Nutrients Inside Packaged Soil Question.

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

Your #s are half of what the guide I've used says. I've always known that I'm over feeding on some or all but it was never that bad with side effects.

My goal was to do a straight run. No nutrients except basic necessities. I dont even want to use the chemical stuff I have. Maybe just tea and coffee run off. Idk really. I play it by ear.. lol

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Your #s are half of what the guide I've used says. I've always known that I'm over feeding on some or all but it was never that bad with side effects.

My goal was to do a straight run. No nutrients except basic necessities. I dont even want to use the chemical stuff I have. Maybe just tea and coffee run off. Idk really. I play it by ear.. lol
You'll have to add amendments or more soil most likely for that. Making a balanced and living "super soil" can be as easy as adding a few amendments to ocean forest or just a lot of knowledge, microbe work, and attention to detail. I'm not sure, but i think you would need a lot of ocean forest to just sustain itself with teas and no runoff. Maybe i'm wrong but i imagine you'd need to add sustained nutrients or organic material as there isn't enough in there alone. Obviously this is a scale issue, you could use enormous pots, my point is it's far more feasible to add some amendments to a moderate amount of ocean forest. You researched this stuff at all? There's some great guys on here with that knowledge. If you want a simple recipe or review, i can help but i'm more into plant physiology than microbe or soil biology, so i'm not a living soil expert. Not that i call myself an expert at anything. Professional to me just means you do it for money and so you can have a reputation with proven results and references. I'm a professional in that regard, but calling yourself an expert of plants seems like a misnomer to me. They are living in a different dimension we can barely measure or "view". Nobody is an expert on this shit. These plants are dancing a tightrope walk every second and somehow come out amazing. Crazy stuff. I absolutely love plants.

P

PassTheJ

You'll have to add amendments or more soil most likely for that. Making a balanced and living "super soil" can be as easy as adding a few amendments to ocean forest or just a lot of knowledge, microbe work, and attention to detail. I'm not sure, but i think you would need a lot of ocean forest to just sustain itself with teas and no runoff. Maybe i'm wrong but i imagine you'd need to add sustained nutrients or organic material as there isn't enough in there alone. Obviously this is a scale issue, you could use enormous pots, my point is it's far more feasible to add some amendments to a moderate amount of ocean forest. You researched this stuff at all? There's some great guys on here with that knowledge. If you want a simple recipe or review, i can help but i'm more into plant physiology than microbe or soil biology, so i'm not a living soil expert. Not that i call myself an expert at anything. Professional to me just means you do it for money and so you can have a reputation with proven results and references. I'm a professional in that regard, but calling yourself an expert of plants seems like a misnomer to me. They are living in a different dimension we can barely measure or "view". Nobody is an expert on this shit. These plants are dancing a tightrope walk every second and somehow come out amazing. Crazy stuff. I absolutely love plants.

I have little interest in pot. Just want to grow decent stuff to save in the long run. I generalize pretty much everything and try to keep a half ass baseline of success.

I'll see how I go about it. Probably end up using the guide at -50% and only the base stuff. Idk.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I have little interest in pot. Just want to grow decent stuff to save in the long run. I generalize pretty much everything and try to keep a half ass baseline of success.

I'll see how I go about it. Probably end up using the guide at -50% and only the base stuff. Idk.
I recommend you do that and maybe look into just a few things to add to ocean forest to make it last longer. Kelp meal, bone meal, whatever you decide you like. Outdoors i do that and just add more on top if they get hungry. Leave the pots 2/3full or whatever i feel like lol. Otherwise, get some dynagro grow or foliage pro and just do the 1/2tsp-tsp based on size. You could do it in bare coco or peat if you just wanted full control, black and white method from day one. I could give you either of those and would do it for free with maintenance help if you wanted to try to go really simple with it. I help people do that for medicine and enjoy it. Just lmk. I come by here every morning no matter how sick i am. You should use up your gh at half strength first no matter what though.

P

PassTheJ

Problem solved. I used my usual guide @ -50% and they perked up well.

Now I know a 3gl pot at 75% full of my own mix lasts approx 4 weeks and requires only a single feed in the end to get it to where I'm ready to switch so a 5 gl pot would take them through the whole cycle without having to add stuff.

I think that makes me the happiest. My Vegging just got alot easier to manage. Never should have started with solutions. Makes you depended on them even though its unnecessary.

The hard part is next. Trying to be as minimalist as possible flowering without screwing up. Cant wait!

Before and after pics

20181027 162621
20181026 110324
H

HelixFertili

Sometimes the Nutrients can get "locked" with organic matter depending on concentration and make it plant unavailable. Even with chelated nutrients, Cal and Mg can complete. That why they have slow release nutrients so as to avoid a huge burst of nutrients which might become "locked". Best way is to slow feed, if that permits.

P

PassTheJ

My lights were bleaching the plants.. plus I had a nitro deficiency. Both now fixed.

They look great..

20181119 091807
Top Bottom