone in at 150ppm and come out at 1400ppm. I'd say its a toxicity from salt buildup. I'm still new at coco so maybe someone more experienced with chime right in and give us the skinny.

What nutrient level have you been feeding (ppm)? Still in veg? How often are you watering, and do you water to runoff?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

bro if that is right, in at 150 out at 1400 ppm? We got problems..
First is your meter .5 or .7 conversion?
What ppm were you feeding them at?
What ppm are you feeding now?
How cold does it get lights off??
Does the water/feed you give her sit on a cold cold cold floor?
Do the pots?

How big our your pots?

Canna689

Canna689

Water going in for flush was about 300ppm... 1400 was the very first bit of water tested.... got it down to 300 with about 2 gallons per plant. I'm not sure what the conversion on my meter is unfortunately but i know for a fact it wasn't crazy amount of nutes... (8 ml per gallon of canna a and b each and maybe 3 or 4 ml of calmag). They have been om 24 hpurs so no lights off.... just did 2 feeds ( one at 600ppm and made sure runoff was the same... next I did 900ppm and same with runoff... they look better maybe but I can't really tell because the damaged leaves were everywhere

Canna689

Canna689

Id like to know what ppl think of the leaf damage... magnesium deficiency maybe? It didn't start at lower growth ... affected the healthiest leaves actually. My next thought is to try Epsom salt.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Water going in for flush was about 300ppm... 1400 was the very first bit of water tested.... got it down to 300 with about 2 gallons per plant. I'm not sure what the conversion on my meter is unfortunately but i know for a fact it wasn't crazy amount of nutes... (8 ml per gallon of canna a and b each and maybe 3 or 4 ml of calmag). They have been om 24 hpurs so no lights off.... just did 2 feeds ( one at 600ppm and made sure runoff was the same... next I did 900ppm and same with runoff... they look better maybe but I can't really tell because the damaged leaves were everywhere
where are you getting you should be at 900 ppm?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lol yea I got that much... but I don't think my nutes were that crazy in terms of amounts... they are just about to go into flower and using only 8ml each of a and b?
please hold back for a min..
I know im a nobody but please listen for a sec...
I need to research your nutes a little further, but 900 ppm is at the high end of the spectrum. 1400 is what you see...
Im gonna guess that you are letting the coco dry out to much between waterings..
I recommend you remove all the leaves that are shit, and you flush the plant down to 700 ppm and water 2 times a day during lights on. Let them rebuild healthy leaves and then flip..
Just some friendly advice...
And I would also feed some +life or something comparable to the plants once a week

Canna689

Canna689

please hold back for a min..
I know im a nobody but please listen for a sec...
I need to research your nutes a little further, but 900 ppm is at the high end of the spectrum. 1400 is what you see...
Im gonna guess that you are letting the coco dry out to much between waterings..
I recommend you remove all the leaves that are shit, and you flush the plant down to 700 ppm and water 2 times a day during lights on. Let them rebuild healthy leaves and then flip..
Just some friendly advice...
And I would also feed some +life or something comparable to the plants once a week

I was watering every other day so ya unfortunately they were drying out too much imo.... strange thing is the white widows were much wetter than my green crack and they are the ones with issues ( I know I shouldn't compare strains just trying to isolate specific issue... I have switched to every day water now but I'm about to go away and they will be fed every other day again for 4 days

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's weak compared to what most ppl use with nutes at this stage
bro I just looked at your feed chart for canna coco a & B...
I think i see where your making your mistake..
It say 763 ppm for Veg. Are you reading the second number which I think is in .7 scale
And first off, you cant set your ppm to them charts, they are way over blown and exactly what you see is what happens when you raise the ppm to high...
esp if you aint getting run off..
plus you are using tap at 150 ppm...
Your burning the shit out of them..

Son your heading into turn 3 like Dale Earnhardt...
I still stand behind the advice I gave you earlier...
If you take my advice they live and we flower in 14 to 17 days..
You dont, and well, another 72 hrs under 900+ ppm
and the only green they will be seeing is
Walking that green mile.................................................................

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I was watering every other day so ya unfortunately they were drying out too much imo.... strange thing is the white widows were much wetter than my green crack and they are the ones with issues ( I know I shouldn't compare strains just trying to isolate specific issue... I have switched to every day water now but I'm about to go away and they will be fed every other day again for 4 days
you cant grow in coco like that. Your gonna have problems non stop... You need to build you a lil drip to waste set up to water for you...
Well bro, if they die and you get some more seeds, you tag me and I help you to make sure they dont die...
The reason your plants is unhealthy is because you are not using the proper watering techniques and your causing salt build up... Besides that you would prob be a master grower.. In 2 weeks I could have you whipped into shape :)
Welcome to the farm homie!

Canna689

Canna689

bro I just looked at your feed chart for canna coco a & B...
I think i see where your making your mistake..
It say 763 ppm for Veg. Are you reading the second number which I think is in .7 scale
And first off, you cant set your ppm to them charts, they are way over blown and exactly what you see is what happens when you raise the ppm to high...
esp if you aint getting run off..
plus you are using tap at 150 ppm...
Your burning the shit out of them..

Son your heading into turn 3 like Dale Earnhardt...
I still stand behind the advice I gave you earlier...
If you take my advice they live and we flower in 14 to 17 days..
You dont, and well, another 72 hrs under 900+ ppm
and the only green they will be seeing is
Walking that green mile.................................................................
I think you are right however when I look on the canna site it's calling for 50ml per 5 gallon reservoir... I'm only adding 26ml each of a and b.... maybe my tds meter is off... I can't figure out wether it's. 5 or .7 ... it's a palintest pt153s.
Regardless I'm going to water again tomorrow at around 600ppm till runoff... and pray they survive the 4 days I'm gone with one feeding in between. I'll look into a drip system... my first grow and everything was going so well!!! Guess it had to happen at some point ... Also green cracks are absolutely beautiful!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think you are right however when I look on the canna site it's calling for 50ml per 5 gallon reservoir... I'm only adding 26ml each of a and b.... maybe my tds meter is off... I can't figure out wether it's. 5 or .7 ... it's a palintest pt153s.
Regardless I'm going to water again tomorrow at around 600ppm till runoff... and pray they survive the 4 days I'm gone with one feeding in between. I'll look into a drip system... my first grow and everything was going so well!!! Guess it had to happen at some point ... Also green cracks are absolutely beautiful!
Does yours read EC, as well as tds? I think yours is a .7
If It has EC measurement, just use that . Every .1 = 50 ppm
Lastly drop your ppm to 600 or 1.2 ec..

Are you from the UK?

bicky studs

bicky studs

well i guess first step would be work out ur ppm meter...:cool:
so if you mix 12ml a and 12ml b to 5l of ro water....0ppm you will get around 650-670ppm.... imo the chart from canna has the wrong ppm in the last column i think itsays 550 at that mix. i recalibrated twice to come to this conclusion:mad:
so take it from the chart njust add your tap ppm+100 n thats ur ca. ppm.
try that mix n see what urs measures....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

well i guess first step would be work out ur ppm meter...:cool:
so if you mix 12ml a and 12ml b to 5l of ro water....0ppm you will get around 650-670ppm.... imo the chart from canna has the wrong ppm in the last column i think itsays 550 at that mix. i recalibrated twice to come to this conclusion:mad:
so take it from the chart njust add your tap ppm+100 n thats ur ca. ppm.
try that mix n see what urs measures....
U guys both from across the pond? So maybe we interpret things diff..
what is ca. ppm?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom