Nutrient In Ph Vs Nutrient Out

• Thread starter Motohead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motohead

Motohead

What’s up folks, I’m growing in 5 gal radical bags with coco coir topped with hydroton. In veg now feeding daily Veg bloom at 2.0 EC going in at 5.8 ph. Plants are looking pretty good. I just notice when I check my run off the PH is 6.4. Doesn’t matter if it goes in at 5.7 or 6.0 always comes out at 6.4. What does this mean? Is this an issue?

Monster762

Monster762

What’s up folks, I’m growing in 5 gal radical bags with coco coir topped with hydroton. In veg now feeding daily Veg bloom at 2.0 EC going in at 5.8 ph. Plants are looking pretty good. I just notice when I check my run off the PH is 6.4. Doesn’t matter if it goes in at 5.7 or 6.0 always comes out at 6.4. What does this mean? Is this an issue?
Idk I’m running coco mix for first time n I thought 5.8 was hot spot but I started seeing uptake issues. Someone mentioned bumping up towards 6.3
I bumped to 6.1-6.2 and my green is evening out. Actually it’s even now. Plants definately liking it. I had lighter n darker patches in same leafs.
I’ve never tested runoff on em they’re in a net with no pan so it hits tent floor n gets wet vacced up. I think what it is is your medium wants to hold that higher ph. Try bumping a hair closer to it with inputs

Are you seeing issues ? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
One good rule in life I never been able to follow.

Motohead

Motohead

Yes on the lighter green/yellow splotches on the leaves. The Purple Champagne is showing it the worst. I put them under 4 1000W DE’s after being under 2 315’s. This was a little intense for them. Ive since turned things down to 600W and they are clearing up. I can raise that PH on nutes going in as well.

Monster762

Monster762

Yes on the lighter green/yellow splotches on the leaves. The Purple Champagne is showing it the worst. I put them under 4 1000W DE’s after being under 2 315’s. This was a little intense for them. Ive since turned things down to 600W and they are clearing up. I can raise that PH on nutes going in as well.
Oh if they’re clearing up let them be. Another one of my biggest mistakes is doing too many things at once. You never know which one for sure fixed the issue. So therefore never learn what was actually wrong. I do it.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes that was a dramatic change in lighting par and intensity. Hold off on playing with your Ph and see if backing off the lighting helped. Then you may find your Ph isn't even an issue.
As always when diagnosing plant issues go slow and use one step at a time to resolve issues as like @Monster762 mentioned you can end up chasing your tail and never really having a sense of what actually worked for future use. :D

chemistry

chemistry

With that leap in light intensity your plant will have sucked up a lot of nuits in one go to make use of the light. So you may see all sorts of false defs for a week. So like others have said, don't make a lot of big changes in one go, or it makes it impossible to diagnose one problem from another. I'd feed a little less nuits and sit under the 600 for a week and see what happens.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I agree 6.1-6.3 has been a much better pH in coco than the 5.8 I heard was the sweet spot. I would recommend against worrying about your runoff pH in coco. It will give you erroneous readings and have you chasing your tail. A soil slurry test is much more accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom