Obama administration slams medical marijuana

• Thread starter spinkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

To add to the craziness, last week a congressional committee voted to reduce federal sentences against crack offenders and commence to early releases. So now let's go after medicinal marijuana. None of our elected officials are worth a bowl of turds. I don't get it either. That story is on google news by CBS btw.

im whitey, but those crack laws are racist as fuck
some states avg prison sentence is 10x more than crack

but nobody belongs in jail for a victim less crime

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

the republican controlled congress?

and obama still has to sign/veto anything that comes through

this is the problem with a 2 party system. voting for the person not winning is really just voting against the winner (a vote for ron paul last round was a vote for mccain)

Clueless to what? no memos going to shutting down half of la clubs. at least theyre somewhat playing by the rules now. Or the massive cluster fuck of a country handed to him. Ill admit i will be pissed if i have to learn to speak chinese. But that decades of problems coming together.

Well I don't want to be a jerk, or get in a pissing match with you, shit discussing politics will turn people against each other so fast..

but to me your previous statement is a perfect example of being clueless when it comes to obama and his policies.

Like when you said "At least obama is keeping it civil and keeping good people out of jail"

Thats just straight up Obama hype, RMCG actually came with facts ;)

Americans for Safe Access (ASA), which argues that patients who can benefit from marijuana should be able to obtain it legally, counts well over 100 raids in the two years and four months since Obama's inauguration, compared to about 200 during Bush's eight years in office.

So when you say obama is keeping people out of jail, I would say thats a clueless statement when you look at the facts/number of raids.

:passingjoint:

dropped you some rep bud.. I gota stay clear of these political threads.. Im here to make friends not battle with people :)

bottom line I voted obama, Id almost rather of had mcain at this point.. all the change Obama campaigned on was lies.. like revoking patriot act.. etc... Obama is a flip floper, at least thats how I feel

R

RMCG

this is the problem with a 2 party system. voting for the person not winning is really just voting against the winner (a vote for ron paul last round was a vote for mccain)

My comment was actually a jab at the dictator/pres based on his actions as of late ie Libya - I don't need Congressional approval, I have the U.N's....

RE 2 party systems:

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy.

- Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Quigley

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

sorry homies wasnt try to start any shit. i guess i need to read through what i post sometimes lol

true on that syria thing, bush did it during afghanistan if i remember right, but nobody fussed. from what i understood, hes saying that its u.n. forces doing this, not u.s., but its really like 75% out troops and all our airstrikes

just cuz theres more people in jail doesnt mean they arent going after the people that are getting carried away or the people that are into other stuff (coke meth heroin) a lil harder. i pretty much ignor the numbers on that kinda stuff, they can be mutated to say what ever you want

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Return of Mass Layoffs a Grim Sign for U.S. Workers

Putting pressure on an already lousy job market, the mass layoff is making a comeback. In the past week, Cisco, Lockheed Martin and Borders announced a combined 23,000 in job cuts. (See: Another Retailer Bites the Dust: Borders Doomed by Amazon Deal, Davidowitz Says)

Those announcements follow 41,432 in planned cuts in June, up 11.6% from May and 5.3% vs. a year earlier, according to Challenger, Gray & Christmas.

Meanwhile, state and local governments have cut 142,000 jobs this year, The WSJ reports, and Wall Street is braced for another round of cutbacks. This week, Goldman Sachs announced plans to let go 1000 fixed-income traders.

If these trends continue, we may soon be talking about losses in the monthly employment data -- not just disappointing growth, says Howard Davidowitz, CEO of Davidowitz & Associates

"Everything in business is confidence," Davidowitz says. "You lose confidence and businesses can't deal with that [and] who could have confidence with what's going on in Washington?"

Davidowitz is bipartisan in his criticism, calling the U.S. political system "dysfunctional and deranged." (See: "A Bunch of Morons in Washington": Howard Davidowitz Handicaps the Debt Ceiling Debate)

Still, the restructuring expert is a longtime and vocal critic of President Obama: "There has never been in a situation in my lifetime where a guy increases the debt by 40%, GDP growth is on the way down, Food Stamps are up, millions more are unemployed -- and to accomplish this we spent $4 trillion."

In This Time is Different, co-authors Ken Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart demonstrate that financial crises are typically followed by severe recessions, slow recoveries, subpar growth and greater frequency of recessions in the decade following the crisis. (See: Bernanke In Denial About Economy's Fate, Vincent Reinhart Says)

"No one believes the economy, Obama or not, is going to improve," my Breakout colleague Jeff Macke says in the accompanying clip. "Time [is] the only thing that heals."

j wizzle

j wizzle

i think you meant to say a vote for ron paul was a vote for obama....ron paul is not taking away democratic votes, he is taking away republican votes.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i think you meant to say a vote for ron paul was a vote for obama....ron paul is not taking away democratic votes, he is taking away republican votes.

lol yep

president mccain....that woulda been some shit

K

kolah

Presidents are puppets. It's the private bankers behind the curtain pulling the strings in Oz kiddies. The dem/repub political bullshit is the illusion that you have 2 different parties and choices. ITS BULLSHIT!!! wake up!

S

smokinrav

lol yep

president mccain....that woulda been some shit

Has anyone who now thinks McCain would have been better than Obama forgotten Vice President Palin?

FWIW, it's Federal law that gave us mandatory minimums stipulating that conviction of crack possession recieved 10 times the sentancing as the same amount of powder, starting after the death of Len Bias due to a POWDER cocain overdose.

Obama sucks, Democrats suck, Republicans suck WAY more.

K

kolah

There is ONE party only and our once free republic has become a Military Industrial Complex. Otherwise defined as fascism. Digest the Reality.

R

RMCG

Presidents are puppets. It's the private bankers behind the curtain pulling the strings in Oz kiddies. The dem/repub political bullshit is the illusion that you have 2 different parties and choices. ITS BULLSHIT!!! wake up!

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy.
- Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope
ir

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Quigley

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

the way i see it, second term obama is the only chance we got
unless your going to hop on the ron paul/gary johnson bandwagon

Only chance we got at what?bankruptcy?a new war?more debt?get a grip,do you see things improving or getting better since his bullshit change?One term wonder,he will be gone.

S

smokinrav

Ever notice that when Republicans get elected, they're populist centrists in the election and then they move the country drastically to the right in order to appease their "base"? Democrats, on the other hand, appease their base in the elections, and then shift their policies to the right in order to get re-elected. They're all bullshit liars existing only to do whatever is necessary to attract campaign funds and win another term in office.

R

RMCG

Ever notice that when Republicans get elected, they're populist centrists in the election and then they move the country drastically to the right in order to appease their "base"? Democrats, on the other hand, appease their base in the elections, and then shift their policies to the right in order to get re-elected. They're all bullshit liars existing only to do whatever is necessary to attract campaign funds and win another term in office.

It is 'by design', see me post above.

:sweating

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yea the debt deal shit over the last couple days makes me want to bash my head in

the indecisiveness has cost us billions in the stock market alone

rheetard shit

thanks jon stewart for keeping me sain over the last week

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
it is us!

we let them do ..we handed it to them all this power
its not a conspiracey no one hides it (except with words)
we as a people cant get our shit to gether and say this aint right stop it
no were to concerned with our little dollar that we need to make it to tomarrow

I say it all the time its mob mentality

2-5 people smart hard to pull the wool over their eyes

25 -50,000 people stupid scarry and unpredictable animal

how else would Ronald reagan a man who made his money lying (actor)
be made president ?

one more thing give me one example where a scientific breakthrough discovery etc has been done with more than 20 people ?
Im waiting you cant we turn in to cattel more and more everyday

this keeps going because WE ! dont stop it JMO

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Gotta love Jon Stewart, they make his job easy, as He points out the obvious most the time and the fact that it's such laughable really speaks volumes about adult politics...
People blow my mind! This govt is really just a corporation that sucks up money it seems, but has no accountability to produce anything productive(decent laws...) It's a govt for the corporations by the corporations and unfortunately they are people in the courts...

...and these corporations all are corporationey and stuff...durka durka, mohammed jihad, .....Matt Damon...lol lmao
Just had a Team America flashback! America fuck yeah!!

baba G

Latest posts

Top Bottom