Nutrients, Par, Ph - Hydroponics

• Thread starter ZXC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZXC

ZXC

Light intensity and duration affect the absorption, requirements, and usage of nutrients in plants and dictate maximal growth. Acquisition of nutrients is correlated to the pH of the media supporting the system. Optimal growth and nutrient utilization is desired to maximize biomass and reduce systemic waste. Many ideologies are based on empirical evidence, but few have attained scientific recognition. In pursuit of the elusive perfect grow; we seek to ascertain optimal parameters for the cultivation of cannabis. All data and advice are welcome here, as this is research into creating a utopian environment. Please post observations, advice, and thoughts upon this most auspicious endeavor.

- ZXC

ZXC

ZXC

:) Thanks ShroomKing! I sure do. I just spent the better part of a day trying to control heat, odor, ventilation and pH while increasing the PAR and ppm of 2.3-1-3.4 nutes in my RDWC system. Here is a question, has anyone found an optimal ratio for the micro nutrients? I'm winging it with the mix, based on tissue analysis, commercial formulations, and user posts (thanks Seamaiden, I've gleaned a lot from some of your threads). I haven't observed any deficiencies, but I do prefer a more research based approach.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Takes a lot of money to be able run a lab, and with 80% of the world considering it illegal still, funding for such research is at a minimal for now.

ZXC

ZXC

Hi Midwest,

Don't I know it, I've worked in a lot of them. Actually, I'm a bit jaded as I was running assays in which the lab billed our clients > 20K, and I only got my salary - no bonuses :( ...wish I was running the lab. I sure wish there were some capstones or dissertations out there from the candidates, but your right, it's still too politically incorrect. On the bright side, I have been collecting tons of empirical data, and I'll crunch it, report back, as I go.

Thanks for the insight,

- ZXC

ZXC

ZXC

Hey THC Farmers,

So, I spent the day manufacturing a hybrid low pressure aeroponic/deep water culture system. I needed to accommodate some flowered clones. I'm totally psyched that the homemade aero-cloner and trial hormone concoction yielded 100% success on the first try! (Crazy unheard of right?) Roots popped out in less then ten days even though they were 3+ weeks into flower, so now I'm looking at a monster crop next cycle. I'm thinking either SOG or ScrOG, but I have spacial limitations. So goes the grow...

I'm hoping that some of the more veteran farmers will reiterate and share some more knowledge and experience that will benefit the whole community again, and provide some food for thought to encourage innovation. Along those lines I would like to thank. and I would love to correspond with, some of the greats - Crysmatic, Squarepusher, Seamaiden, Capulator, Spurr, Fatman, ( and Fernandez of course!), and a whole slew of members who have contributed, that I failed to mention here because I'm overwhelmed. I thank you all wholeheartedly, and look forward to a collaborative growth.

Thanks again,

- ZXC !

Latest posts

Top Bottom