Obama Tries to Rewrite His History of Promising Forbearance for Medical Marijuana Suppliers

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Yep..

I always blame "them"...what ever you want to call "them" and who ever "they" hell they are.

I know "they" are behind all of it. :cool:

LOL I know, that sounded dumb. I sound like a conspiracy theorist. "Them" was refering to the rich CEOs that are funding the presidential campaigns.

soserthc1

soserthc1

On the Obama tip:

Most politicians will say anything to get elected, and re-elected. It's a game. Look at Obamas stance on gay marriage now. He is trying to get votes from all sides, but you can't please the devil and God at the same time.

What a shit show.
there will never be a president that actually does what he say's in his election parade. Its like 2am in the bar and your telling the girl she is the most beautiful girl you ever seen and you will def call her in the morning but once you get what you want - its a different story. Same deal only we are the girl in his story......

soserthc1

soserthc1

yea sure medical mj is next on his list in an election year - there is still tons of ignorance surounded on this issue but little by little as people see what this medical plant can do for a sick person (possibly in there family) the tide will change. I actually believe that pot has made me more healther in just my general well being - i never get the flu, i drink less knowing i have my marijuana before bed. The only neg affect is a little short term memory loss but hey i always remember where i put something just takes a little while. hopefully after obama wins he will address the issue knowing he does not have to worry about re election... much better chance than with a oil influenced rep. JMHO not looking to get in pollitical debate......peace soser

rawman

rawman

Fuck Obama goin' back on the same words that got him backed by us.. " I will try my best to stop raids on legal operations, and focus energy elsewhere on more important matters", he once said.... This whole US is ran by big pharma co's, privatized jails, and the tobacco and achohol committee... Along with the police departments, and dea.... Without us they'd be out of job that's why they pay officials to get elected, and run the nation as they'd like... Overgrow our crooked gov, and show them we can't be stopped is all I've gotta say.

N look at how banks like Wachovia get caught laundering money for drugs cartels, yet there penalty is only 10% of there profits and they still get to keep the rest... No other penalties... Fuck these assholes

When I get rich I'm buying my own country where the free are free... Lol

jyip

jyip

Jesus Jyip, Jesus. I must give you much props on that grow show, wow! I am digging the flush!
thx savanalona! that was anice tray, quite awhile back tho, spring 08, i hava nice one goin now tho, should b down for 7/4 or so, 15 hindu kush, 5 bubbleegums, and five red columbian....im thinkin im good for towards 2 lbs,,,i count bud sites as the plts gro and u can tell roughly what they will yeild,,, i have about 165 budsites now, and i figure times 4-7 grams depending on heavy vs light budding strains..not counting the five red columbo's i figure are good for 30 grams each +/- so im guessing 810-975 grams for weight, could b more...
next post is obama quotes n crap off the mmp website

jyip

jyip

U.S. House Democrats Support Ending Federal Interference in Medical Marijuana States

by Morgan Fox
May 10, 2012
Nearly Three-Quarters of Democrats Break with Administration Policy, Vote to Prevent Federal Agencies from Targeting Individuals in Compliance with State Medical Marijuana Laws

Democrats in the House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to approve an amendment to the FY 2013 Commerce, Justice, State Appropriations bill late Tuesday that would effectively end the ability of federal agencies to enforce federal marijuana laws against individuals who are in compliance with state medical marijuana laws. The amendment stated that federal agencies may not use any funds to target individuals in states with medical marijuana laws, as long as those people are following the laws of their respective states. This amendment, which was debated five times last decade, was reintroduced after an increase in federal actions against state-legal medical marijuana providers throughout the country over the last year.
The amendment was supported by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-California), Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-New York), Rep. Sam Farr (D-California), and Rep. Tom McClintock (R-California). It was defeated in the House by a vote of 163-262 at the close of voting. Of those in favor, 134 were Democrats and 28 were Republicans, with 72% of Democrats backing the measure. The strong support among Democrats is notable in light of recent criticism of the Obama administration’s crackdown on medical marijuana providers despite campaign promises that he would not use federal resources to undermine state medical marijuana laws.
“It is encouraging to see so many members sending a clear message to the Obama administration,” said Steve Fox, director of government relations for the Marijuana Policy Project. “These 163 members are tired of seeing federal resources dedicated to undermining state medical marijuana laws. They understand, especially members from medical marijuana states, that when the Obama administration forces the closure of medical marijuana dispensaries, they are driving patients back to the streets to acquire their medicine. States are doing the right thing by ensuring that patients have safe access to medical marijuana. It is only a matter of time before every member of Congress accepts this truth.”
Currently, 16 states and the District of Columbia allow seriously ill patients to use medical marijuana with a recommendation from their doctor. Connecticut is poised to become the 17th state to pass a medical marijuana law. Another ten states are considering bills to make marijuana legal at this time.
The amendment performed about as well this time around as it did the last time it was considered in 2007. While that may not seem like progress, it is actually quite a step forward. In the most recent vote, we saw an increase in the percentage of both Democrats and Republicans that supported this policy change. The reason that the overall support for the amendment remained relatively unchanged is that support among Republicans is still fairly low, and many more of them are now in office than in 2007.
If you are curious to see how your representative voted on this amendment, please follow this link.

Broken Promises: The Obama Administration and Medical Marijuana

by Matthew Jordan
May 7, 2012
President Obama owes a debt of gratitude to the medical marijuana community for his election in 2008 — a debt that patients, providers, and businesses hoped would be fulfilled by the president following through on the promises he made to respect state medical marijuana laws.
As you can see in this recent op-ed in the Washington Post by MPP’s Rob Kampia, not only has the administration failed to keep its promise of respecting states’ rights on this issue, it is now the most hostile administration in U.S. history towards medical marijuana!
More than three out of four Americans support legalizing medical marijuana for serious medical conditions. With an approval rating of less than 50%, Obama needs to recognize the political ramifications of these continued attacks on the medical marijuana community. If he wants to hold on to the White House this fall, Obama needs to keep the promises he made four years ago, and end the crackdown. As his attorney general said a few days ago, all he has to do is say the word.
[/QU
this silly lil thread is gathering some stream now, lotsa up n comers to the new age govt n wannabe indian chiefs , truth be told, nobody here is gonna being runnin the country anytime soon, post all u want w/all the stoner logic you can muster, me?? I would rather channel my energy into something that will respond, my grow appreciates it when i help em w/xtra luv for the bud bearing girls

jyip

jyip

Jimmy Kimmel Addresses Marijuana Legalization At White House Correspondents' Dinner 2012

The Huffington Post | By Paige Lavender Posted: 04/28/2012 11:36 pm Updated: 04/29/2012 10:42 am

s-JIMMY-KIMMEL-WHCD-POT-large.jpg

Jimmy Kimmel, host of the 2012 White House Correspondents' Dinner, addressed marijuana legalization in his speech.
While delivering his remarks at the 2012 White House Correspondents' Dinner, comedian Jimmy Kimmel addressed the issue of marijuana legalization.
"What is with the marijuana crackdown? Seriously, what is the concern? We will deplete the nation's Funyun supply?" Kimmel said. "Pot smokers vote too. Sometimes a week after the election, but they vote."
Kimmel then posed a challenge to the crowd, which was made up of celebrities like Kim Kardashian and George Clooney.
"I would like everyone in this room to raise your hand if you've never smoked pot," Kimmel said.
Few hands went up.
Noting the crowd's reaction, Kimmel addressed President Barack Obama directly.
"Marijuana is something that real people care about," Kimmel said.
Obama, who recently said he doesn't "mind a debate" about drug legalization, has increased the crackdown on medical marijuana producers across the nation, including a recent high-profile raid on a California training school. He addressed the crackdown and attempted to clarify his 2008 comments that he was "not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws [on medical marijuana]" in a recent interview with Rolling Stone:
Speaking with Rolling Stone, the president tried to explain his original comments, claiming that the recent pressure on dispensaries and providers was in line with his intent.
"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law."
The president continued: "I can't nullify congressional law. I can't ask the Justice Department to say, 'Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books.' What I can say is, 'Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage.' As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes."​

Attorney General Eric Holder was a guest of The Huffington Post at the correspondents' dinner. Before it began, a HuffPost reporter noted to Holder that Obama's reference to "congressional law" was misleading because the executive branch could simply remove marijuana from its "schedule one" designation, thereby recognizing its medical use.
"That's right," Holder said.
After Kimmel's speech, a Holder deputy told HuffPost that there was no coordinated war on medical marijuana, but that some individual clinics were breaking both state and federal laws.
see waht jimmy kimmel says

squiggly

squiggly

Over the last month I've been incredibly stressed in my personal life and though I've had reasons, I've had absolutely zero excuse for allowing that stress to come out at the farm and to have directed it at any of its members.

I still believe my beliefs, and I still think people are asleep on the issues (that is to say I'm still excitable as it goes to this, if I' had a gong--I'd bang it)--but that doesn't mean I should've allowed my posts to take on a condescending tone.

I assure everyone that had I recognized what I was doing at the time, I'd have stopped myself. I am not an arrogant person, nor do I believe myself (or my beliefs) to be above anyone else'. Only after I escaped from my shit month (moving, finals, you-fucking-name-it) and allowed myself to decompress did I realize what a jerk I'd been being.

That does not mean that I agree with any of you I've disagreed with--it just means I fucked up and I want to take responsibility for it. To anyone I've disrespected, I apologize. I have a higher standard for myself than what I've shown here in the past month--and I aim to make that clear to everyone here as best I'm able from here forward.

B

Badmf

This has become political football, the thing that need to happen is positive pr with accredited medical associations shoowing positive medical benefits, then have the DEA re=schedule it from level one. With Baracks high school use well documented and the economy sideways, he can't look like an advocate even if he is one, Mitt et all would salivate such an error. Hearst propagada still has influence on older voters.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

All I can say is October surprise. First it was gay marriage, then yesterday it was illegal immigration (which he was getting flack for because he had deported so many immigrants), and now......are we next? Many people seem to think so, as does my lobbyist buddy in D.C.. Who knows though, we will see! Looking good in my eyes

sky high

sky high

Like many of my brothas and sistas here....I'mma gonna grow and smoke this plant....and have for the last 40 years.....whether Brotha Barack or Moneyboy Mitt or anyone else says it's "OK"....:D

And with the clown-show we've seen here in CO re MMJ.....I'm not totally convinced that all-out legality would be a good thing....especially if there is any sort of "commercial" aspect in the mix.

things >are< changing....we just have to hope that those changes are favorable and not simply an eventual >>in<< for big biz and big pharma to then force limits back upon us through the typical corporate pressures that rule most everything else in our world.

Make legality an individual right. If you love the plant enough to grow and smoke it..so be it.

With no sales/no commercial...only those folks who love her will involve themselves with her.

s h

Illmind

Illmind

money boy mitt lmao! you da man sky! I'm starting to think obamer is fuct this go round.. he seems to be losing his composure and patience.. I'm just waiting for him to explode mid debate to nail his coffin up.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I agree sky, we all do not need the commercialization that will certainly come with legality. I think decrim will be the first step....kind of like the dam, smoker is o.k., everyone else????? Who knows how this will play out million different possibilities, if Obama is elected. If Romney is, well then get ready to go back to those holes we crawled out of, prices will go back to 4 and time will go back to the guaranteed 5 mandatory if caught. Interesting times we live in to say the least.

K

kolah

The changing of the presidential position doesn't change the furthering of Agenda 21. Presidents are mere puppets. Try to see and then accept who exactly is pulling the strings.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yes Kolah I do agree that there are big agendas out there, and will get accomplished regardless of who is in office. There is also some smaller stuff that they could care less about. I hope marijuana is becoming one of these, obviously gay marriage has.

K

kolah

Agreed, San....IMO, gov has no business in dictating sexual preference issues or even marriage for that matter. As far as my mentioning of Agenda 21, I wasn't saying that directly aimed at you but just speaking out in generalization. I bring up Agenda 21 because it was once labeled as a conspiracy theory but is not openly admitted as factual (much like the Bilderberg meetings...and so many other so-called conspiracies which have now been easily proven and revealed as truth ).

I am unsure where MMJ is going to fall into place. The Powers That Be will have to sort out what collects more money, keeping it illegal or ending the prohibition. Because it always is ......and always will be..... about MONEY. And money always generates Power and Control.

"Welcome to the Machine."

Top Bottom